- liquid-cooled, three-cylinder diesel engine
- ontinuously variable transmission
- 953 L
Hardworking environments often need an ATV that runs on diesel power. That’s why, for tough situations, Kawasaki is offering the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel. Whatever predicament you find yourself in, the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel has the power and meat to make quick work of just about any task.
Producing substantial torque at low engine rpm, the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel’s liquid-cooled, 953cc three-cylinder diesel engine is matched to a Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS) continuously variable transmission (CVT) that features a high and low range and reverse function. It also helps maintain engine rpm in its most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load, or terrain. All these mechanisms allow the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel to perform under any condition.
Besides its diesel-powered engine and convenient selectable four-wheel drive system, the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel also boasts of a full-sized chassis, reliable digital fuel injection, electric power steering (EPS) system, fully automatic transmission, locking rear differential, and a tilting cargo bed.
The ATV’s durability is further aided by cooling the torque converter with filtered air that’s coursed through a special air cleaner using an easily replaceable filter element and an efficient intake cooling fan to draw sufficient air into the CVT.
The electric power steering (EPS) system that’s been added to the Mule 4010 4x4 also aids in providing a more controlled ride by reducing steering effort at low speeds while also using input from vehicle speed and torque sensors to determine how much assistance is needed from the system’s electric motor. Other standard features of the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel include an hour meter, a horn on the dash, a gauge on the fuel tank, and an intake restriction gauge to indicate when the air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced.
Find out more about the Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel after the jump.
- Liquid-cooled, three-cylinder diesel engine produces incredible torque: 38.3 lb-ft @ 2,800 rpm coupled with exceptional fuel economy
- Perfect for commercial job sites where diesel fuel is readily available
- Exhaust pipe routing allows easy hydraulic lift kit installation
- Overhead valve design maximizes efficiency
- Cast iron block and head provide extreme durability
- MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provides a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
- Semi-independent action
- 2V DC outlet with 10-amp capacity
- The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
- Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
- Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
- Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
- Hour meter, fuel gauge and a horn are standard equipment
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, three-cylinder, overhead valve diesel|
|Bore x Stroke||72 x 78mm|
|Air filter||Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element|
|Oil filter||Automotive-type spin-on canister|
|Ignition||Compression with glow plugs for starting|
|Electrical||12V DC, 52 amp-hour battery, 40 amp alternator|
|Transmission||Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), with reverse, dual range, 2WD/4WD|
|Final drive||Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential|
|Exhaust||Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.|
|Steering||Electric power steering assisted rack-and-pinion|
|Brakes||Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed|
|Fuel capacity||6.4 gal.|
|Curb weight||1,598 lbs.|
|Overall length||118.3 in.|
|Overall width||62.0 in.|
|Overall height||75.8 in.|
|Ground clearance||6.9 in.|
|Roll over protective structure (ROPS)||This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement|
|Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH)||46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft.|
|Load capacity||1,632 lbs.|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||1,100 lbs.|
|Towing capacity||1,200 lbs.|
|Turning radius||11.2 ft.|
|Top speed||25 mph, governed|
|Lighting||(2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight|
|Instruments||Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, speedometer|
|Color Choices||Woodsman Green|
Motorcycle USA----"The Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel is a utility vehicle that is so durable it will not have any issues getting you and the cargo around the field, farm, trails and any terrain you throw at it. With a reliable diesel engine you won’t want to stop."