After many teasers, Indian has finally revealed its ultra secret 2014 Chieftain. The motorcycle is completely new and represents the company’s declaration of war against all its rivals.
Although, Indian launched other two 2014 models next to the Chieftain, the latter was the most impressive. It comes with a massive fairing that features an aerodynamic design with swept back lights and three imposing headlights with the center one fully surrounded by chrome. The motorcycle also comes with a big protective windshield and the signature Indian valanced fenders.
Unlike the previous motorcycles built by Indian, the 2014 Chieftain features a cast aluminum chassis that offers a perfect balance between rigidity and low weight.
In terms of power, the 2014 Indian Chieftain is propelled by an all-new Thunder Stroke 111 engine. The unit is a technological masterpiece and its crankcase is comprised of two castings. It cranks out a peak torque of 161.6 Nm at 3000 rpm and its power is kept in leash by a smooth-shifting, six speed transmission.
You also get a spacious seat with quick release passenger backrest, a pair of big saddlebags mounted on quick-release anchors and a modern instrument panel.
The stopping power is assured by front and rear disc brakes assisted an ABS.
As far as prices are concerned the 2014 Indian Chieftain can be yours for no less than $22,999.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Indian Chieftain.
NEW LOOK. SAME SOUL.
The 2014 Indian® Chieftain™ is in touch with its past, but far ahead of its time. It’s the first Indian Motorcycle® ever with a hard fairing, hard saddlebags and unprecedented new comfort and convenience features. It’s like no Indian Motorcycle® ever seen before, yet its style makes clear it has the DNA of a legendary Indian Motorcycle®.
STANDARD - YET SPECIAL FEATURES
- Thunder Stroke™ 111 - The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless - Enjoy convenient and secure keyless starting. With the Indian® Chieftain™ key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome - Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the Indian® Chieftain’s™ style.
- Windshield - Raise and lower the power-adjustable windshield with the push of a button.
- Hard Saddlebags - Spacious hard saddlebags are mounted on quick-release anchors and feature remote electronic locks you control with a console mounted button - or a convenient key fob.
- Driving Lights - LED driving lights provide both style and protection down any road you choose to take.
- High-Output Audio - The fairing houses an audio system that delivers clean, quality sound from dual high-output speakers. The aerodynamic fairing blocks wind to allow you to enjoy your highway playlist without interference.
- Audio Bluetooth - The integrated Bluetooth® smart phone connection makes it easy to run music stored in the phone through the Indian® Chieftain™ audio system. Playlist info is displayed on the multi-function display screen, and switches near the handgrip make it easy to control the audio. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
- 5-Year Coverage/Roadside Assistance - Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian® Chieftain™ with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Ride with confidence and peace of mind that you’ll enjoy every memorable mile. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle® Roadside Assistance for added assurance. See dealer for details.
CLASSIC ICONIC FEATURES
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging - One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® color in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- Brake Caliper Covers - Every Indian Motorcycle® is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valanced fenders.
- Valenced Fenders - Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- War Bonnet - Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
COMFORT WITH STYLE
- Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust - Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response.
- Six Shooter Exhaust Tips - It’s easy to give your Indian Motorcycle® a major infusion of custom style with a set of Six Shooter Exhaust Tips. These motorcycle exhaust tips fit on all Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust pipes and feature timeless American cruiser motorcycle styling.
- Saddlebag Audio Kit - Turn your Indian® Chieftain™ motorcycle into a rolling concert hall with this Saddlebag Audio Kit. Using the color-matched Concert Audio Lids to replace the stock lids, the integrated audio system will deliver powerful, premium-quality audio to complement the output from your fairing speakers.
- Quick Release Passenger Backrest - Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest to an Indian® motorcycle. The backrest’s Quick Release technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds - without tools! *Luggage rack sold separately.
|ENGINE TYPE||THUNDER STROKE™ 111|
|DISPLACEMENT||111 CU IN|
|BORE X STROKE||3.976" X 4.449" (101MM X 113MM)|
|ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION||CLOSED LOOP FUEL INJECTION / 54MM BORE|
|PEAK TORQUE RPM||3000 RPM|
|PEAK TORQUE (J1349 FT-LBS)||119.2 FT-LBS/ 161.6 N M|
|PRIMARY DRIVE||GEAR DRIVE WET CLUTCH|
|SUSPENSION: FRONT - TYPE/TRAVEL||TELESCOPIC FORK/4.7 IN (119 MM)|
|SUSPENSION: REAR - TYPE/TRAVEL||SINGLE SHOCK W/AIR ADJUST / 4.49 IN|
|BRAKES/FRONT||DUAL / FLOATING ROTOR / 4 PISTON CALIPER|
|BRAKES/REAR||SINGLE / FLOATING ROTOR / 2 PISTON CALIPER|
|TIRES/FRONT||DUNLOP ELITE 3 130/90B16 73H|
|TIRES/REAR||DUNLOP ELITE 3 180/60R16 80H|
|WHEELS||CAST 16" X 3.5" FRONT AND 16" X 5" REAR|
|EXHAUST SYSTEM||SPLIT DUAL EXHAUST W/ CROSS-OVER|
|WIDTH (US)||40.2 IN|
|WIDTH (INTL)||39.8 IN|
|SEAT HEIGHT||26.0 IN|
|FUEL CAPACITY||5.5 GALLONS|
|WEIGHT (EMPTY TANK / FULL OF FUEL)||815 LBS / 848 LBS|
|AVAILABLE COLORS||THUNDER BLACK, INDIAN MOTORCYCLE® RED, SPRINGFIELD BLUE|
The 2014 Indian Chieftain represents a whole new level of evolution for the company.
Its unique design language combines Indian’s heritage with modern touches and first class ergonomics. Its heart is a completely new unit that takes all the good parts of its predecessors and combines them with new tweaks to offer groundbreaking performances in terms of power, reliability and efficiency.
Like any respectable modern motorcycle, the Chieftain is also fitted with a long list of high tech features such as Bluetooth connectivity, high output audio system, LED lights, throttle-by-wire or ABS.
Not to mention about the six-piece modular frame that further enhances the motorcycle’s performances in terms of ride and handling.