The Kawasaki Mule 610 XC Camo isn’t the kind of ride that’s going to win any design contests. But what it is, though, is a great hunting companion whenever you go out into the wild.
The fact that it comes wrapped in Realtree APG HD camouflage makes it the perfect go-anywhere, do-anything vehicle for hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts. The Mule 610 4x4 XC Realtree APG HD is derived from the Mule 610 4x4 and comes with all the hauling capacity and functionality of the latter.
The utility vehicle’s innovative woodland pattern allows it to melt into the environment, making it the perfect vehicle for hunters all around. Make no mistake, though, the Mule XC Camo is all about working. It has a special black-texture paint applied to its 400-pound capacity; it has an all-steel tilting cargo bed that allows even greater aesthetics and durability; and then it has a 1,100-pound towing capacity, which means you can haul whatever hunting gear you need without having to worry about losing some power. Dual cup holders help keep hunters hydrated while a spacious glove box can carry multiple items, and the front hood pops open to reveal more than 12 gallons worth of storage.
The Mule XC Camo also has a power train that it can be proud of. A durable, 401cc fan-cooled overhead-valve engine mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) feeds power to all four wheels as needed while the simple automotive controls allows it to be a breeze to use. it couldn’t be much easier to operate.
For all of the Mule XC Camo’s lack in aesthetic appeal, it’s all-around utility and usefulness certainly makes up for all of it.
Find out more about the Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC Camo after the jump.
- The Mule’s 401cc four-stroke single is compact, lightweight and extremely durable
- Overhead valve design provides maximum efficiency, and the Mule’s highly evolved carburetor helps provide excellent fuel economy
- Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
- Cab frame air intake draws clean, uncontaminated air for the engine from the top of the cab
- High-mount exhaust system keeps it dry and out of harm’s way
- An oil temperature warning lamp linked to a crankcase sensor helps prevent overheating
Chassis and Suspension
- The front grille includes space for mounting a 3,000-pound capacity winch
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to transport to the job, the Mule fits in the bed of a full-sized pickup
- Durable plastic body panels resist dents, and the Mule 610 4x4 XC’s Super Black finish is molded in for long-lasting good looks
- Long-travel front suspension serves up a comfortable ride, excellent load-carrying capability and excellent terrain ability
- Simple, rugged single A-arm design provides a tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
- Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot which isolates vibration for a smooth ride
- Mule 610 4x4 XC’s long-travel rear end can handle heavy loads, yet provides a comfortable ride with an empty cargo bed
- The front hood opens up to reveal 12.6 gallons of sealed storage space A passenger side glove box is perfect for small item storage
- Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash keep hydration close at hand
|Engine||Four-stroke, fan-cooled single, OHV|
|Bore x Stroke||82 x 76mm|
|Air filter||Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element|
|Oil filter||Automotive-type spin-on canister|
|Ignition||Magneto and transistor|
|Electrical||12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator|
|Transmission||Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse|
|Final drive||Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential|
|Exhaust||Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor|
|Front Tire Size||AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis tubeless|
|Rear Tire Size||AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis tubeless|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Unit swing axle, adjustable shocks / 3.1 in.|
|Steering||Rack and pinion|
|Brakes||Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed|
|Fuel capacity||4.1 gal.|
|Curb weight||1,051 lbs.|
|Overall length||108.5 in.|
|Overall width||52.0 in.|
|Overall height||73.8 in.|
|Ground clearance||8.1 in.|
|Roll over protective structure (ROPS)||This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement|
|Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH)||41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 8.08 cu. ft.|
|Load capacity||926 lbs.|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||400 lbs.|
|Towing capacity||1,100 lbs.|
|Turning radius||11.8 ft. (differential unlocked)|
|Top speed||25 mph, governed|
|Lighting||(2) 35-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight|
|Instruments||Oil light, hour meter|
|Color||Realtree APG HD Camouflage|
Motorcycle USA----"When work turns to play and a hunting excursion with a buddy deep into the wilderness becomes your play of choice, there’s no better choice than a camouflaged 2011 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC Realtree APG HD. Designed for more intense off-roading than a standard Mule, but offering every bit of the hauling capacity and functionality that made the standard Mule 610 4x4 such a legend, the 4x4 XC Realtree melds a camouflage body to the mix for what amounts to the perfect hunting vehicle."