When the going gets tough, the tough require a four-wheel drive, all-utility vehicle that knows how to get the job done.
That’s what the Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 is all about. It’s the ultimate job site companion, capable of bringing you wherever you need to go without even the slightest hiccup.
True to its practical nature, the Mule 610 4x4 comes with plenty of user-friendly hardware, including automotive-type controls, a gear selector within easy reach on the dashboard, two large cup holders, and a passenger-side glove box and grab handle. It also has bright 35-watt headlights, a 400-pound-capacity tilting cargo bed that features secure, easy to fasten tailgate latches, and a towing capacity of up to 1,100 pounds with an optional Kawasaki trailer hitch installed.
In addition to its all-around practicality, the Mule 610 4x4 also has an impressive powertrain in the form of an air-cooled, single-cylinder 401cc four-stroke engine mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) with an enrichening system that partially opens the throttle during ignition, making for easy engine starts. The whole powertrain can also be started in forward or reverse gear, provided the brake is applied. It also utilizes rear wheel mud flaps to minimize mud and debris clogging the engine area.
The most useful aspect of the Mule 610 4x4 is the selectable four-wheel drive system that makes this vehicle virtually unstoppable, thanks to the high- and low-range forward and reverse gears. Handling is also not a problem for the Mule 610 4x4, thanks to a MacPherson strut front suspension and a rear suspension that’s handled by a unit swing-axle. Handling the braking duties for the utility vehicle are triple-sealed hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels.
Find out more about the Kawasaki Mule 6110 4x4 after the jump.
- Durable and quiet 401cc four-stroke engine
- Modern four-stroke overhead valve design for efficient running and good fuel economy
- Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
- Carburetor settings reduce exhaust emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
- Muffler has USFS-approved spark arrestor
- California models have a check valve on the fuel tank/charcoal canister connector hose to prevent gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Chassis and Suspension
- Self-adjusting, hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power
- Front grille includes space for mounting a 3,000-pound-capacity winch
- Compact, lightweight and easy to transport to the job; easily fits in the bed of a full-sized pickup
- Bench seat is spacious and comfortable for two
- Durable plastic body panels resist dents, while color is molded in for long-lasting good looks
- Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot
- Isolates vibration
- Can handle heavy loads, yet provides comfortable ride even with an empty cargo bed
Dual Mode Deferential
- Locked mode for maximum traction in difficult conditions
- Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance – great for use on grass
|Engine||Four-stroke, air-cooled single|
|Bore x Stroke||82 x 76mm|
|Air filter||Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element|
|Oil filter||Automotive-type spin-on canister|
|Ignition||Magneto and transistor|
|Electrical||12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator|
|Transmission||Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse|
|Final drive||Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential|
|Exhaust||Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor|
|Front Tire Size||24x9-10 tubeless|
|Rear Tire Size||24x11-10 tubeless|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Unit swing axle / 3.1 in.|
|Steering||Rack and pinion|
|Brakes||Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed|
|Fuel capacity||4.1 gal.|
|Dry weight||1,010 lbs.|
|Overall length||108.8 in.|
|Overall width||52.6 in.|
|Overall height||70.9 in.|
|Ground clearance||6.7 in.|
|Roll over protective structure (ROPS)||This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement|
|Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH)||41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 8.08 cu. ft.|
|Load capacity||926 lbs.|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||400 lbs.|
|Towing capacity||1,100 lbs.|
|Turning radius||10.8 ft.|
|Top speed||25 mph, governed|
|Lighting||(2) 35-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight|
|Instruments||Oil light, hour meter|
|Color Choices||Dark Royal Red, Woodsman Green|
Livelifeoutdoors----"The Mule™ 610 4x4 is a standard Mule 600 with a big advantage: selectable four-wheel drive. The added traction of 4WD, combined with the 610 4x4’s go-anywhere personality, make it a true workhorse on the job or at play, and one that costs far less to purchase and own than you’d imagine. An added bonus is the Mule 610 4x4’s easy transportability, as it fits easily into the bed of a full-sized pickup. This versatility and affordability make the 610 4x4 a serious bang-for-the-buck utility machine."