When you a have a kid that has shown an inclination to riding bikes, at some point, they’re going to start clamoring for something with a little more edge than just bells and pedals.
Fortunately, Kawasaki has the KLX110, a bike that was designed to get young ones acclimated to a two-wheeled ride with an engine on it. The KLX110 is not overly complicated; it’s a bike that features plenty of grin-inducing properties, including its confidence-inspiring performance and accessibility to young people and grownups alike.
Inspired with KX-style bodywork, the 2012 KLX110 comes with a design that includes a gas tank, an MX-style seat, side panels, shrouds and fenders, and a comfortable handlebar, all which look as if they came straight off the race winning KX450F.
The KLX110 is also the picture of versatility, thanks in part to an easy-to-ride 111cc four-stroke engine that offers plenty of torque and push-button electric that makes for comfortable riding. To make the KLX110 even more beginner-friendly, it’s equipped with Kawasaki’s automatic centrifugal clutch system, allowing easy no-clutch shifting while a semi-automatic gearbox boasts four speeds to access the KLX’s full spread of torque.
Optimum wheel and chassis control is also another highlight of the KLX110. A single shock offers 4.3" of travel and plenty of bottoming resistance while a beefy, 30mm telescopic fork offering 4.3" of wheel travel tames the bumps up front. Tapered roller bearings at the bottom of the steering stem add durability to what is essentially one of the best value bikes on the market.
Whether you’re a young kid or an elder kid-at-heart, the Kawasaki KLX110 is the right kind of ’fun’ bike for you.
Find out more about the Kawasaki KLX110 after the jump.
- 15 percent more power and torque than pre-2010 models
- Push-button electric starting makes it easier than ever to get rolling, while a reshaped kickstarter is there for back-up
- Starter button and kill switch are located on the left handlebar for easy access
- KACR (Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release) provides easy starting
- KLX’s lay-down engine design provides effective engine cooling and a low center of gravity
- An ignition timing inspection hole allows easy maintenance
- Large choke knob on the 18mm carburetor is easy to operate while wearing gloves
- 30mm telescopic fork with 4.3 inches of travel offers excellent wheel and chassis control
- Tapered roller bearings at the lower steering stem add durability
- Handlebar design fits a wide variety of riders, as does the MX-style seat
- A single rear shock controls the rear wheel through a swingarm with a lower pivot. Optimal spring and damping rates control the rear wheel through 4.3 inches of travel with excellent resistance to bottoming
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires on strong, steel rims provide great off-road traction and durability, and keep seat height low
- Drum-style rear brake offers controllable braking and plenty of feel
- A U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrester comes as standard equipment
- The KLX110 meets California “Green Sticker” requirements, for year-round riding fun
- Four speeds exploit engine power: While the overall top-gear ratio is nearly the same, that extra gear is combined with a shorter final drive ratio to effectively tighten the gaps between each gear, while also widening the available range of operating speeds
- A rugged and reliable centrifugal clutch teaches entry-level riders to shift without the distraction of having to operate a clutch lever
- A shift drum cam groove and positioning spring, along with a smoother cam surface, result in superb shift feel and positive gear engagement
|Engine||Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||53.0 x 50.6mm|
|Transmission||Four-speed with automatic clutch|
|Frame Type||Backbone frame, high-tensile steel|
|Rake/Trail||24.8 degrees / 2.0 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.3 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 4.3 in.|
|Front Tire Size||2.50x14|
|Rear Tire Size||3.00x12|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum|
|Overall length||61.4 in.|
|Overall width||25.6 in.|
|Ground clearance||8.5 in.|
|Seat height||26.8 in.|
|Curb weight||168 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.0 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
motorcycle USA----"No matter if you are young or young at heart the Kawasaki KLX 110 is a blast to ride and will let you feel good about riding it too. With a push button start, you will be off in a flash spending more time riding than fiddling with it. With quality suspension and wheels even the beginners won’t want to get off the bike."