Sleek, agile and fast, the Kawasaki KFX450R is a sport ATV designed with adrenaline in mind. It has a tough yet light aluminum frame that plays a major role in keeping the KFX’s handling and traction at impressive levels.
The frame hosts a 449cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single engine which sends its power to the ground through a five-speed (one-down, four-up) manual transmission.
As far as stopping power is concerned the Kawasaki KFX 450R is equipped with a set of capable front and rear disc brakes.
The ride quality is kept in check by Dual-rate front springs paired with Rear shocks.
Other notable features include a spacious seat, ergonomically designed handlebars, two-piece “lapped” front and rear fenders and a detachable front headlight assembly.
The Kawasaki KFX450R is offered with a starting price of $8,299 and comes with a 12 moths warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the Kawasaki KFX450R.
Track-ready Sport ATV Dominates On the Trail
Whether you’re competing for a trophy or just bragging rights with your buddies, the KFX®450R is the sport ATV to put you on top. Its nimble chassis and long A-arm front suspension are complemented by a powerful engine with digital fuel injection (DFI®) and a compact electric starter, for precise throttle response and easy starting.
Featuring a rigid and lightweight aluminum chassis, and a potent powerplant based on the championship winning KX™450F motocrosser, the KFX450R ATV is race ready. A highly responsive 32-bit digital fuel injection system automatically compensates for temperature and altitude. DFI translates the KFX’s four-stroke power into incredible thrust, with great torque in the low- and medium-rpm ranges.
The fast and reliable KFX450R also includes a lightweight reverse gear system integrated with its five-speed manual transmission. The KFX450R’s reverse gear allows riders to quickly and easily extricate themselves from first turn chaos, trail bottlenecks or any other on-track incident, using the normal shift lever, plus a convenient handlebar mounted lock-out lever.
Built to handle tough trail conditions and win races, the KFX450R’s lightweight all-aluminum frame has both incredible stiffness and significant strength. The high-tech chassis also provides a low center of gravity to minimize weight transfer during cornering, for higher corner speeds and race-level handling.
The front suspension design utilizes long lower A-arms mounted to a single box-section lower frame tube, paired with dual-rate front springs for excellent rough-terrain handling. In the rear, an adjustable shock with low- and high-speed compression and rebound damping adjustability is mated to a cast aluminum swingarm that offers the ideal balance of flexibility and rigidity. Regardless of track surfaces or conditions, this race-oriented chassis makes the KFX450R a potent weapon.
The KFX450R is easy to work on, so owners can spend more time in the dirt than in the garage. The two-piece front and rear “lapped” fenders make it easier to customize the size of the fenders or quickly replace damaged sections. Even the headlight assembly is quickly detachable for closed-course races – this ATV looks just as aggressive with or without headlights. These features leave little doubt that the KFX450R was designed to be on the track and winning races as quickly as possible.
Owners can customize their KFX450R using a full line of Genuine Kawasaki Accessories from their local authorized Kawasaki dealer.
At a glance…
- 449cc DOHC engine provides a broad torque curve and optimized power delivery for quick acceleration without excessive wheelspin
- Digital fuel injection promotes crisp engine response
- Lightweight reverse gear system is easy to use, perfect for getting out of tight situations
- Electric starting facilitates quicker stall recovery and lowers rider fatigue
- The aluminum frame’s rigidity enhances stability in corners and allows the suspension to be easily tuned to suit course conditions
- Dual-rate front springs and adjustable rear shock provide excellent rough-terrain handling
- Hydraulic disc brakes offer strong, consistent stopping performance
449cc Liquid-cooled, DOHC, Four-valve, Four-stroke Single
- Lightweight forged piston reduces reciprocating weight
- Triple piston rings and a 21mm diameter piston pin help increase durability and reduce necessary maintenance
- Lightweight titanium valves and aluminum valve spring retainers reduce reciprocating weight and boost high-rpm reliability
- Asymmetrical high-acceleration cams yield high intake efficiency
- Electric starting facilitates quicker stall recovery and lowers rider fatigue
- Large-volume airbox contributes to both intake efficiency and sharp engine response. An air duct fashioned from polyethylene resists deformation caused by intake pulses and helps ensure stable engine performance
- Advanced engine tuning provides a broad torque curve and an optimized power delivery for quick acceleration without excessive wheelspin
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
