The new flagship.
From legendary machines like the Z1 and GPZ900R to modern hyper-bikes like the ZZ-R1100, Kawasaki’s flagship machines have set the performance standards that others have followed. This tradition continues with the incredible new ZZR1400, a machine which delivers as yet unheard of levels of performance and excitement.
The Aura of Power.
Powered by an all-new engine force-fed with Ram Air and fuel injection, the ZZR1400. churns out unheard of levels of thrust. Yet in spite of the incredible performance of Kawasaki’s most powerful power plant ever, careful engine tuning allows almost anyone to enjoy the bike’s softer, more rider-friendly side.
Next Generation Aluminium Monocoque Frame.
Impressive as the ZZR’s engine performance is, it is the lightweight handling qualities. Never has a "big bike" offered such responsive handling. The secret? Kawasaki’s next generation aluminium monocoque frame, that gives the bike both responsive handling qualities and incredible highway stability.
As befits its flagship status, the ZZR offers an advanced aerodynamics package and an avant-garde design, including quadruple projector beam headlights . The central Ram Air duct like that of the Ninja supersport bikes gives the ZZR a consistent Kawasaki face.
Despite its long and low appearance, the ZZR offers a very relaxed sport riding position. Compact without being cramped, the bars are positioned so that riders do not have to stretch to reach them. Low-set footpegs give ample legroom.
Radial Clutch Master Cylinder
enlarge imageHydraulically operated clutch features a radial-mount clutch master cylinder for worry-free, silky smooth clutch operation.
enlarge imageInverted 43 mm cartridge fork and New Uni-Trak linkage rear suspension complement the highly rigid frame, offering both great controllability at high speeds and superb road holding ability when sport riding in the hills
Ergonomics & Aerodynamics
enlarge imageDespite its long and low appearance, the ZZR offers a very relaxed sport riding position. Compact without being cramped, the bars are positioned so that riders do not have to stretch to reach them. The low seat height and narrow seat front make it easy to reach the ground when stopped at lights.
enlarge imageNestled in the canopy is an instrument cluster with dual analogue speedometer and tachometer. White faces make them easy to read. Multi-function LCD digital display includes a fuel gauge, gear position indicator, dual trip meters, odometer and clock.
Model Year 2006
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, 4-Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head
- Displacement: 1352 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 84.0 x 61.0 mm
- Maximum Torque: 113.5 lb-ft @ 7500rpm
- Horsepower: 187 bhp @ 9500 rpm + 197 bhp Ram Air @ 9500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel Injection: DFI with Mikuni 44mm Throttle Bodies (4)
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: X-Ring Chain
- Rake/Trail: 23 degree / 94 mm
- Front Wheel Travel: 4.6 in
- Rear Wheel Travel: 4.8 in
- Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR17
- Wheelbase: 57.5 in
- Front Suspension: 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork with Adjustable
Preload, Stepless Rebound and Compression Damping
- Rear Suspension: Uni-Trak with Adjustable Preload, Stepless
Rebound and Compression Damping, Ride Height
- Front Brake Type: Dual Floating Petal Discs with 4-Piston Calipers
- Rear Brake Type: Single Petal Disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.8 gal
- Seat Height: 31.5 in
- Dry Weight: 474 lbs.
- Color: Passion Red, Ebony, Candy Thunder Blue
- Warranty: 12 months