The Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 LE Camo was built for those who want a complete recreation utility vehicle and the stealth offered by camouflage in the same package. The Japanese RUV is covered with a coating of camouflage paint which helps it merge seamlessly with the environment.
Apart from its camo coating, the Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI offers a perfect mix between performance, comfort and technology. Power comes from a 90-degree V-twin engine which cranks out class-leading power and is able tow a maximum weight of 1,300 lbs. The engine is mounted on a large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame which is rigid yet light.
The driver is surrounded by a tubular cab frame which meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure. Luxury extras that are sure to please even seasoned hunters include a deflector windscreen, protective cab roof and retractable cup holders.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4x4 LE Camo.
Power is key when it comes to a performance RUV like the Teryx LE Camo, and when it comes to power, no other RUV can touch this one’s 749cc 90-degree 8-valve V-twin. Not only is this engine plenty powerful down low and higher in its rev range, its 90-degree configuration gives it perfect primary balance for unmatched smoothness at any rpm—and a great exhaust note that sets the Teryx LE Camo apart from lesser RUVs.
Feeding that impressive engine its cocktail of fuel and air is the Teryx LE Camo’s advanced digital fuel-injection system. The system offers automatic elevation compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting via a sophisticated array of sensors for inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. There’s also an ignition cut-out feature that won’t allow the Teryx Camo to be ridden away when the parking brake is engaged. That new braking system technology complements the Teryx’s CVT Belt Protection System, which automatically retards ignition timing if the system detects engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless (i.e., the belt is slipping) and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp on the dash.
All that electronically enhanced performance is packaged in an advanced chassis narrow enough to navigate most trails (and fit in a standard pickup bed), yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and a great ride. The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. And the upper frame combines cool style and protection with enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
Once comfortably buckled in, the rider can choose 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a switch, and Kawasaki’s super-efficient continuously variable transmission takes it from there, taking you practically anywhere you feel like going. A cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction. And while you’re doing all that, the Camo’s half windshield and cab top shield you from the elements, while its retractable cup holders make it easy to grab a refreshing drink on the go.
Long-travel four-wheel independent suspension, adjustable Kayaba gas-charged shocks at all four corners, a rear stabilizer bar and mid-ship engine placement all work together to tame tough trails, while a high-performance long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design that reduces camber changes offers sharp steering at all times. When it’s time to slow down, dual discs up front and a high-tech sealed oil-bath brake system in back get the job done with power to spare, while Kawasaki Engine Braking Control uses clever electronics to assist with engine braking while driving down hills.
- Teryx’s liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder, fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power
- Oversquare engine dimensions (85 x 66mm) and 4-valve cylinder heads contribute to the Teryx’s superb acceleration and overall power
- The 90-degree V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for low weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Engine can be started in any gear, as long as the brake pedal is depressed
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing down hills
- Mid-ship engine positioning provides optimum front/rear balance and traction
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions
- Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a large cooling fan maximizes cooling capacity in slow going
- An ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on
- Large-diameter hoses maximize coolant flow and overall capacity, and the coolant reserve tank is located under the front cover for easy maintenance
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for performance riding
- Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS)
- Sport-focused suspension is designed for high-performance riding
- Wide track helps provide an excellent ride, but the unit still fits in a standard pickup truck bed
- Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance and strikes a perfect compromise between superb low-cg handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
- Narrow frame design maximizes the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms for excellent road-handling performance and minimal geometry change throughout the suspension’s travel
- Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and taut steering
- Hinged, forward-tilting front hood and headlight assembly offer aggressive styling and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easy maintenance and suspension tuning
- Rigid tilt bed frame is engineered for a high degree of durability
- High-performance, single-chamber, preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel
- Independent rear suspension provides an ideal balance of rider comfort and high-speed handling along with 7.5 inches of sport-tuned wheel travel
- Preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba rear shocks feature piggy-back reservoirs, further reducing the tende
- Making maximum use of its cockpit space, the Teryx RUV provides plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults
- Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts help provide a comfortable ride
- Padded steering wheel is positioned low for sport riding and provides additional driver protection
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin|
|Valve System||SOHC, four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||85 x 66mm|
|Fuel System||2 x Mikuni 34 mm throttle bodies|
|Transmission||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control|
|Final drive||Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft|
|Frame type||Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||Dual A-arm with gas charged shocks with preload adjustment / 7.5 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks with preload adjustment / 7.5 in.|
|Front Tire Size||Maxxis 26x8-12|
|Rear Tire Size||Maxxis 26x10-12|
|Front brakes||Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers|
|Rear Brakes||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Overall length||116.3 in.|
|Overall width||58.5 in.|
|Overall height||79.5 in.|
|Ground clearance||11.6 in.|
|Lighting||(2) 35W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||500 lbs., 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H|
|Towing Capacity||1,300 lbs.|
|Curb weight||1,434.8 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||7.4 gal.|
|Instruments||Multi-function Digital Meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, CVT belt, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators|
|Color Choices||Realtree® APG™ HD®|
Motorcycle USA----"So you’re about to go out into the woods and you don’t want to sacrifice a shot by being obvious and at the same time you want to be able to carry everything in and back out again. So Kawasaki came up with the Teryx 750 FI 4x4 LE Camo edition. With comfort, stealth and reliability, room as well as power all in one, you do not have to sacrifice anything you don’t want to."