- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 748 L
- Top Speed:
- 146 mph
The Z750 has the power and poise to take you anywhere you want to go. Now this package has been enhanced with the introduction of the half cowl Z750S, a machine for you and your passenger to expand your horizons on.
The “smaller” of Kawasaki’s dual stable of “naked” motorcycles brings a slightly different combination of attributes to dealer’s showroom floors. The Z750S matches sportbike performance with enough comfort for two-up touring, a package that proved unbeatable in its 2005 debut, and will surely attract an even greater number of owners this year.
Initially launched in Europe and refined for American riding styles, the Z750S is powered by a liquid-cooled, 748cc, in-line four-cylinder engine that delivers a smooth linear powerband. It features a bore and stroke of 68.4mm x 50.9mm, double overhead cams, 16 valves, reshaped intake ports, exhaust ports and combustion chambers. A four-into-one exhaust system enhances mid-range power, while an oval-shaped, racing-inspired muffler helps to keep the Z750S running quietly. The muffler also includes a metal honeycomb catalyzer to reduce emissions.
The Z750S is the first middleweight naked bike to feature electronic fuel injection and utilizes 34mm throttle bodies. Combined with high-speed digital ignition, both systems are managed by an electronic engine control unit (ECU) for snappy throttle response.
To maintain a consistent operating temperature, the Z750S utilizes the same large radiator and ring fan as that found on the Z1000.
Power is transferred to the rear wheel through a six-speed transmission and 520 X-ring drive chain, and the Z750S rides on high-performance radial tires mounted on six-spoke 17-inch wheels.
The Z750S’s lightweight diamond frame is constructed of large diameter, thin wall tubing for strength and rigidity for nimble backroad handling and high-speed stability. Plus, the detachable right front-top portion of the frame makes tune-ups easier.
Performance-tuned 41mm forks, plus a rear swingarm featuring cast aluminum UNI-TRAK® linkage and shock with four-way rebound damping and seven-way spring preload adjustments help the Z750S soak up road bumps. Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and a 220mm rear disc brake help the rider bring the Z750S to quick, powerful stops.
Being a naked bike doesn’t mean the Z750S is without amenities. The Z750S’s half-cowl gives it a lean, provocative look, while quartz halogen headlights brighten the road at night. The instrument panel glows with a bright red backlight for a high-class look and includes a radial tachometer, digital speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, fuel gauge and clock, while the modern LED taillight and turn signals are shared with the Ninja ZX-6RR sportbikes.
The swingarm-mounted inner fender and front fender contribute to the Z750S’s aggressive, sporty image. The galvanized steel fuel tank is slender and helps to create a seating position that is comfortable and allows the rider to mold to the bike. The tandem seat features sleek passenger grab bars and an optional tandem seat cover is available from Kawasaki.
Kawasaki Z750S Specifications
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, Transverse In-Line, 4-Cylinder
- Displacement: 748 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 68.4 x 50.9 mm
- Maximum Torque: 55.0 lb-ft @ 8,200 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel Injection: DFI with Keihin 34mm Throttle Bodies (4)
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Rake/Trail: 24.5°/4.1 in.
- Front Wheel Travel: 4.7 in.
- Rear Wheel Travel: 5.0 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 180/55-17
- Wheelbase: 56.1 in.
- Front Suspension: 41mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension: Uni-Trak with 7-Way Preload,
- 4-Way Rebound Damping Adjustment
- Front Brake Type: Dual 300mm Disc with 2-Piston Caliper
- Rear Brake Type: Single 220mm Disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Dry Weight: 430 lb.
- Color: Metallic Spark Black
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times Protection Plan: 24, 36 or 48 months
748cc, DOHC, 16-valve, In-line, Four-cylinder Four-stroke Engine
- Tuned for linear powerband to suit any riding style
- Compact and lightweight, contributing to overall handling excellence
- Stunning appearance, enhancing naked design
- Fins cast into head improve external appearance
- Aluminum die casting cylinder head cover is thin-walled and lightweight yet strong
- All-aluminum, closed-deck cylinder block with chrome composite plated cylinders is light, long-wearing and offers excellent heat dispersion
- Four-into-one exhaust system enhances mid-rpm response
- Oval-shaped muffler looks good and helps keep the Z750S running quietly
- Kawasaki Low Exhaust Emissions (KLEEN®) catalyzer system helps keep the Z750S environmentally friendly
- Profiles designed for more low- and mid-range power
- Lightweight hollow inlet and exhaust cams each ride in five ball bearings to reduce friction loss
- Front cam-chain guide is light, easy to mount and provides accurate valve timing
- Provides the right gear for every riding situation and riding style
Digital Fuel Injection
- Provides excellent throttle response and power with less fuel consumption
- Compact electronic control unit processes information quickly for better engine response
- In-tank, electric fuel pump delivers a constant supply of fuel in all riding conditions
- 34mm throttle bodies with sub-throttle valves promote smooth engine operation
- Plug-mounted ignition coils are fitted to suit the new injection system
- Compact 32-bit ignition CPU delivers highly accurate information for the Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system
- Large-area radiator with electric fan maintains operating temperatures at the proper level
- Rigid yet lightweight diamond frame of large-diameter thin-walled tubes contributes to responsive handling performance
- Engine is mounted as a stressed member for high chassis rigidity
- Detachable top engine mount makes tune-ups easier
- Steering head uses caged ball bearings for light steering qualities
Adjustable Rear Shock
- Rear shock settings match the rigid chassis
- UNI-TRAK® bottom link rear suspension features a nitrogen gas-charged shock
- Shock equipped with spring preload and rebound damping adjustments
Lightweight Disc Brakes
- Dual front, semi-floating 300mm discs are gripped by lightweight four-piston calipers, providing impressive braking performance
- Rear brake caliper holder designed for low weight; mounts directly to swingarm
Wheels and Tires
- Six-spoke 17-inch wheels are lighter and stronger than previous three-spoke designs, and further reduce the Z750S’s overall dry weight
- 17-inch radial tires deliver excellent traction
- Large diameter front and rear axles are hollow, for high rigidity and low weight
Defining Bodywork and Ergonomics
- Half-cowl accentuates the bike’s provocative lines
- Seat cowl with LED taillight and swingarm-mounted inner fender give an aggressive, sporty image
- Sleek fuel tank constructed of galvanized steel to resist corrosion
- Seating position is very comfortable and allows the rider to mold to the machine
- Dual, multi-deflector halogen headlights enhance front-end appearance
High-tech Instrument Panel
- Lightweight, compact instrument cluster features a radial-type tachometer and digital LCD speedometer
- Cluster includes digital temperature gauge, clock, tripmeter, fuel gauge and a comprehensive range of indicator lamps
- Optional tandem seat cover adds to the angular, sculpted lines
- Tamper-resistant ignition switch
- Forged side stand is strong and tucks out of the way for ample cornering clearance
- Seat utilizes special low-slip surface material for high comfort