- 32-bit digital fuel injection system with a 42mm throttle body
- System measures coolant temperature, air intake temperature, air intake pressure, engine speed and throttle position, then automatically delivers the ideal amount of fuel to optimize power delivery
- Crisp engine response is especially advantageous for instant acceleration after landing from jumps
- Promotes trouble-free starting – a great benefit in races with engine off starts
- Fuel injection allows the use of a lighter throttle return spring, which reduces rider fatigue
- Five-speed (one-down, four-up) manual transmission locates reverse below first gear
- Actuating the reverse-lock release lever when in first gear allows rider to shift “down” into reverse
- Compact reverse-lock release lever can be activated with the right thumb, allowing the reverse gear to be engaged while still keeping the front brake lever depressed
- The combined weight of the reverse gear system and the lightweight aluminum chassis is no heavier than a steel frame without reverse
- Highly rigid frame contributes to the KFX’s excellent handling and traction
- The aluminum frame’s high torsional rigidity enhances stability in corners and allows the suspension to be easily set up to suit course conditions
- Designed for high corner speeds, the KFX450R sits low to the ground, helping to reduce weight transfer
- Mounting the battery and coolant tank ahead of the engine lowers the center of gravity, and helps weight the front wheels for increased traction
- Single box-tube lower frame contains the front A-arm attachment points. This narrower design enables the use of longer lower A-arms
Advanced Suspension Design
- Dual-rate front springs deliver progressive suspension travel for excellent rough-terrain handling
- Extra-long lower front A-arms minimize camber variations through the suspension stroke, maximize front wheel traction and boost stability
- Rear shock features both low and high-speed compression adjustability and adjustable rebound damping
- The curved lines and rounded edges of the cast aluminum rear swingarm help disperse stress, which along with its varied wall thicknesses equal a design that is both light and strong
- The swingarm’s high torsional rigidity contributes to excellent rear wheel traction
- The rear axle is tapered for less unsprung weight
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes offer strong, consistent stopping performance
- Petal-type rear brake rotors reduce unsprung weight and help clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance
- Integrated rear parking brake is designed to be easily engaged and released while wearing gloves. When engaged, the parking brake lever also prevents the clutch lever from being actuated
Improved Water Resistance on Wiring Harness
- Resin-molded lead branch points
- PVC cover over the connectors for regulator and TPS
- Longer colgate tube for tail light leads
- Two-tone seat features a smooth top surface for excellent rider mobility and slip-resistant sides for good grip when hanging off in corners
- Seat, tank and side covers are shaped to allow excellent rider mobility and to provide support when hanging off in corners
- Reinforced mounting on rear side of fuel tank
- Tapered Renthal® Fatbar offers both strength and light weight
- Handlebar mount is designed to accommodate other MX-type handlebars, enabling riders to select from numerous after-market styles
- Specially designed rear wheels feature reinforcing plates for the rims. Located on the axle side of the rims, these plates reinforce the rims where strength is most needed while minimizing weight
- Wide front bumper can be gripped with two hands to push/pull the ATV
- Two-piece “lapped” front and rear fenders can be replaced separately in the event they are damaged
- Detachable front headlight assembly can easily be removed for racing
- Optional kick-start system is available for MX-style (GNC) races where light weight is a priority
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||96 x 62.1mm|
|Fuel System||32-bit digital, with 42mm Keihin throttle body|
|Transmission||Five-speed with reverse|
|Final Drive||Two-wheel drive, chain|
|Frame Type||Aluminum double cradle, racing type|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks / 8.5 in.|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Swingarm with piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate spring / 10.0 in.|
|Front Tire Size||AT21x7-10|
|Rear Tire Size||AT20x10-9|
|Front Brakes||Dual 163mm discs with two-piston calipers|
|Rear Brakes||200mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper|
|Overall Length||71.1 in.|
|Overall Width||46.1 in.|
|Overall Height||41.9 in.|
|Seat Height||30.9 in.|
|Ground Clearance||4.3 in.|
|Track Front/Rear||38.3 / 35.4|
|Lighting||Dual removable 30w headlights / LED taillight / brake light|
|Curb Weight||392.5 lb.|
|Fuel Capacity||2.6 gal|
|Foot Rests||Sport-styled serrated foot pegs|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
|Good Times™||Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 Months|