For many families and their friends, riding all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) is both a passion and a social activity, so the Kawasaki KFXÂ®50 is an excellent model for parents who want to introduce their children to this lifestyle while teaching them how to ride safely and responsibly
Designed for riders ages six and older, the KFX50 ATV offers the simplicity of operation that helps adults teach children the important fundamentals of proper and responsible ATV control. At the same time, the KFX50 is easy to maintain, so families can spend more time riding the trails together rather than wrenching in the garage.
The KFX50 ATV is powered by an air-cooled 49cc, two-stroke engine that features automatic oil injection, so premixing fuel is unnecessary. Safety features include a removable power plate in the exhaust and a throttle limiting screw so parents can regulate speed, as well as a walk-behind ignition cut-off tether that stops the engine at the parent’s discretion. As a added safety feature, the parking brake must be applied in order to start the engine.
The engine rides in a steel frame and power is transferred to the rear wheels by lightweight chain drive. Suspension duties are handled by dual A-arm front suspension with dual shocks and a single-shock swingarm on the rear, while stopping power is provided by front and rear drum brakes.
Other KFX50 features include full floorboards for confidence and safety, one-piece seven-inch wheels, and a simple seat latch that provides quick and easy access to the air cleaner.
Available in Kawasaki Lime Green-a kid favorite-the KFX50 ATV comes with a six-month warranty that can be extended up to three additional years.
- Engine: Air-cooled, two-stroke, single cylinder with automatic injection
- Displacement: 49cc
- Bore x stroke: 41.0 x 37.8mm
- Compression ratio: 5.6:1
- Carburetor: Mikuni VM12SC
- Ignition: CDI
- Starting system: Recoil
- Transmission: Single-speed automatic
- Final drive: Chain
- Overall length: 49.6 in.
- Overall width: 29.9 in.
- Overall height: 29.3 in.
- Seat height: 21.1 in.
- Ground clearance: 4.7 in.
- Front suspension: Single A-arms with dual shocks
- Rear suspension: Swingarm with single shock
- Front brakes / rear brake: Dual mechanical drums / Single mechanical drum
- Front tires: AT16x8-7
- Rear tires: AT16x8-7
- Fuel capacity: 0.7 gal.
- Dry weight: 156 lbs.
- Color: Kawasaki Lime Green / Black
- 49cc two-stroke engine features automatic oil injection, so premixing fuel is unnecessary
- Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without ignition key
- Single-speed transmission with automatic clutch simplifies operation for beginning riders
- Removable power plate in the exhaust and a throttle limiting screw enables parents to control the riding speed of their child
- Walk-behind ignition tether cut-off enables parents to stop the engine in an instant
- Full-sized floorboards help protect the feet of beginning riders
- Child-sized controls more comfortably fit the hands of smaller riders