- 6-speed overdrive
- Torque @ RPM:
- 119 @ 3000
- 111 cubic inches
Indian Motorcycle, is America’s first motorcycle company, and during its long history it always rewarded its customers with high quality products that offered a perfect mix between classic designs and modern technologies.
With its new 2014 lineup the company continues the trend that made it famous and the new models keep their classic Indian appearance. However the old-school look is combined with modern accents and high end technologies, so the new Indians are able to keep their heads up with dignity against their best rivals.
The 2014 Indian Chief Classic 2014 has a starting MSRP of $18,999 and is a classic cruiser designed for long journeys.
In terms of style it comes with unique features such as valanced fenders, rich genuine leather saddle, classic tank-mounted instrumentation, tear-drop fuel tank design and sculpted and lighted front fender war bonnet.
The motorcycle is built around an all-new, clean sheet design, V-twin Thunder Stroke 111 engine. This technologically advanced unit has a displacement of 111 cubic inches and cranks out a peak torque of 119 ft-lbs at 3000 rpm. The engine’s power is controlled by means of a 6-speed overdrive transmission.
On the list of standard equipments offered for the 2014 Indian Chief Classic you’ll find chrome finishes, keyless ignition, ABS, cruise control, throttle-by-wire, cast aluminum frame with integrated air-box, dual exhaust, keyless start, chrome laced spoke wheels, brake caliper covers and leather seats.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Indian Chief Classic.
All you need. All you want
The 2014 Indian Chief Classic is everything an Indian Motorcycle was and ever should be. It’s a sculpted, powerful cruiser, built with the purest necessities of Indian style, wrapped around the innovation of tomorrow.
Standard - Yet Special Features
- Thunder Stroke™ 111 - The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless - Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient. With the Indian® Chief® Classic key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome - Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the iconic style of the Indian® Chief® Classic.
- 5-Year Coverage/Roadside Assistance - Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian® Chief® Classic with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Ride with confidence and peace of mind that you’ll enjoy every memorable mile. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle® Roadside Assistance for added assurance. See dealer for details.
Classic iconic features
- Indian motorcycle® badging - One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® color in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet - Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valenced Fenders - Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- Brake Caliper Covers - Every Indian® Chief® Classic is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valanced fenders.
- Center Console - Chief® Classic instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has a large, easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable ride and fuel data.
- Laced Wheels - The Indian® Chief® Classic rolls on bright, high quality laced wheels. Sixty chrome-finished spokes make up the wheels, which evoke iconic, timeless Indian Motorcycle® style.
Comfort with style
- Stage 1 slip-on exhaust - Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response.
- Fishtail Exhaust Tips - It’s easy to give your Indian Motorcycle® a major infusion of custom style with a set of Fishtail Exhaust Tips. These motorcycle exhaust tips fit on all Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust pipes and feature timeless American cruiser motorcycle styling.
- Quick Release Windshield - Quick Release Technology makes it easy for an Indian Motorcycle® rider to add the comfort and protection of this Low Windshield to an Indian® Chief® Cruiser motorcycle in seconds - without tools.
- Quick Release Passenger Backrest - Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest to an Indian® motorcycle. The backrest’s Quick Release Technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds - without tools!
- Pinnacle Cover Collection - Enhance the custom treatment of your Indian Motorcycle® by adding the Pinnacle Cover Collection to your bike. Each Horn Cover, cam cover and primary cover features branding and graphic and gives the motorcycle a clean, finished custom look.
|ENGINE TYPE||THUNDER STROKE™ 111|
|DISPLACEMENT||111 CU IN|
|BORE X STROKE||3.976" X 4.449" (101MM X 113MM)|
|ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM||CLOSED LOOP FUEL INJECTION / 54MM BORE|
|PEAK TORQUE RPM||3000 RPM|
|PEAK TORQUE (J1349 FT-LBS)||119.2 FT-LBS/ 161.6 N M|
|PRIMARY DRIVE||GEAR DRIVE WET CLUTCH|
|SUSPENSION: FRONT-TYPE/TRAVEL||TELESCOPIC FORK/4.7 IN (119 MM)|
|BRAKES/FRONT||DUAL / FLOATING ROTOR / 4 PISTON CALIPER|
|SUSPENSION: REAR - TYPE/TRAVEL||SINGLE SHOCK / 3.7 IN|
|BRAKES/REAR||SINGLE / FLOATING ROTOR / 2 PISTON CALIPER|
|TIRES/FRONT||DUNLOP® AMERICAN ELITE 130/90B16 67H|
|TIRES/REAR||DUNLOP® AMERICAN ELITE 180/65B16 81H|
|WHEELS||60 SPOKE 16" X 3.5" FRONT AND 16" X 5" REAR|
|EXHAUST SYSTEM||SPLIT DUAL EXHAUST W/ CROSS-OVER|
|WIDTH (INTL)||39.8 IN|
|SEAT HEIGHT||26.0 IN|
|FUEL CAPACITY||5.5 GALLONS|
|WEIGHT (EMPTY TANK / FULL OF FUEL)||778 LBS / 812 LBS|
|COLORS||THUNDER BLACK, INDIAN MOTORCYCLE® RED, SPRINGFIELD BLUE|
- CAST ALUMINUM FRAME WITH INTEGRATED AIR-BOX
- CRUISE CONTROL
- KEYLESS START
- LIGHT BAR
- PREMIUM LEATHER SEATS
The 2014 Indian Chief Classic is a clear evolution over the previous generation. It is hard to find it any fault as its design language looks fantastic and the build quality is first class.
Its new engine has all it needs to be considered a hight-tech unit and has the potential to compete with success against the best units from Harley Davidson. Despite its relatively heavy weight the motorcycle has enough grunt to reward you with a thrilling riding experience and you won’t complain about its handling either.
Moreover you also get a comprehensive list of comfort and safety features such as ABS, cruise control an advanced audio system or Bluetooth connectivity.