- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 228 L
Ranchers, farmers and outdoor enthusiasts looking for a simple yet rugged and affordable all-terrain vehicle (ATV) that can work hard and play hard can look to the Kawasaki BayouÂ® 250. With its durable four-stroke engine, electric start, five-speed transmission and steel cargo racks, it’s one of the best values on four wheels.
The Bayou 250 ATV utilizes independent A-arm front suspension and is the only ATV in its class to feature a semi-independent multi-link rear suspension. This design provides a smooth, compliant ride without the complexity and maintenance requirements of a fully independent design.
Additional features include triple drum brakes, hitch bracket, easy-to-read fuel gauge and a 12-volt accessory connector that makes hooking up electrical accessories quick and easy. Plus, its steel cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 110 pounds.
Kawasaki Bayou 250 Specifications
- Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder
- Displacement: 228cc
- Bore x stroke: 69.0 x 61.0mm
- Compression ratio: 8.9:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
- Ignition: Solid state with electronic ignition backup
- Transmission: Five-speed-plus reverse with automatic clutch
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame: Double cradle, steel
- Suspension front / wheel travel: Single A-arm, independent / 4.5 in.
- Suspension rear / wheel travel: Semi-independent Quad-Link with dual shocks / 4.5 in.
- Front tire: AT21x8-9 tubeless
- Rear tire: AT22x10-10 tubeless
- Front brakes / rear brake: Dual drums / Drum
- Overall length: 70.1 in.
- Overall width: 40.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 43.9 in.
- Ground clearance: Center of chassis - 7.5 in., at rear axle - 6.1 in.
- Seat height: 28.7 in.
- Lighting: 25W x 2
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 44 / 66 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 450 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
- Dry weight: 404 lbs.
- Instruments: Neutral indicator, reverse indicator
- Colors: Hunter Green, Aztec Red
- 228cc air-cooled four-stroke engine is smooth and reliable
- Only ATV in its class with semi-independent rear suspension
- Shaft drive is reliable, quiet and very low maintenance
- Fuel gauge allows the rider to check the fuel level at a glance
- Electric starter is hassle-free and has recoil back-up
- Cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 110 pounds
- It can tow 450 pounds with an optional Kawasaki tow hitch