Few motorcycle designs manage to balance a rider’s need for performance, comfort and sport bike style as well as the Ninja 500R. The Kawasaki NinjaÂ® 500R offers stable handling and friendly power delivery for new riders, coupled with Ninja styling and willing performance for the more experienced motorcyclist.
Expert and beginning riders will appreciate the Ninja 500R’s liquid-cooled, inline 2-cylinder 4-stroke engine. With dual overhead cams actuating 4-valves per cylinder, the snappy motor is user-friendly and inspirational. Exploring the top end of this engine’s rev range is entertaining for even the most seasoned riders.
The high-performance engine isn’t the only selling point for the Ninja® 500R. On twisty back roads, the bike’s lightweight, the compact design makes for a great-handling machine. This is complemented by Kawasaki’s UNI-TRAK® progressive rear suspension system, standard fare on the larger-displacement Ninja models.
The Ninja® 500R also has the same sporty styling, which contribute to both form and function-the aerodynamic half-fairing provides wind protection for the rider, and is stylishly complemented by a lower fairing.
Twin-cylinder 498cc Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design
- Superior engineering produces sport bike power with broad usable torque
- Good mass centralization for superior handling
Auxiliary Cooling Fan
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
- Includes temperature gauge
Four Valves per Cylinder
- Maintains optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability
34mm CVK Semi-flat Slide Carburetors
- Better breathing for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s gasolines
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
- Quick throttle response
- Microprocessor-controlled timing never needs adjustment
- Ultra-responsive to engine needs
Positive Neutral Finder
- Provides excellent acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
Standard Half Fairing
- Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
- A Kawasaki exclusive
Double-cradle Steel Box-section Frame
- Offers rider wind protection for more comfort
- Incorporates large, easy-to-read instruments with twin resettable trip meters
- Stylish lower fairing completes the Ninja® image
37mm Front Fork
- High-tensile steel perimeter frame
- Lightweight, with superior rigidity for more precise handling and better control
- Centerstand included for convenience
Rear Disc Brake
- Large-diameter fork tubes with thin walls for light weight and exceptional rigidity
- Front Disc Brake with Dual-piston Caliper
- Disc is drilled for better cooling and reduced unsprung weight
- Dual-piston caliper increases braking effectiveness
Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Powerful and controllable
- Single-piston caliper
- Lowers the center of gravity for better handling
- Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
- Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
Centerstand and Sidestand
- Wide, modern 17-inch rims fit low-profile, high-performance tires
- Permits easy parking, cleaning or servicing
Metallic Titanium or Solar Yellow
- Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, parallel twin
- Displacement: 498cc
- Starting: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 74.0 x 58.0mm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK34 x 2
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
- Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 3.6 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.1 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® system with single shock / 3.9 in.
- Front tire: 11/70x17 tubeless
- Rear tire: 130/70x17 tubeless
- Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 82.5 in.
- Overall width: 27.6 in.
- Overall height: 45.7 in.
- Ground clearance: 4.7 in.
- Seat height: 30.5 in.