- four-stroke, liquid-cooled engine
- 903 L
The Kawasaki Vulcan 900 has been bestowed the designation of ’classic’ for a reason: it draws on styling cues from days when everybody who was anybody had a muscle car, 8-tracks pumped out the tunes, and a low-slung motorcycle turned heads. Essentially, that’s the Vulcan 900 in the modern setting; it’s an all-business bike that certainly doesn’t play around.
The Vulcan 900 Classic definitely gets noticed, especially when its offered with a classic profile, combined with an improved rear-end styling, a low seat height and a tapered front bucket seat that’s easily suited for riders of all shapes and sizes. The Vulcan 900’s design is the personification of comfort, with the front bucket seat flowing nicely into the largest capacity fuel tank in its class, and the lower chassis rails provide a narrow shape for an abbreviated reach to the pavement. The rear pillion pad makes it painless to share the two-wheeled experience whereas the wide handlebars, seat, and floorboard layout offer an ideal ergonomic relationship.
The Vulcan 900 is also a bike that means serious business. It’s powered by a 903cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled engine that offers excellent performance and smooth roll-on acceleration. Its easy-to-control fuel injection makes for ultra-low-speed riding surprisingly easy and comfortable while the abundant low-rpm torque provides thrilling roll-on acceleration, anywhere and anytime. The Vulcan 900 Classic is also equipped with an auto-fast idle system that uses an rpm feedback relay to help ensure a fixed engine speed in all starting conditions.
When it comes to a no-compromise, in-your-face classic cruiser, the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic does not apologize for being one of the best in the market. After all, it’s been blazing trails for years and doesn’t figure to slow down anytime soon.
Find out more about the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic after the jump.
- Tuned to deliver a healthy dose of torque at low rpm
- Smooth and reliable
- Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without excessive vibration
Electronic Fuel Injection
- Dual throttle bodies with sub-throttles provide optimum performance and rideability
- The sub-throttles, located behind the main throttle valve, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system retains more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Fine-atomizing injectors produce a fine fuel mist for better acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
- 903cc liquid-cooled V-twin offers an optimal balance of performance and maneuverability
- Digital fuel injection for precise throttle response and improved fuel economy
- Rider floorboards with heel and toe shifter enhance rider comfort
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is largest in class
- Stylish tank-mounted instrumentation includes fuel gauge
- Fat 180-series rear tire is largest in class
- Efficient and stylish belt drive runs cleaner and requires less maintenance than a chain
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder V-twin|
|Displacement||903cc / 55.1 cu.in.|
|Bore x Stroke||88 x 74.2 mm|
|Maximum Torque||58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm|
|Fuel System||DFI with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies|
|Ignition||TCBI with Electronic Advance|
|Frame||Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Uni-Trak swingarm / 4.1 in.|
|Front Tire Size||130/90-16|
|Rear Tire Size||180/70-15|
|Front Brakes / Rear Brakes||300mm hydraulic disc / 270mm hydraulic disc|
|Fuel Capacity||5.3 gal.|
|Seat Height||26.8 in.|
|Overall Length||97.0 in.|
|Overall Width||39.6 in.|
|Overall Height||41.9 in.|
|Curb Weight||619.6 lbs.|
|Color Choices||Candy Arabian Red Pearl Meteor Gray / Polar White|
InfoSport Bike----"And for those seeking an even more distinctive, the Vulcan 900 Classic Special Edition Badass breathe with a new treatment for 2012 down the fork, fender struts, air cover, engine covers and cases and cylinders and valve covers. A meteorite beautiful Pearl Grey / Polar white paint job is enhanced by a streak of goal. Comprehensive look at the pipes are chrome special edition wheels and white wall, the ultimate in retro style."