The Kawasaki KX85 is effectively the two-wheeled version of the KFX90. Regardless, both vehicles offer plenty of fun, whether you’re riding a motocross bike or an off-road ATV.
The KFX90 ATV is well-suited to the dimensions of those 12 and over, largely thanks to a comfortable set-up that emphasizes looks and comfort for young riders. The KFX90 also has a simple and friendly 89cc four-stroke engine that provides compliant power delivery with a healthy mid-range, all while mated to a continuously variable transmission that eliminates the need for a shift lever. Dual front shocks and a swingarm rear suspension are also part of the ride package, helping make the ride more enjoyable by cushioning the rider against bumps.
Another important feature of the KFX90 is the keyed ignition switch, a set-up that prevents the use of the ATV without the key. This feature is important to parents who value the security of their child’s ATV. There’s also a throttle limiting screw and a CVT transmission speed limited that parents can use to ensure the safety of their kids when they’re riding the KFX90.
For those young kids that have an adventurous bone in their bodies, the Kawasaki KFX90 is an ideal ATV to take for all those thrill-seeking exploits.
Find out more about the Kawasaki KFX90 after the jump.
- Reliable 89cc air-cooled overhead-cam four-stroke engine
- Produces user-friendly power that’s easily managed by entry-level riders
- Electric push-button starting with kick-start backup
- Electrically operated enrichening circuit automatically opens an extra fuel passage during cranking for easy starting
- Equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor
Chassis and Suspension
- Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger KFX models
- Wide stance for stable handling
- Steel chassis for durability
- Full floorboards
- A-arm front suspension with dual shocks
- Swingarm rear suspension
- 3.9 in. ground clearance at the rear axle
- Maxxis tires
- 18 x 7-8 front, 18 x 9-8 rear
- Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
- Chain drive
- Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake for excellent stopping power
- All three brakes are activated by the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation
The KFX90 is also equipped with premium features like electric starting, a single-shock rear suspension, independent A-arm front suspension, and a single rear disc, supplemented by dual front drum brakes.
|Engine||Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||47.0 x 51.8mm|
|Ignition||Solid state CDI|
|Transmission||Continuously Variable Automatic|
|Frame Type||Double cradle, steel|
|Suspension front / wheel travel||Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.|
|Suspension rear / wheel travel||Swingarm with single shock absorber / 2.9 in.|
|Front Tire Size ||AT18x7-8 tubeless|
|Rear Tire Size||AT18x9-8 tubeless|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Dual mechanical drums / Hydraulic disc|
|Overall length||56.1 in.|
|Overall width||35.6 in.|
|Ground clearance||At rear axle – 3.9 in.|
|Track Front/Rear||26.8 / 26.0 in.|
|Fuel capacity||1.5 gal.|
|Curb weight||262 lbs.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
Uniontown Kawasaki----"Parents appreciate quality products that are designed to fit the needs of their growing youth. A wide stance, large tires, and full floorboards allow the KFX90 to offer stable and confidence-inspiring handling traits. Its friendly performance and big-bike styling make the KFX90 ATV a smart choice for riders 12 years and older. At the core of the KFX90 is a reliable and environmentally friendly four-stroke air-cooled engine that provides healthy mid-range performance with an easy-to-use power delivery."