With a smooth power delivery, a low seat height, and upstanding handling characteristics, the Kawasaki Ninja 250R has everything you’re looking for in a sports bike. It’s not going to wow with anything out-of-this-world, but that’s not what the Ninja 250R is all about.
It’s actually a versatile sports bike that appeals to both novice riders and the more seasoned variety. Aerodynamically speaking, the Ninja 250R is wrapped in a modern aerodynamic fairing and windscreen that not only look great, but also deliver effective wind deflection for a wide range of riding situations. The bike also has an easy-to-read instrument panel with a fuel gauge and neutral indicator, as well as a natural riding position, comfortable ergonomics, and a set of full-size 17" sport bike wheels, all of which make the Ninja 250R a nimble and lightweight sports bike that’s designed to deliver pure pleasure on city streets.
In terms of performance, the Ninja 250R is powered by a compact, 249cc liquid-cooled twin-cylinder engine, that produces crisp throttle power seasoned riders will definitely appreciate. The bike’s extra highway passing power compared to other bikes in the 250 class is unparalleled whereas beginners will love the smooth torque delivery at lower speeds. The engine is mated to a smooth-shifting six-speed transmission that offers the right gear for almost any situation. Together, the efficient engine and transmission allow the Ninja 250R plenty of enjoyment from a wide array of customers.
Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned veteran, the Kawasaki 250R will offer you everything you need in a versatile machine.
Find out more about the Kawasaki Ninja 250R after the jump.
- Compact parallel-twin design offers good mass centralization for superior handling
- Tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power with excellent mid-range and high-rpm power for effective highway performance
- Heavy duty piston rings help prevent oil consumption
- Ample high-rpm performance will please riders who wish to utilize the engine’s full potential
- Sturdy and durable diamond-style frame of thick-walled steel tubing offers confidence-inspiring stability at both high and low speeds
- Beefy swingarm bracket contributes to the frame’s rigidity and helps achieve an optimal balance of chassis stiffness
- Square-tube swingarm with a 60 x 30mm cross section further adds to rigidity 37mm telescopic front fork with firm settings contribute to the Ninja 250’s smooth, stable handling and enhanced ride control
- Uni-Trak® rear suspension helps provide predictable handling and good ride comfort
- Rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload, enabling ride height to be maintained whether riding solo or with a passenger
- 249cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine offers better highway passing power than competing models in the 250 class
- Low 30.5-inch seat height boosts new rider confidence
- Six-speed transmission offers wide selection of ratios to match varied riding conditions and its positive neutral finder makes it much easier to find neutral when stopped
- Genuine Ninja styling matches the larger supersport models
- Petal-shaped disc brakes offer great sportbike looks and excellent braking performance
- 17-inch wheels allow use of modern sportbike tires
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin|
|Bore x stroke||62.0 x 41.2mm|
|Carburetion||Keihin CVK30 x 2|
|Ignition||TCBI with digital advance|
|Final drive||O-ring chain|
|Frame||Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel|
|Rake / trail||26 degrees / 3.2 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Bottom-link Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.|
|Front brake||Single 290mm hydraulic petal disc with two-piston caliper|
|Rear brake||Single 220mm petal disc with two-piston caliper|
|Overall length||82.1 in.|
|Overall width||28.1 in.|
|Overall height||43.7 in.|
|Seat height||30.5 in.|
|Curb weight||374.9 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||4.8 gal.|
|Color choices / special edition||Candy Lime Green, Metallic Spark Black, Passion Red/Metallic Spark Black|
Ultimate MotorCycling----"Vital to the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R’s popularity is the liquid-cooled parallel twin-cylinder engine, which is tuned to delivery smooth torque at lower rpms. This is all hooked to a six-speed transmission, providing proper gearing for either sport-riding or highway speeds."