There’s no going around what is already considered one of the best bike values on the market today. The Kawasaki Versys is an award-winning bike for a reason. It’s a solidly built multi-purpose ride that will have you searching for more reasons to ride and more roads to explore. Customers can’t get enough of it, and surely, the 2012 model will further strengthen that belief.
The bike’s aggressive styling compliments its dynamic flexibility and strength. Adding to the comfort of the rider are rubber bushings on the rear engine mounts and hollow rubber inserts atop the footpegs that also help to isolate the rider’s feet from engine vibration, resulting in a smoother, more relaxed ride. The Versys also has a carefully designed cockpit that provides a mostly upright, natural seating position and features a stepped seat constructed to provide optimum comfort for both rider and passenger. Last, the Versys has an easy-to-read and informative instrument panel that allows riders to quickly scan the gauges and keep their eyes on the road.
Inside, the heart of the Versys is a 649cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, parallel-twin engine highlights the bike’s light and nimble do-anything characteristics. The torquey twin delivers a deep ribbon of power in the lower and middle parts of its rev range, making the Versys a great commuter and relaxed traveling companion. As far as its handling and suspension features are concerned, the Versys has a long-travel high-tech suspension to go with a Showa rear shock with two-stage damping that firms up progressively as the wheel moves through its stroke, providing an initially plush ride that almost hits to the level of high-end sports bikes.
Find out more about the Kawasaki Versys after the jump.
- The most compact engine in its category helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle
- Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout keeps it short front to back
- A semi-dry sump oil system reduces overall engine height
- The narrow, chrome composite-plated aluminum cylinders help reduce engine width
- Tuned to deliver smooth, responsive power in the low
- to mid-rpm range for exceptional roll-on response – ideal for negotiating city traffic, tight backroads and anything in between
- A 180-degree crankshaft and a balancer shaft produce a remarkably smooth engine
- Oil jets on the connecting rod ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling
- An under-engine muffler with 3-way catalyzer aids mass centralization for light handling and great looks
- A distinctive aluminum gull-wing swingarm controlled by a lay-down single shock complements the distinctive frame design, with an integrated line flowing from steering head to rear hub
- The short, compact frame and engine design allow the swingarm to be longer, which improves overall handling
- The Showa shock has adjustable preload and rebound damping, and uses a free piston and two-stage damping valves for smooth action during initial compression that becomes firmer near the end of the stroke for a more planted feel
- The fairing, stacked dual headlight, front fender and mirrors, and a Z1000-style LED tail light give the Versys a bold high-tech look
- The windscreen provides a large still-air pocket for comfort; three-position adjustability makes it adaptable to fit a variety of riders and climates.
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder parallel twin|
|Bore x Stroke||83.0 x 60.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies|
|Ignition||TCBI with electronic advance|
|Final Drive||O-Ring Chain|
|Frame||Type Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel|
|Rake/Trail||25 degrees/4.3 in.|
|Front Tire Size||120/70-17|
|Rear Tire Size||160/60-17|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Single offset laydown shock with 13-position adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 5.7 in.|
|Front Brakes||Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper|
|Rear Brakes||Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper|
|Fuel Capacity||5.0 gal.|
|Curb Weight||454.2 lbs.|
|Overall Length||83.7 in.|
|Overall Width||33.1 in.|
|Overall Height||52.4 in.|
kawasaki ninja----"Seat design, handle bar size, display and also suspension and forks looks made for serious comfortable riding style, this is the key point from Versys and you can’t found another Kawasaki bike that the comfortable position bike like 2012 Versys species"