Thanks to is rugged and unstoppable character, the Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i has managed to conquer a lot of fans and many consider it one of the most capable ATVs in its class. Its workhorse capabilities and independent front and rear suspension combine to ably handle work and play.
The ATV is propelled by a four-stroke, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve engine which has a displacement of 633cc. The engine offers a hefty pulling power of 1,250 pounds and can carry a combined 264 pounds on its front and rear racks.
The stopping power is offered by a smart combination of dual 200mm front discs and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. Enhancing the high-performance brakes is the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control system, which electronically monitors ground speed and uses the engine’s compression to help slow the Brute Force 650 4x4i under certain conditions.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4X4i.
Its 633cc 90-degree V-twin engine pumps out plenty of low-to-mid range torque and high rpm power, exactly what adventure enthusiasts and outdoor sportsmen demand. A fully automatic, dual-range continuously variable transmission transmits power to the ground. With low and high forward, reverse and neutral gears, this sturdy transmission supplies excellent control for both low- and high-speed riding. Two- or four-wheel drive is selectable by simply pressing a handlebar-mounted button. In four-wheel drive mode, the rider can manage the amount of power to both front wheels with Kawasaki’s Variable Front Differential Control by pulling a small control lever on the left handlebar. This is a definite advantage for traversing deep mud, slippery uphill trails or large objects such as logs or rocks. Prudent use of aluminum in the construction of the front exhaust pipe cover, two-piece center exhaust pipe cover, and the muffler cover helps keep the weight down. Other features designed to enhance the Brute Force 650 4x4i’s power-to-weight ratio include drilled transmission gears to lower their overall weight. An optimized caster angle for the front A-arms provides both light and responsive steering and excellent ground-following abilities. The 650 4x4i shock absorber spring rates and initial preload settings for both front and rear are set to deliver excellent ride comfort. Further ride enhancement comes from the plush urethane seat foam. Like its Independent Rear Suspension-equipped Kawasaki brethren, the rugged, take-on-anything styling of the Brute Force 650 4x4i will both attract onlookers and satisfy owners. It shares front/rear racks, skid plate and head light cover with its larger sibling. Designed to allow easily manhandling of the Brute Force when the need arises, the 650 4x4i sports a steel front bumper.
- 90-degree V-twin with four valves per cylinder produces massive torque yet is exceptionally smooth running
- V-twin design and 80mm x 63mm oversquare bore and stroke help produce high torque with a broad, user-friendly curve
- Durable all-aluminum cylinders with Electrofusion coating help the engine produce more power
- Using aluminum bores instead of cast iron cylinder liners improves heat dispersion and reduces weight
- Large-capacity radiator provides consistent cooling, allowing close engine tolerances, quiet running, and ultimate durability
- The reservoir cooling hose end is positioned to prevent mud clogging
- Thermostatically controlled fan keeps engine cool regardless of vehicle speed
- Twin CVKR-34 carburetors are mounted in a downdraft position, providing the fuel mixture with a straight shot into the combustion chamber for improved efficiency, quicker throttle response and more power
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the ATV under certain conditions
- Double wishbone and coil-over-shock absorbers with adjustable preload provide a comfortable ride with 6.7 inches of suspension travel
- A-arm caster angle provides light steering
- Aluminum steering knuckles are tough and feature added protection for the CV boots
- Constant velocity joints at the front wheels have a wide operating range for durability. The joints can also be independently disassembled to simplify maintenance
- Double wishbone and preload adjustable shock for each rear wheel provides superior ride comfort and ground following ability
- Torsion bar helps minimize body roll
- Trailer hitch bracket with 1,250-pound towing capacity is standard equipment
- Digital speedometer, odometer, twin trip meters, clock, hour meter and fuel gauge are mounted at an optimum angle – and utilize a sun visor – to make them more visible from the upright seating position
- Tire and wheel design provides an integrated look with aggressive bodywork as well as superb traction
- Recoil starter available as an optional part
|Engine||Four-stroke, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||80 x 63mm|
|Carburetion||(2) Keihin CVKR-D32|
|Transmission||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control|
|Final drive||Selectable four-wheel drive with variable front differential control, shaft|
|Frame Type||Double cradle, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Dual A-arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment / 6.7 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Dual A-arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment / 7.9 in.|
|Front Tire Size||AT25x8-12|
|Rear Tire Size||AT25x10-12|
|Front brakes||(2) Dual-piston disc|
|Rear Brakes||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Overall length||86.4 in.|
|Overall width||45.9 in.|
|Overall Height||48.6 in.|
|Ground clearance||9.6 in.|
|Seat height||35.6 in.|
|Lighting, headlights||(2) 40W headlights, 5W taillight, 21W stoplight|
|Total rack capacity||264 lbs.|
|Towing capacity||1,250 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||5.4 gal.|
|Instruments||Digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, clock, hour meter, fuel gauge, 2x4 / 4x4 indicator light, neutral indicator light, reverse indicator light, low fuel warning light, low oil warning light|
|Color Choices||Scout Green, Adventure Blue|
MotorCycle USA----"The Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i has dual 200mm dual front discs and multi-disc rear brake system that will allow you to stop when you want to and with the brakeing system seales you can be sure that the pads will be protected as you make your way through the blackest and wettest mud you can sink your tires into."