Kawasaki is one of the oldest Japanese motorcycle manufacturers and most of the company’s models were received with great interest by the riders. And there is no wonder why as they had a bullet proof built quality and offered top notch performances as well.
From the original Z-1 to the ZZR1200, Kawasaki’s do-it-all motorcycles combined the power, handling, comfort and aesthetic appeal that repeatedly dominated their categories. The same facts are also true for the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, which is one of the best models in its segment.
The 2012 version delivers a dominating mix of power, handling, looks, technology and rideability. The bike is powered by a four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four, 1,043cc engine which is paired with a six speed gearbox.
For those who want a faultless stopping power, Kawasaki also offers an ABS version of the Ninja 1000 for 2012.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000.
With the Z1000’s impressive engine and chassis package as a starting point, Kawasaki engineers added beautifully swooping bodywork and a handful of brilliant features (including optional ABS this year), all of which combine to make the 2012 Ninja 1000 an amazingly capable all-around sporting machine.
Power comes by way of a highly advanced inline-four – a 1,043cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, 16-valve engine featuring a long-stroke design for instantaneous power, a smooth-shifting six-speed gearbox with ideal ratios, and no-fuss electronic fuel injection for absolutely seamless throttle response – warm or cold. There’s plenty of power, too – way over 100 rear wheel horses.
But this engine’s magic is more about flexible and easy-to-use oomph than simply peak horsepower numbers. This dead-reliable inline-four produces the sort of power that launches you out of corners and away from stops in a way that’ll keep you entertained – and your riding buddies impressed – for years to come. At seemingly every rpm level, the Ninja 1000 engine produces smooth, instant-on thrust many hardcore sportbikes simply can’t match.
Kawasaki’s perfectly calibrated electronic fuel injection helps make this so. The four 38mm Keihin downdraft throttle bodies inject a perfect mix of fuel and air into each combustion chamber with help from an advanced ECU, oval sub-throttles and a cool air intake system that routes fresh air to the airbox via ducts at the front of the bike. A balance shaft driven off the crankshaft keeps the solidly mounted engine operating smoothly, while a beautifully styled 4-into-2-into-2 catalyzer-equipped exhaust system offers a pleasing growl without being overly loud. It’s a perfect engine for a road-going sportbike – smooth, powerful, flexible and blessed with the legendary reliability Kawasakis are known for.
The Ninja is blessed with rideability – an incredible blend of ability on the street and extreme ease of operation. The source of all this two-wheeled goodness is Kawasaki’s own – and now legendary – Z1000 super standard, the engine and chassis platform upon which the Ninja 1000 is based. The Z1000 has earned some of motorcycling’s highest accolades, including the prestigious Motorcycle of the Year "MOTY" award from Motorcyclist magazine and a slot in Cycle World’s Ten Best collection as the "Best Standard" for 2010 and 2011. With guts like that, it’s easy to see where the big Ninja’s impressive chops come from.
- Liquid-cooled inline-four offers true open-class power from idle to redline
- Easily accessible torque offers instant thrust for maximum rider satisfaction
- Bore and stroke dimensions of 77.0 x 56.0mm offer an ideal balance of peak power and low
- and mid-range flexibility
- 38mm Keihin throttle bodies cram the air/fuel mixture directly into combustion chambers via downdraft intakes for maximum power
- Oval sub-throttles help keep the engine slim, and a slim midsection allows an ideal bike/rider interface for maximum comfort and control
- Engine’s rev limiter comes into play “softly,” providing usable overrev character because power doesn’t drop off suddenly at high rpm
- The engine’s relatively low crankshaft position allows a moderately long stroke without adding engine height
- A secondary engine balancer, driven off a gear on the sixth web of the crankshaft, eliminates excess vibration and contributes to rider comfort
- All-new rear suspension design positions the shock unit and linkage above the swingarm where it’s less exposed to exhaust heat and contributes to mass centralization
- Visible from the outside, the horizontal monoshock contributes to the Ninja 1000’s ultra-sporty appearance
- Linkage characteristics are the same as those of a standard Uni-Trak® system: Wheel movement versus shock stroke is the same ratio
- The shock features stepless rebound damping and spring preload adjustability for a custom-tuned ride
- Separate, raised handlebars contribute to the sporty, comfortable riding position; bar stays are mounted to the fork tube tops, which extend above the top clamp
- A thick urethane seat provides a high level of rider and passenger comfort
- Tapered-type grips, like those used on supersport models, offer a more direct feel
- Ninja ZX-10R-style footpegs with knurled surfaces offer secure grip, direct feel and control, and no-nonsense looks
- The passenger footpeg brackets incorporate convenient luggage hooks
- 1,043cc inline-four with DFI® offers prodigious torque for effortless passing and backroads entertainment
- Lightweight aluminum frame is narrow and tuned to transmit optimal feedback to the rider
- Fully adjustable inverted fork has settings designed for sporty performance and ride quality
- Design of horizontal back-link rear suspension contributes to mass centralization
- Radial-mounted front brake calipers combine with the radial-pump front brake master cylinder to offer superb control and feel
- Sleek, supersport styling gives the Ninja® 1000 a distinctive look
- Relaxed, upright riding position contributes to all-day comfort
- Larger fuel capacity offers substantial range
- Windscreen is adjustable to three positions, allowing for optimum wind and weather protection
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four|
|Bore x Stroke||77.0 x 56.0 mm|
|Fuel System||DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles|
|Ignition||TCBI with digital advance|
|Final Drive||X-ring Chain|
|Rake/Trail||24.5 deg / 4.0 in.|
|Front Tire Size||120/70 ZR17|
|Rear Tire Size||190/55 ZR17|
|Front Suspension / wheel travel||41 mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.|
|Rear Suspension / wheel travel||Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 5.4 in.|
|Front Brakes||Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston calipers|
|Rear Brakes||Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper|
|Fuel Capacity||5.0 gal.|
|Seat Height||32.3 in.|
|Curb Weight||502.7 lbs.|
|Overall length||82.9 in.|
|Overall width||31.1 in.|
|Overall height||48.4 in.|
|Color Choices||Metallic Spark Black / Metallic Flat Micron Gray, Candy Lime Green / Ebony|
Ichinda----"New 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS sports bike is powered by a Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valves, 1043CC engine mated with 6-speed transmission and includes a world class ABS system for your safety."