Enjoying the thrills of motocross riding doesn’t have to involve using a high-powered bike. Sometimes, you’re actually better off with a simpler and easier to handle bike like the Kawasaki KLX140 .
As a multi-talented ride that provides a steady flow of power, the KLX140 is the kind of bike that riders of all shapes and sizes will come to enjoy. Whether you’re a novice in the game or a seasoned veteran, the accessibility and usability of the KLX140 is a true hallmark of this compact, straightforward dirt bike.
The KLX boasts of a high-revving, smooth and surprisingly quiet 144cc engine that’s remarkably simple to use, thanks to a manual clutch and a five-speed, close ratio transmission. Combine that with a high-tensile steel perimeter frame covered by KX-like shrouds, a two-tone seat cover, and sharp, aggressive body work, and you have a bike that’s built for any and all occasions. The KLX140 also boasts of a roomy cockpit, overall control layout, and a narrow footpeg/frame relationship – including wide and comfortable footpegs – making it easy for riders to move around without worrying about losing their way.
Handling the suspension duties for the KLX140 is a 33mm telescopic fork featuring custom-tuned spring rate and damping settings. In the back, a UNI-TRAK linkage equipped rear shock featuring 5-way preload adjustability provides a smooth and controlled ride while lightweight RK EXCEL aluminum rims and advanced braking components make for a completely versatile bike. A large 220mm front disc and 27mm twin-piston caliper at the front and 186mm rear disc provide serious stopping power. Both utilize petal shaped rotors, which help clean the brakes and reduce unsprung weight for better wheel control.
Find out more about the Kawasaki KLX140 after the jump.
- Reliable and easy to use lightweight engine is simple to operate and maintain
- Engine revs easily and allows riders to use the engine’s full rpm range up to the rev limiter at 10,500 rpm
- Exhaust pipe is curved to achieve optimum length for good power characteristics
- Quiet muffler is equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrester, meaning the KLX140 can access designated public off-road riding areas
- Oil-moistened air filter is washable, reusable, easily accessed and highly effective in dusty situations
- 33mm telescopic fork has spring rates and damping settings specific to each model
- KLX140 rear shock features 5-way preload adjustability
- More advanced KLX140L rear shock and reservoir can be mounted on the KLX140 for faster riders
- Flat-shaped box-section of frame, long footpegs mounted close to the bikes’ centerline and no kick-start lever combine to offer riders a good grip on the bike and thusly a higher level of machine control
- Footpeg/frame relationship is modeled after the KX models for maximum leg grip
- Handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce vibration transferred to the rider’s hands
- Two-piece upper triple clamp and handle clamp allow easy aftermarket handlebar installation
- Raised pattern on half of the handgrip surface improves rider grip and comfort
- Two-tone seat cover has a slip-resistant top surface for improved grip and smooth sides for excellent rider mobility when standing
|Engine||Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||58.0 x 54.4mm|
|Transmission||Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch|
|Frame Type||High-Tensile steel, box-section perimeter|
|Rake/Trail||27 degrees / 3.3 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||33mm telescopic fork / 7.1 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||UNI-TRAK linkage system and single shock with 5-way preload adjustability / 7.1 in.|
|Front Tire Size||70/100-17|
|Rear Tire Size||90/100-14|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Single 220mm petal disc with a dual-piston caliper / Single 186mm petal disc with single-piston caliper|
|Overall length||71.7 in.|
|Overall width||31.1 in.|
|Overall height||41.3 in.|
|Ground clearance||9.3 in.|
|Seat height||30.7 in.|
|Curb weight||205.0 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.5 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
Infosport Bike----"The KLX140 delivers an ideal combination of size and performance, while the equivalent of great fun for children and adults."