LOW SEAT HEIGHT AND FRIENDLY POWERBAND
The Kawasaki VulcanÂ® 500 LTD is a great, first-time buyer’s bike for those who want to enter the cruiser lifestyle, because its low seat height, friendly powerband and affordability make it easy to develop those all-important riding skills
The Vulcan 500 LTD gets its power from a 498cc parallel-twin, based on the same engine that powers the Ninja® 500R sportbike. Liquid cooling helps this cruiser maintain consistent operating temperatures for longer engine life and sustained power. The engine has also been tuned to deliver power as suited to boulevard cruising as it is to more spirited riding. The six-speed transmission, complete with Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder, allows riders to use the engine to its full potential.
Equally user-friendly is the chassis, which has a long and low steel frame that contributes to the 500 LTD’s classic cruiser looks, and with a saddle that’s just 28 inches from the ground, it puts just about any size rider at ease.
As for style, the Vulcan 500 LTD’s nod to the custom crowd includes a stepped seat, bobbed rear fender, tank-mounted speedometer and chrome-plated wire-spoke wheels. Admire it as is, or select enhancements from Kawasaki’s Fire & Steel™.
Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD Specifications
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, Parallel Twin
- Displacement: 498 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 74.0 x 58.0 mm
- Maximum Torque: 33 lb-ft @6,000 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK32 x 2
- Ignition: TCBI wtih Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Rake/Trail: 33°/5.9 in.
- Front Wheel Travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Wheel Travel: 3.9 in.
- Front Tire Size: 100/90-19
- Rear Tire Size: 140/90-15
- Wheelbase: 62.8 in.
- Front Suspension: 41mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension: Twin Shocks with 5-Way Adjustable Preload
- Front Brake Type: Single Disc
- Rear Brake Type: Drum
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.0 gal.
- Seat Height: 28.1 in.
- Dry Weight: 439 lb.
- Color: Candy Fire Red
- MSRP: $4,899
Twin-cylinder 498cc Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design based on the NINJA® 500R sportbike engine
- Special cam profiles and ample flywheel weight boost low-end torque
- Keeps operating temperatures consistent, resulting in longer engine life
- Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
- Radiator hides between the frame downtubes
Four Valves per Cylinder
- Better breathing for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for less detonation on today’s gasolines
- Boosts low-end torque
- Microprocessor-controlled timing ultra-responsive to engine needs
- Waterproof wiring connectors help prevent corrosion
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
- Maintains precise timing without maintenance
- Cam chain runs quietly, reliably
- Assures greater reliability
- Gear-driven Balancer
- Engine vibration is reduced for a super-smooth ride
- Allows engine’s full potential to be utilized
- Positive Neutral Finder
- When stopped, just lift the shift pedal from first gear to easily find neutral
- A Kawasaki exclusive
- 32mm CVK Semi-flat Slide
- Quick throttle response
- Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
- Convenient location makes starting and warm-up easier
- Designed to boost low and mid-range power
- Tuned pipes enhance low-speed pulling power
Single Disc Front Brake
- Single piston pin-slide caliper produces quick, sure stops
- Disc is drilled for better cooling and reduces unsprung weight
Tank-mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Gives needed information at a glance
- Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
- Laid-back riding comfort for two
Chrome-plated Wire Spoke Wheels
- Narrow 100/90-19 front tire with a beefy 140/90-15 rear tire complement the LTD’s traditional cruiser styling
- Efficient power to rear wheel
- O-rings keep lube in, dirt out for longer chain life