- Torque @ RPM:
- 161 @ 3000
- 111 cubic inches
Indian has released its entire range of 2014 motorcycles. The new Chiefs were totally revamped and are fitted with high end technologies and a comprehensive list of modern features.
All bikes keep their classic Indian appearance, but the Chief Vintage’s style is the most oriented toward the company’s past.
The 2014 Indian Chief Vintage has a starting MSRP of $20,999 and comes with a lot of handcrafted detail and fist class comfort features.
On the long list of features offered by the 2104 Indian Chief Vintage you’ll find quick-release soft-sided leather bags, leather fringe, vintage chrome badging on the front fender, chrome fender tips, and a quick-release windshield. You also get a tank mounted instrument cluster, whitewall tires and Indian’s iconic valenced fenders.
Needless to say that it shares all the standard features with the Indian Chief classic and is powered by the same all-new THUNDER STROKE 111, EFI unit that cranks out a peak torque of 161.6 Nm at 3000 rpm.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Indian Chief Vintage.
Standard - yet special features
Style Meets Swagger. The 2014 Indian Chief Vintage brings iconic Indian styling to a whole new level.
Thunder stroke™ 111
The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless- Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient. With the Indian® Chief® Vintage key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome- Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the iconic style of the Indian® Chief® Vintage.
- Genuine Leather- The comfortable seat and spacious saddlebags feature natural tan leather that will become even more distinguished over time. The high-quality leather is strong and durable, and it complements the traditional Indian Motorcycle® style.
- Quick Release Windshield- The protective windshield features Indian® Chief® Quick Release Technology, so it can be installed or removed quickly and easily in just minutes.
- 5-Year Coverage/Roadside Assistance- Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian® Chief® Vintage with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Ride with confidence and peace of mind that you’ll enjoy every memorable mile. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle® Roadside Assistance for added assurance. See dealer for details.
Classic iconic features
- Indian motorcycle® badging- One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® color in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet- Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valenced Fenders- Valenced Fenders Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- Brake Caliper Covers- Every Indian® Chief® Vintage is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valanced fenders.
- Center Console- Chief® Vintage instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has a large, easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable ride and fuel data.
- Laced Wheels- The Indian® Chief® Vintage rolls on bright, high -quality laced wheels. Sixty chrome-finished spokes make up the wheels, which evoke iconic, timeless Indian Motorcycle® style.
Comfort with style
Standard equipment The 2014 Indian Chief Vintage is certainly a great motorcycle and has all it needs to keep the company’s classic legacy alive. The bike shares the same engine with its other two siblings (the Indian Chief Classic and Indian Chieftain) but all three models come with a unique frame design. Also, unlike its two brothers, the Vintage comes with a special geometry featuring a 29 degrees rake and 6.1 inches of trail which makes it slightly more stable. However, compared to the Chieftain’s more serene character (25-degree rake and 5.9-inch trail), the Vintage’s steering is slightly heavier so it is less agile too.
ENGINE TYPE THUNDER STROKE 111 DISPLACEMENT 111 CU IN BORE X STROKE 3.976" X 4.449" (101MM X 113MM) COMPRESSION RATIO 9.5 : 1 ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM CLOSED LOOP FUEL INJECTION / 54MM BORE PEAK TORQUE RPM 3000 RPM PEAK TORQUE (J1349 FT-LBS) 119.2 FT-LBS/ 161.6 N M PRIMARY DRIVE GEAR DRIVE WET CLUTCH CLUTCH WET, MULTI-PLATE SUSPENSION: FRONT - TYPE/TRAVEL TELESCOPIC FORK/4.7 IN (119 MM) SUSPENSION: REAR - TYPE/TRAVEL SINGLE SHOCK / 3.7 IN BRAKES/FRONT DUAL / FLOATING ROTOR / 4 PISTON CALIPER BRAKES/REAR SINGLE / FLOATING ROTOR / 2 PISTON CALIPER TIRES/FRONT DUNLOP AMERICAN ELITE 130/90B16 67H TIRES/REAR DUNLOP AMERICAN ELITE 180/65B16 81H WHEELS 60 SPOKE 16" X 3.5" FRONT AND 16" X 5" REAR EXHAUST SYSTEM SPLIT DUAL EXHAUST W/ CROSS-OVER LENGTH 103.7 IN GROUND CLEARANCE 5.5 IN WIDTH (US) 40.4 IN WIDTH (INTL) 39.8 IN HEIGHT 58.7 IN SEAT HEIGHT 26.0 IN WHEELBASE 68.1 IN RAKE 29° TRAIL 6.1 IN FUEL CAPACITY 5.5 GALLONS WEIGHT (EMPTY TANK / FULL OF FUEL) 801 LBS / 835 LBS GVWR 1260 LBS COLORS THUNDER BLACK, INDIAN MOTORCYCLE® RED, SPRINGFIELD BLUE
The 2014 Indian Chief Vintage is certainly a great motorcycle and has all it needs to keep the company’s classic legacy alive.
The bike shares the same engine with its other two siblings (the Indian Chief Classic and Indian Chieftain) but all three models come with a unique frame design.
Also, unlike its two brothers, the Vintage comes with a special geometry featuring a 29 degrees rake and 6.1 inches of trail which makes it slightly more stable. However, compared to the Chieftain’s more serene character (25-degree rake and 5.9-inch trail), the Vintage’s steering is slightly heavier so it is less agile too.