The ideal off-road motorcycle should combine tractable power with a comfortable chassis that can handle challenging trails.
Enter the KLXâ„¢300R. With its liquid-cooled four-stroke engine, perimeter frame and plush suspension, this Kawasaki gives off-road riders the balance of power and handling they want.
Designed to be ultra-compact, the KLX300R’s liquid-cooled 292cc engine features dual overhead cams activating four valves atop an Electrofusion-coated aluminum cylinder, which is wear resistant. The engine is wrapped in a high-tensile steel perimeter frame based on the design of Kawasaki’s championship-winning KX™ motocross bikes. A 26.5-degree steering angle and shorter wheelbase contribute to quick handling characteristics.
The KLX300R comes fully loaded with equipment to handle the rigors of trail riding, and is covered by a six-month limited warranty. Standard items include headlight and taillight, odometer, side stand, hand guards, snail-type chain adjusters for quick rear-wheel removal and quick adjustment of the O-ring chain, a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor, and a large fuel tank with reserve petcock.
The Kawasaki KLX™300R offers a compact, quick-turning package that’s well-suited to tight trails or long days exploring off the beaten-path. With a tractable engine and comfortable chassis, the KLX300R is the ideal partner for off-road adventures. Thanks to a liquid-cooled four-stroke engine, perimeter frame and plush suspension, this Kawasaki gives off-road riders the balance of power and handling they desire.
The engine is wrapped in a high-tensile steel perimeter frame based on the design of Kawasaki’s KX™250 motocross bike. A 26.5-degree steering angle and shorter wheelbase contribute to quick handling characteristics.
Kawasaki KLX300R Specifications
- Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single
- Displacement: 292cc
- Bore x stroke: 78.0 x 61.2mm
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed, manual clutch
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
- Rake / trail: 26.5 degrees / 4.2 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork with 20-way compression damping / 11.2 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 20-way compression damping and 18-way rebound damping / 11.0 in.
- Front tire: 80/100x21
- Rear tire: 100/100x18
- Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 83.3 in.
- Overall width: 35.8 in.
- Overall height: 48.0 in.
- Seat height: 36.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
- Ground clearance: 12.6 in.
- Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
- Dry weight: 233.7 lbs.
- Color: Lime Green / Black
- MSRP: $4,949
Ultra-compact 292cc Liquid-cooled, Four-stroke Single
- Lightweight piston and connecting rod allow power-producing revs
- Liquid cooling for even-running temperatures, longer engine life and consistent power on hot days
Double Overhead Cams
- A cam lobe for each valve with shim-under tappets has less reciprocating weight for efficiency at high rpm
- Incredibly hard coating in the aluminum cylinder provides superior heat transfer with less weight
- Holds lubrication, resists abrasion and seizure, and allows tighter clearances for more horsepower
Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR)
- KACR provides quick, easy starts
Four-valve Cylinder Head
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Boosts low-end torque
34mm Semi-flat Slide CVK Carburetor
- Precisely meters for good fuel economy
- Provides quick throttle response
Gear-driven Engine Balancer
- Engine runs smoothly from idle to redline
- More rider comfort on long rides
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability with gearing for every situation
- Oil level window provided
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI)
- Digital microcomputer delivers a precisely timed spark regardless of rpm changes
- Reliability under extreme conditions
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
- Frame is built of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel
- Straight-line ability is not sacrificed due to the incredible frame rigidity
43mm Upside-down Cartridge Fork
- 20-way compression damping adjustment
- Cartridge maintains more consistent damping force by minimizing aeration of the fork oil
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Temperature-compensating rebound damping keeps things under control even when the shock heats up under strenuous conditions
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Twin piston front caliper grasps a floating front disc for “single finger” stopping power
- Single piston rear caliper from the KX™250 gives strong, reliable performance
O-ring Drive Chain
- O-rings keep the dirt and water out, while retaining lubrication in for longer chain life
Enduro and Trail Equipment
- Headlight and taillight for long rides or enduro competition requirements
- Odometer to track progress
- Large 2.6-gallon tank allows for long distance riding
- Hand guards fend off the brush
- Snail-type chain adjusters for quick wheel changes and chain adjustments
- U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor