Dirtbikes need not be built on the most expensive of materials. After all, it’s main purpose is to get down and dirty, right?
In essence, that’s what the Kawasaki KLX 140L provides you; a fun and exciting bike that allows kids and adults alike to enjoy the thrills of off-road riding. More specifically, the KLX 140L will appeal greatly to taller riders because it incorporates all of the virtues of the standard 140, including an engine that provides a steady flow of power that new and seasoned riders will enjoy. The 140L model is equipped with a more performance-oriented, reservoir-equipped shock, because it’s popular with a larger, more experienced crowd. The main difference between the 140L and the 140 is that the former features taller wheels - 19" on the front and 16" on the back - as compared to the specs - 17"/14" - of the 140.
Other unique features of the KLX 140L include an internal LED to remind riders when the ignition is on and prevent dead batteries. The KLX 140L also features a powerful 144cc engine that’s both easy to manage via a manual clutch and a five-speed, close ratio transmission. It is also powerful enough to let younger and beginning riders get the hang of shifting and clutch use without having to worry about any sophisticated machinery. The bike’s progressive nature also means half-clutch can be used at extremely low speeds.
The KLX 140L is a bike that’s been built for use at a quicker pace. That’s why it features a rear shock with a piggyback reservoir fully adjustable spring preload, 4-way compression damping and 22-way rebound damping. It also has a 33mm telescopic fork assembly with spring rates and damping settings specific to the 140L, making for a seamless and easy-to-handle bike that kids and adults will come to enjoy.
Find out more about the Kawasaki KLX 140L after the jump.
- Reliable and easy to use lightweight engine is both simple to operate and to maintain
- Engine revs easily and allows riders to use the full rpm range up to the 10,500 rpm rev limiter
- Exhaust pipe is curved to achieve optimum length for good power character
- The quiet muffler is equipped with a USFS approved spark arrester, meaning the KLX140L can access designated public off-road riding areas
- Oil-moistened air-filter is washable, reusable, easily accessed and highly effective in dusty situations
- 31.5” seat height accommodates taller riders
- 33mm telescopic fork assembly has spring rates and damping settings specific to the 140L
- Intended for use at a quicker pace, the KLX140L features a rear shock with a piggyback reservoir fully adjustable spring preload, 4-way compression damping and 22-way rebound damping
- Combination of the flat surface of the frame’s box-section, long footpegs mounted close to the bikes’ centerline and no kick-start lever add up to good grip and a high level of machine control
- Footpeg/frame relationship is modeled after the KX line for maximum leg grip
- Handlebar is rubber-mounted for reduced vibration transferred to the rider’s hands
- Two-piece upper triple clamp and handle clamp foster easy aftermarket handlebar installation
- Raised pattern on half of the grip surface offers more control and comfort
- Two-tone seat cover has a slip-resistant top surface for good grip when seated and smooth sides for excellent rider mobility when standing
|Engine||Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||58.0 x 54.4mm|
|Transmission||Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch|
|Frame Type||High-Tensile steel, box-section perimeter|
|Rake/Trail||27 degrees / 3.8 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||33mm telescopic fork / 7.1 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||UNI-TRAK® linkage system and single shock with piggyback reservoir, fully adjustable preload and 22-way rebound damping / 7.1 in.|
|Front Tire Size||70/100-19|
|Rear Tire Size||90/100-16|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Single 220mm petal disc with a dual-piston caliper / Single 186mm petal disc with single-piston caliper|
|Overall length||74.6 in.|
|Overall width||31.1 in.|
|Overall height||42.3 in.|
|Ground clearance||10.0 in.|
|Seat height||31.5 in.|
|Curb weight||209.4 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.5 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
Total Motorcycle----"Going from minibike to a full-sized machine can sometimes be a tricky transition. And for novices, making that jump can be difficult indeed. But now there’s a motorcycle that bridges the gap nicely – Kawasaki’s KLX™140L. Featuring 19” front and 16” rear wheels fitted to the standard-spec KLX140, the L-model is the ideal machine for more experienced or longer-limbed fans of smaller displacement machines."