With its advanced four-wheel-drive system, smooth-riding chassis and dependable four-stroke engine, the PrairieÂ® 360 4x4 provides farmers, ranchers and sportsmen with a mid-size all-terrain vehicle (ATV) fully capable of handling big-bore work
Power for the Prairie 360 4x4 ATV comes from an air-cooled, single cylinder, four-stroke engine displacing 362cc. The power is then transferred through Kawasaki’s continuously variable transmission (CVT). With high and low forward gears plus reverse, the CVT enables the engine to operate in its optimal rpm range, giving the rider maximum torque regardless of speed or riding conditions.
The Prairie 360 4x4 ATV utilizes dependable shaft drive and gives the rider the added benefit of selectable four-wheel drive operation. At the flip of a switch, the Prairie 360 4x4 rider can engage all four wheels for added traction in adverse riding conditions. The Prairie 360 4x4 utilizes a limited-slip front differential, so steering is light and more precise. When maximum traction is needed, the rider can utilize Kawasaki’s Variable Front Differential Control by pulling a lever on the left handlebar to send power to both front wheels. When maximum traction is no longer needed, the rider simply releases the lever-the system is simple and effective.
Stopping power for the Prairie 360 4x4 is provided by dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system.
For added stopping power, the Prairie 360 4x4 features the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, which uses engine compression to help slow the ATV in technical maneuvers such as crawling at low speeds over rocks or descending steep downgrades.
The Prairie 360 4x4 ATV rides on supple MacPherson strut front suspension with 6.7 inches of travel, while rear suspension duties are handled by a sporty, single-shock aluminum swingarm with 7.1 inches of travel. It also features a large, comfortable saddle and full-sized floor boards with adjustable footpegs for maximum comfort. Plus, steel front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds.
Other conveniences include powerful dual halogen headlights, and a hitch bracket is standard, so the Prairie 360 4x4 can tow 1,100 pounds - the highest towing capacity in its class.
Kawasaki Prairie 360 4X4 Specifications
- Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke, single cylinder
- Displacement: 362cc
- Bore x stroke: 80.0 x 72.0mm
- Compression ratio: 8.3:1
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
- Starting: Electric with recoil backup
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, high and low range, plus reverse
- Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Frame type: Double cradle steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: MacPherson strut / 6.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with single shock, preload adjustment / 7.1 in.
- Front tires: AT25x8-12 tubeless
- Rear tires: AT25x10-12 tubeless
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 81.3 in.
- Overall width: 47.4 in.
- Overall height: 46.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Ground clearance: At center of chassis, 9.8 / at rear axle, 7.7 in.
- Seat height: 35.8 in.
- Lighting: 30W x 2 halogen
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 88 / 154 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,100 lbs.
- Dry weight: 605 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 3.6 gal.
- Footpegs: Adjustable
- Colors: Woodsman Green, Aztec Red
- Air-cooled, four-stroke engine delivers exceptional torque, providing the best combination of performance and simplicity
- Kawasaki Engine Brake Control utilizes the engine’s compression to help slow the Prairie 360 4x4 on steep hills and when towing heavy loads
- Continuously variable transmission has high and low forward gears plus reverse, so no shifting is required
- Selectable four-wheel drive can be activated with the flip of a switch-simple and effective
- Kawasaki Variable Front Differential Control lets the rider decide how much torque to deliver to both front wheels
- Dependable shaft drive requires minimal maintenance
- Dual front disc brakes provide superior stopping power to the front wheels
- Sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system provides superior rear braking power yet requires practically no maintenance and is protected from mud, dust, debris and water
- Front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds
- Large saddle and full-sized floorboards with adjustable serrated footpegs provide superior comfort and help protect the rider’s feet from mud and debris
- Smooth-riding MacPherson strut front suspension provides 6.7 inches of travel while the rear swingarm with adjustable shock provides 7.1 inches of travel
- Standard hitch bracket makes installing a ball hitch quick and easy for towing up to 1,100 pounds