With its stepped seat, pulled-back bars and aluminum wheels, the Kawasaki VulcanÂ® 750 embodies the style of the original metric cruiser. It’s also easy to own and maintain, thanks to a high-tech V-twin engine and shaft drive.
Powered by a liquid-cooled, double overhead cam 749cc V-twin engine, the Vulcan 750 is powerful and low-maintenance. Hydraulic valve lash adjusters ease maintenance and liquid cooling increases overall engine durability. Plus, the engine itself is rubber-mounted within the double-cradle, high-tensile steel frame to reduce vibration at the handlebar and footpegs.
A low-maintenance shaft drive transmits power from the five-speed transmission to the beefy 15-inch rear wheel. Plus, the easy-shifting gearbox features Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder, which allows for easy and accurate shifting from first into neutral when stopped. Air-assisted rear shocks with four clicks of rebound damping adjustment offer a smooth and controlled ride, while dual front discs provide reliable stopping power. Full instrumentation, including both coolant-temperature and fuel-level gauges, and a center stand are standard fare.
Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Specifications
V-twin Engine with Gear-driven Balancer
- Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, 8-valve V-Twin
- Displacement: 749cc
- Starting: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 84.9 x 66.2mm
- Compression ratio: 10.3:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK34 x 2
- Ignition: Electronic
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame: Double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 5.0 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Air-assisted dual shocks with 4-way rebound damping / 3.5 in.
- Front tire: 100/90x19 tubeless
- Rear tire: 150/90x15 tubeless
- Front brakes / rear brake: Dual discs / Drum
- Overall length: 90.4 in.
- Overall width: 33.5 in.
- Overall height: 48.2 in.
- Ground clearance: 5.9 in.
- Seat height: 28.9 in.
- Dry weight: 483 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 3.6 gal.
- Wheelbase: 62.2 in.
- Colors: Ebony / Candy Persimmon Red
- MSRP: $6,299
Four Valves Per Cylinder
- Optimum torque from idle to redline
- Smooth, reliable and easy to maintain
- Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
- Better breathing for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s gasolines
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Hydraulic lash adjusters keep valves quiet with no adjustment required
Dual-stage Quiet Cam Chain
- Consistent operating temperatures, resulting in longer engine life
- Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
- Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
- Includes temperature gauge
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
- Dual-stage design allows more compact cylinder heads
- Runs quietly, reliably
- Maintains precise timing without maintenance
- Assures greater reliability
- All but eliminates engine vibration
Positive Neutral Finder
- Designed to handle the engine’s unique power characteristics
- The engine’s broad torque curve only needs five speeds for great acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
Dual 34mm CVK Carburetors
- Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to easily find neutral
- A Kawasaki exclusive
- Precise fuel metering facilitates uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
- Quick throttle response
Air-assisted Rear Shocks with 4-way Rebound Damping
- Hassle-free starting and warm-up
- Adjustable for a wide range of rider and passenger weights
- Provides a smooth and well-controlled ride
- Integral adjusters make it easy to tune the suspension for a particular riding style or road conditions
Dual Front Disc Brakes
- Reliable and quiet, low-maintenance system
Speedometer and Instrument Cluster with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Reliable stopping power under demanding conditions
Transistor Controlled Breakerless Ignition (TCBI) with Electronic Timing Advance
- Provides important information at a glance
- Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
- A hot spark at all engine speeds for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy