Whenever a job calls for some serious ATV action, the Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 is here to save the day. The Mule 4010 4x4 is loaded with great features to help you get to the job site and get things done. It’s not meant to win any design awards, but in terms of all-around versatility, the Mule 4010 4x4 holds a back seat to no one.
Besides its convenient selectable four-wheel drive system, the Mule 4010 4x4 also boasts of a full-sized chassis, reliable digital fuel injection, electric power steering (EPS) system, fully automatic transmission, locking rear differential, and a tilting cargo bed. Pretty cool, right?
Leading things of is a liquid-cooled 617cc V-twin engine that is managed by a digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and is fed by a fuel injection system, compensating for variations in atmospheric pressure, engine, and air temperature. This allows the Mule 4010 to have consistent starts and ultra-precise fuel metering, two traits that only reduces fuel consumption, but also limits unwarranted emissions. The ECU also regulates top engine speed, which means the Mule doesn’t need a mechanical governor.
The Mule’s power is transmitted through a dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive system to a dual-mode rear differential that can be locked to maximize traction or unlocked to improve handling and minimize ground disturbance when negotiating tight turns.
As far as handling is concerned, the Mule 4010 4x4 has a roomy cab that’s surrounded by a large-diameter steel tube frame structure. With its rugged and modern bodywork, coupled with a MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension that provides a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability, the Mule 4010 4x4 is a natural choice compared to other ATVS in the market.
Find out more about the Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 after the jump.
- Four-stroke, 617cc industrial V-twin engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
- Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
- Large-capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
- Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
- MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provides a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Stiffer springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
- Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
- Semi-independent action
- The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
- Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
- Dashboard has dual glove boxes and cupholders for both the driver and passenger
- A horn and 12V DC outlet with 10-amp capacity are featured
- Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
- Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
- Standard equipment hour meter
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin|
|Bore x Stroke||76 x 68mm|
|Fuel System||Digital Fuel Injection|
|Air filter||Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element|
|Oil filter||Automotive-type spin-on canister|
|Electrical||12V DC, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator|
|Transmission||Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, and reverse, 2WD/4WD|
|Final drive||Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-model differential|
|Exhaust||Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.|
|Steering||Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion|
|Brakes||Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed|
|Fuel capacity||6.2 gal.|
|Curb weight||1,408 lbs.|
|Overall length||118.3 in.|
|Overall height||75.8 in.|
|Overall width||62.0 in.|
|Ground clearance||6.9 in.|
|Roll over protective structure (ROPS)||This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement|
|Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH)||46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 /15.6 cu. Ft.|
|Load capacity||1,330 lbs.|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||800 lbs.|
|Towing capacity||1,200 lbs.|
|Turning radius||11.2 ft.|
|Top speed||25 mph, governed|
|Lighting||(2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight|
|Instruments||Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet|
|Color Choices||Dark Royal Red, Woodsman Green|
Motorcycle USA----"The Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 has a liquid-cooled V-twin engine that gets governed by a digital Electronic Control Unit. There is plenty that you can load onto the bed of the Mule and with no trouble you can be in Four Wheel Drive."