- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 2053 L
It gives away none of the power of its Vulcan 2000 brethren, yet the 2006 Vulcan 2000 Limited benefits from added chrome and two-tone paint to make it a sure stand-out on the open road, or standing at curbside. Produced in limited numbers, this big cruiser is both an eye-pleaser and a performer that will amaze riders with its ease of handling.
The 2006 Vulcan 2000 Limited includes a color-matched chassis, plus the Vulcan insignia etched on the right side of the airbox to denote its special status. A high-quality, two-tone paint job on the tank and fenders gives it a “mood” of reserved elegance.
The Vulcan 2000 Limited also features more chrome on the engine, clutch cover, inner cam covers and transmission cover, compared to the Vulcan 2000. Plus, the chrome-plated wheels and a chrome-plated rear drive-belt pulley reflect even more of the bike’s strength and beauty when in motion.
With the addition of a longer, reconfigured sidestand, the Vulcan 2000 Limited even attracts the admiring glances of non-riders when it’s parked curbside.
Additional styling queues that put the Vulcan 2000 Limited at the forefront of cruiser design include a powerful four-bulb, projector-type headlight encased in a signature chrome Nacelle headlight.
Powering the Vulcan 2000 Limited is the largest V-twin engine in a mass-production motorcycle, boasting 125ci of displacement. It features a bore and stroke of 103mm x 123.2mm, forged pistons, alloy-steel connecting rods, huge 220mm flywheels, dual cams located within the one-piece crankcase and right-side pushrods actuating four valves per cylinder. Notably, Kawasaki engineers chose to utilize a push rod design in order to reduce engine height, which directly contributes to the Limited’s low center of gravity and relatively low seat height. Plus, hydraulic valve lash adjusters automatically maintain zero valve clearance for smoother, quieter operation.
Cruiser enthusiasts will appreciate the Vulcan 2000 Limited’s classic V-twin sound thanks, in part, to the single-pin crankshaft, while dual counter balancers and rubber engine mounts keep it running smoothly.
To provide sharp throttle response at any rpm, the Vulcan 2000 Limited’s electronic engine control unit (ECU) manages electronic fuel injection with its dual 46mm throttle bodies and sub-throttle valves, as well as the iridium spark plug ignition system. The sub-throttle valves help provide the Vulcan 2000 Limited with a smooth, linear power band, while the highly sophisticated fuel injection system’s fine atomizing injectors deliver an ultra-fine mist of fuel/air mixture to the cylinders for greater combustion efficiency, increased power and optimum fuel economy.
The top quarter of the V-twin engine is liquid cooled, while temperatures for the bottom three-quarters of the engine are managed by stylish and highly functional cooling fins. Plus, the engine and transmission feature built-in oil and water pumps, with the transmission also serving as the oil tank.
The fuel injection system’s air cleaner is nestled between the cylinders, which feature a black matte finish, and the cooling fins are polished to a bright metallic shine. Dual exhaust pipes and mufflers emit a distinctive V-twin rumble, and include honeycomb catalyzers to reduce emissions.
A Hyvo primary drive chain transfers torque from the big V-twin engine to the five-speed transmission case, which houses a multi-plate wet clutch. To fully benefit from the Vulcan 2000 Limited’s advanced electronics, a gear position sensor in the transmission sends signals to the ECU, further enhancing fuel injection volume and ignition timing, and thus improving performance. Final drive to the rear wheel is provided by smooth, quiet and low maintenance belt drive.
The V-twin engine is utilized as a stressed member of the Vulcan 2000 Limited’s steel, double-cradle frame, which features a large-diameter, box-section single-tube backbone. Coupled to the frame is a simple but elegant triangulated rear steel pipe swingarm suspension with a direct-action single shock. The rear suspension provides 3.9 inches of travel, and includes spring preload and rebound adjustment. Up front, large 49mm forks provide precise steering feedback and 5.9 inches of travel.
Adding to its high-end status is the chrome instrument panel with its large-face speedometer; mounted on a stretched, 5.5-gallon fuel tank, the V-shaped panel keeps the rider informed with an LCD display and warning lamps. The bucket-type saddle with locking passenger seat complements the Limited’s long, curving silhouette while providing all-day riding comfort.
