If your kid is as passionate about ATVs as you are, then you can make him a huge surprise and buy one that fits its size.
Among the numerous options available on the market you’ll find the 2013 Kawasaki KFX50 a compact ATV designed for youth riders age six years and older.
This small ATV is propelled by an air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder engine with a displacement of 49.5cc. The engine is brought to life by an electric starter and its power is sent to the wheels through a Continuously Variable Automatic transmission.
The stopping power is handled by a simple braking system that includes two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake. The brakes can be activated using the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation.
The 2013 Kawasaki KFX50 is offered with a starting price of $1,999.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Kawasaki KFX50.
Kid-Sized ATV is Back!
For youth ATV riders age six years and older, proper learning starts with the Kawasaki KFX®50. Featuring a wide 27.6-inch stance, full floorboards and environmentally friendly air-cooled, four-stroke engine, the KFX50 makes a good foundation for young learners, thanks to its intelligent parental control features, easy electric starting, and beginner friendly performance.
An adjustable throttle stop, CVT transmission, speed limiter and lanyard safety switch allow parental control while the rider’s ATV confidence and skill levels increase. Once riders are confident enough to operate the KFX50 on their own, parents can still retain control over its operation, thanks to the keyed ignition which help prevent unauthorized use.
The KFX50 has styling like that of the larger KFX models and boasts features such as electric starting, single-shock swingarm rear suspension, A-arm front suspension, dual front drum and single rear disc brakes. This compact entry-level ATV also incorporates full floorboards, which provide extra comfort and safety for the rider.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Genuine Kawasaki Accessories are available through authorized Kawasaki dealers.
49cc air-cooled, OHC, four-stroke single
- Reliable 49cc air-cooled, overhead-camshaft, four-stroke engine produces user-friendly power
- Electric push-button starting with kick-start backup
- Electrically-operated fuel enrichener automatically opens fuel passage during cranking for easy starting
- Equipped with an USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
- Centrifugal clutch on the transmission allows engine braking under certain conditions for added slowing power
- Chain drive
- Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger KFX models
- Wide stance for stable handling
- Steel chassis for durability
- Full floorboards
- A-arm front suspension
- Swingarm rear suspension
- 3.4 in. ground clearance at the rear axle
- Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake slow things down in a hurry
- All three brakes are activated by the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation
Easy Parental Controls
- Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without a key
- Screw-type throttle limiter and collar in the CVT allow parents to set speed and power limits to suit their youngster’s skill and experience
- Ignition-cutoff tether allows an adult to immediately stop engine operation by pulling the tether line
|Engine||Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||39.0 x 41.4mm|
|Carburetion||Keihin PTE 16|
|Ignition||Solid state CDI|
|Transmission||Continuously Variable Automatic|
|Frame Type||Double cradle, steel|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Swingarm with single shock absorber / 2.9 in.|
|Front Tire Size||AT16x8-7 tubeless|
|Rear Tire Size||AT16x8-7 tubeless|
|Front Brakes||Dual mechanical drums|
|Rear Brakes||Hydraulic disc|
|Overall Length||55.1 in.|
|Overall Width||34.7 in.|
|Overall Height||35.8 in.|
|Seat Height||25.0 in.|
|Ground Clearance||At rear axle – 3.4 in.|
|Track Front/Rear||27.2 / 27.6 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.5 gal.|
|Foot Rests||Full Floor Boards|
|Curb Weight||245 lbs.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
|Good Times™||Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months|