KAWASAKI’S NINJA 250R CONTINUES TO PROVIDE NEW AND EXPERIENCED RIDERS WITH CHARACTERISTICS OF A MUCH LARGER MOTORCYCLE
There’s a good reason why Kawasaki’s Ninja® 250R continues to be among those motorcycles at the top of the sales charts. Actually, there are several reasons why consumers flock to the sporty styling of this particular motorcycle. The Ninja 250R provides easy-handling agility, a lightweight presence, and ownership costs that make this Ninja model one to be considered when shopping for product in the entry-level sportbike category.
Power for the Ninja 250R comes from a high-revving, liquid-cooled, in-line twin-cylinder four-stroke engine featuring dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder. It delivers smooth, predictable power that’s perfect for new motorcyclists, yet its 14,000-rpm redline and six-speed transmission will bring a grin to the face of the most experienced sportbike rider.
Kawasaki Ninja 250R Specifications
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, Parallel Twin
- Displacement: 248 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 62.0 x 41.2 mm
- Maximum Torque: 18.1 lb-ft @ 10,000 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 12.4:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK30 x 2
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Rake/Trail: 27°/3.3 in.
- Front Wheel Travel: 5.5 in.
- Rear Wheel Travel: 5.1 in.
- Front Tire Size: 100/80-16
- Rear Tire Size: 130/80-16
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Front Suspension: 36mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension: Uni-Trak with Aluminum Linkage
- Front Brake Type: Single 260mm Disc with 2-Piston Caliper
- Rear Brake Type: Single 230mm Disc with 2-Piston Caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Seat Height: 29.3 in.
- Dry Weight: 304 lb.
- Color: Candy Persimmon Red, Ebony, Candy Thunder Blue, Bright Yellow
- MSRP: $2,999
Kawasaki Ninja 250R Features
Twin-cylinder 248cc Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design is lightweight and high revving, with a broad torque curve
- Good mass centralization for superior handling
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
- Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
Four Valves per Cylinder
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow to boost low end torque while providing better breathing for more power at high rpm
High Velocity Induction Technology
- Provides a smooth flow of air to the carburetors for maximum top-end
- Carburetor and intake port diameters are sized for quick mid-range throttle response
Silent Cam Chain
- Low friction coating on chain guides reduces wear, increases power
- Runs quietly, reliably
- Automatic cam chain tensioner maintains precise timing without maintenance
- Allows engine’s full potential to be used
- Provides excellent acceleration as well as relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
- A Kawasaki exclusive, just lift the pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily
Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Lowers the center of gravity for better handling
- Progressive rate provides a smooth, controlled ride
Handlebar Mounted Choke
- Convenient location makes starting and warm-up easier
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel for amazing rigidity
- No down tubes for lower engine placement and lower center of gravity
- Good ground and cornering clearance
Dual-Piston Front Brake
- Balanced Actuation Caliper front disc brake for excellent feel and long pad wear
Dual-Piston Rear Disc Brake
- Powerful, reliable, controllable stopping power
Centerstand and Sidestand
- Permits easy parking, cleaning or servicing
4.8-gallon Fuel Tank
- Long range makes it great for commuting
Like its larger siblings, the Ninja 250R features an aerodynamic faring, Kawasaki’s UNI-TRAK® progressive rear suspension and high-performance disc brakes. It also has a low seat height for confident stability while stopped. Other features include an easy-to-read instrument panel, positive neutral finder, centerstand and pop-up bungee hooks.