The Vulcan 2000 Limited rides on chrome 16-inch wheels with a 150/80 front radial tire and a huge, 200/60 rear radial tire. Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and a single rear disc brake with two-piston caliper bring this big cruiser to smooth, powerful stops.
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000LTD Specifications
- Engine: Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, OHV, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, 52° V-Twin
- Displacement: 2053 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 103.0 x 123.2 mm
- Maximum Torque: 141 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Carburetor: DFI with Keihin 46mm Throttle Bodies (2)
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 5-Speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Rake/Trail: 32°/7.2 in.
- Front Wheel Travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Wheel Travel: 3.9 in.
- Front Tire Size: 150/80-16
- Rear Tire Size: 200/60-16
- Wheelbase: 68.3 in.
- Front Suspension: 49mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension: Single Shock, 8-Way Rebound Damping
- Front Brake Type: Dual 300mm Discs with 4-Piston Calipers
- Rear Brake Type: Single 320mm Disc with 2-Piston Caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.5 gal.
- Seat Height: 26.8 in.
- Dry Weight: 750 lb.
- Color: Metallic Phantom Silver/Candy Plasma Blue
- MSRP: $14,999
- Limited availability gives it more exclusivity
- Silver frame for totally custom look
- Stylish Nacelle headlight cover gives the Vulcan 2000 Limited a high-class look
- High-quality, two-tone paint job on the tank and fenders denotes reserved elegance
- Vulcan insignia etched on the right side of the airbox, plus chrome-plated clutch cover, chrome inner cam covers and left-side transmission cover for even more beauty
- Chrome-plated wheels and rear belt-drive pulley reflect more light, strength and beauty when in motion or even parked curbside
- Includes a longer, reconfigured sidestand for easier parking
- 2,053cc/125ci 52 degree V-twin, four-stroke engine produces massive torque across the entire rpm range
- Forged pistons and alloy connecting rods are strong and light
- Huge 220mm flywheels smooth power delivery
- Push-rod valve actuation contributes to lower engine height, low center of gravity and relatively low seat height
- Hydraulic valve adjusters reduce maintenance
- Engine Control Unit (ECU) manages electronic fuel injection and digital ignition system to optimize throttle response
- Fuel injection system features sub-throttle valves for a smooth, linear power band
- Fuel injection system’s fine atomizing injectors deliver ultra-fine fuel/air mixture for greater combustion efficiency, increased power and optimum fuel economy
- Center spark plugs enhance combustion for smooth, consistent power and reduced emissions
- Liquid and air cooling maintain consistent operating temperatures
- Engine and transmission feature built-in oil and water pumps, reducing the number of parts and reducing weight
- Single-pin crank for the desirable power-pulse feel and classic V-twin sound
Transmission / Final Drive
- A gear position sensor in the five-speed transmission sends signals to the ECU, further enhancing fuel injection and ignition performance
- Belt final drive is smooth, quiet, reliable and low maintenance
Frame and Suspension
- Steel double-cradle frame features large-diameter, box-section single-tube backbone for strength
- Engine is utilized as a stressed member of the frame to minimize chassis weight
- Steel pipe swingarm is simple and elegant
- Direct-action single shock features spring preload and rebound damping adjustment with 3.9 inches of travel for a smooth ride
- Large 49mm forks provide precise steering feedback and 5.9 inches of travel
Wheels and Tires
- Chrome-plated, 7-spoke, 16-inch cast alloy wheels add to the Vulcan 2000 Limited’s high-quality look
- Huge 200/60R series rear tire features a massive footprint
- Radial tires enhance handling and give the Vulcan 2000 Limited a firm, “planted” feel
- Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and single rear disc brakes provide smooth, powerful stops
- Powerful, four-bulb lens projector-type headlights brighten the road for nighttime rides
- “Stretched” 5.5-gallon fuel tank provides for long-distance road trips
- Chrome instrument panel keeps the rider informed with a large-face speedometer, LCD display and warning lamps
- Bucket-type front seat and sleek passenger seat provide all-day rider comfort and style