SPORTBIKE PERFORMANCE, TOURING COMFORT
The Concoursâ„¢ motorcycle is designed for the sport-touring enthusiast who wants the engine and chassis performance of a sportbike, but demands the comfort and convenience necessary for those extended road trips that make life more interesting
As a true sport-tourer, the Concours handles twisty backroads as easily as it cruises the highway, thanks to a rigid chassis and 997cc liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine. The engine produces strong power throughout the rev range and a gear-driven counterbalancer smoothes vibration. The engine is matched to a six-speed transmission to keep the engine at a relaxed rpm at highway speeds.
Of course, comfort is a high priority on the Concours. It features a triple-density foam saddle, which is deeply contoured to comfortably seat both the rider and passenger. A full fairing creates an aerodynamic envelope for two when riding in a relaxed, upright position. Two lockable bins are on either side of the fairing for added convenience.
The Concours also features a 7.5-gallon fuel tank for long-distance touring, and locking luggage detaches with the flip of a latch for overnight trips. Plus, the smooth flowing lines of the Concours add an aesthetic touch, and special panels can be secured to the sides when the saddlebags and mounting brackets are removed.
Kawasaki Concours Specifications
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, Transverse, In-Line 4 Cylinder
- Displacement: 997 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 74.0 x 58.0 mm
- Maximum Torque: 72.3 lb-ft @ 6,500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK 32 X 4
- Ignition: TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Rake/Trail: 28.5°/4.8 in.
- Front Wheel Travel: 5.5 in.
- Rear Wheel Travel: 5.5 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70 VR18
- Rear Tire Size: 150/80 VR16
- Wheelbase: 61.2 in.
- Front Suspension: 41mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork with Adjustable Preload
- Rear Suspension: Uni-Trak with Adjustable Air Pressure, 4-Way Rebound Damping
- Front Brake Type: Dual Disc with 2-Piston Calipers
- Rear Brake Type: Single Disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7.5 gal.
- Seat Height: 31.1 in.
- Dry Weight: 595 lb.
- Color: Metallic Nocturne Blue/Metallic Graystone
- Warranty: 36 months
- Good Times Protection Plan: 24, 36 or 48 months
- * Price and specifications subject to change
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
- Includes temperature gauge
Radiator with Auxiliary Cooling Fan
- Engine is maintained at optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability Four-valve Cylinder Head
- Better breathing for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s gasolines
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Gear-driven Engine Balancer
- Smoothes engine vibration for comfort on the road
- Lower vibration levels increase electrical component life
- Increased reliability and durability
- Conveniently located choke makes starting and warm-up easier
Push-to-Cancel Turn Signals
- No fumbling; just a simple push on the switch cancels the turn signals
- A gear for every situation gives better acceleration
- Allows more relaxed highway cruising while utilizing the engine’s full potential
- Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder
Transistor-controlled Breakerless Ignition with Electronic Timing Advance
- A hot spark at all rpm for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy
- Two lockable bins on the fairing for convenience
- Instrumentation includes a digital clock
- Provides an aerodynamic envelope for rider and passenger
- Special cool-air ventilation ducts to maximize comfort
Triple-Density Foam Seat
- Deeply contoured seat gives exceptional comfort
7.5-gallon Fuel Tank
- Provides exceptional touring range
Locking Detachable Luggage
- Detaches with the flip of a latch
Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension with Four-way Rebound Damping
- Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
- Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
- Remote damping adjuster makes it easy to tune the suspension based on riding style, load and road conditions
- Features air-adjustable shock absorber
Dual Front Disc Brakes
- Balanced actuation caliper front disc brake for excellent feel and long pad wear
- Large, 300mm diameter front discs are drilled to reduce unsprung weight
- Reliable stopping power under demanding conditions
- Wide rims handle large, low-profile radial tires
- Quiet and low maintenance