Kawasaki’s motorcycles have become a benchmark in the industry and with every year that passes, they become better and better.
One of the most appreciated models in Kaswaski’s lineup is the Ninja 1000, a motorcycle that combines power and sporty handling with comfort and modern design. Kawasaki is also offering an ABS version of the Ninja 1000 for 2012. This system offers confidence-inspiring braking action on all types of surfaces.
The motorcycle is propelled by a 1,043cc liquid-cooled inline-four engine mated on a six speed gear box. As far as suspensions go, the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 rides on a front 41 mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping and a rear horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping and adjustable spring preload.
The 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 is available in four color combinations namely Metallic Spark Black, Metallic Flat Micron Gray, Candy Lime Green and Ebony.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000.
With the Z1000’s impressive engine and chassis package as a starting point, Kawasaki engineers added beautifully swooping bodywork and a handful of brilliant features (including optional ABS this year), all of which combine to make the 2012 Ninja 1000 an amazingly capable all-around sporting machine.
Power comes by way of a highly advanced inline-four – a 1,043cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, 16-valve engine featuring a long-stroke design for instantaneous power, a smooth-shifting six-speed gearbox with ideal ratios, and no-fuss electronic fuel injection for absolutely seamless throttle response – warm or cold. There’s plenty of power, too – way over 100 rear wheel horses.
But this engine’s magic is more about flexible and easy-to-use oomph than simply peak horsepower numbers. This dead-reliable inline-four produces the sort of power that launches you out of corners and away from stops in a way that’ll keep you entertained – and your riding buddies impressed – for years to come. At seemingly every rpm level, the Ninja 1000 engine produces smooth, instant-on thrust many hardcore sportbikes simply can’t match.
Kawasaki’s perfectly calibrated electronic fuel injection helps make this so. The four 38mm Keihin downdraft throttle bodies inject a perfect mix of fuel and air into each combustion chamber with help from an advanced ECU, oval sub-throttles and a cool air intake system that routes fresh air to the airbox via ducts at the front of the bike. A balance shaft driven off the crankshaft keeps the solidly mounted engine operating smoothly, while a beautifully styled 4-into-2-into-2 catalyzer-equipped exhaust system offers a pleasing growl without being overly loud. It’s a perfect engine for a road-going sportbike – smooth, powerful, flexible and blessed with the legendary reliability Kawasakis are known for.
- Liquid-cooled inline-four offers true open-class power from idle to redline
- Easily accessible torque offers instant thrust for maximum rider satisfaction
- Bore and stroke dimensions of 77.0 x 56.0mm offer an ideal balance of peak power and low
- and mid-range flexibility
- 38mm Keihin throttle bodies cram the air/fuel mixture directly into combustion chambers via downdraft intakes for maximum power
- Oval sub-throttles help keep the engine slim, and a slim midsection allows an ideal bike/rider interface for maximum comfort and control
- Engine’s rev limiter comes into play “softly,” providing usable overrev character because power doesn’t drop off suddenly at high rpm
- The engine’s relatively low crankshaft position allows a moderately long stroke without adding engine height
- A secondary engine balancer, driven off a gear on the sixth web of the crankshaft, eliminates excess vibration and contributes to rider comfort
- All-new rear suspension design positions the shock unit and linkage above the swingarm where it’s less exposed to exhaust heat and contributes to mass centralization
- Visible from the outside, the horizontal monoshock contributes to the Ninja 1000’s ultra-sporty appearance
- Linkage characteristics are the same as those of a standard Uni-Trak® system: Wheel movement versus shock stroke is the same ratio
- The shock features stepless rebound damping and spring preload adjustability for a custom-tuned ride
- 1,043cc inline-four with DFI® offers prodigious torque for effortless passing and backroads entertainment
- Lightweight aluminum frame is narrow and tuned to transmit optimal feedback to the rider
- Fully adjustable inverted fork has settings designed for sporty performance and ride quality
- Design of horizontal back-link rear suspension contributes to mass centralization
- Radial-mounted front brake calipers combine with the radial-pump front brake master cylinder to offer superb control and feel
- Sleek, supersport styling gives the Ninja® 1000 a distinctive look
- Relaxed, upright riding position contributes to all-day comfort
- Larger fuel capacity offers substantial range
- Windscreen is adjustable to three positions, allowing for optimum wind and weather protection
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four|
|Bore x Stroke||77.0 x 56.0 mm|
|Fuel System||DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles|
|Ignition||TCBI with digital advance|
|Final Drive||X-ring Chain|
|Rake/Trail||24.5 deg / 4.0 in.|
|Front Tire Size||120/70 ZR17|
|Rear Tire Size||190/55 ZR17|
|Front Suspension / wheel travel||41 mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.|
|Rear Suspension / wheel travel||Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 5.4 in.|
|Front Brakes||Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston calipers|
|Rear Brakes||Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper|
|Fuel Capacity||5.0 gal.|
|Seat Height||32.3 in.|
|Curb Weight||502.7 lbs.|
|Overall length||82.9 in.|
|Overall width||31.1 in.|
|Overall height||48.4 in.|
|Color Choices||Metallic Spark Black / Metallic Flat Micron Gray, Candy Lime Green / Ebony|
Power Specs----"In fact, the handlebars on the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 mounted higher to provide comfort when we travel long distances by using the bike."