- Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single
- Mikuni PB18
- 111 cc
The Kawasaki KLX 110L was especially designed to be used by the kids who dream of becoming famous dirt racers.
The Kawasaki KLX 110L is technically the taller version of the standard KLX 110. The taller height is given by the longer 2.4 inch fork that offers 5.5 inches of wheel travel and the longer rear shock which offers 5.2 inches of wheel travel.
This 2013 Kawasaki KLX 110L is powered by a four-stroke engine mated on a four speed gearbox. The bike can be started very easy by means of a convenient Push-button electric start, while a reshaped kickstarter is included as a back-up.
The bike’s fuel tank, seat, side panels, shrouds and fenders are borrowed from the race winning KX450F. The Kawasaki KLX 110L can be personalized with Authentic Kawasaki Accessories that are accessible at Kawasaki dealers.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Kawasaki KLX 110L.
Kawasaki KLX 110L
Manual Clutch and Taller Seat Height
If Kawasaki’s popular KLX™ 110 puts smiles on the faces of both children and adults, the KLX 110L widens the grin substantially. Building on the appeal of the smaller KLX110 and its push-button starter, the KLX110L takes a good thing and enhances it even further. Making this particular brand of Kawasaki fun accessible to an even wider range of riders, the L-model incorporates several key features to make it perfect for those slightly larger, slightly more experienced riders.
The L-model is taller than the standard KLX110, due to its 2.4-inch longer fork that has 5.5 inches of travel and a longer shock out back, which offers 5.2 inches of wheel travel. This results in a seat height of 28.7 inches – nearly 2 inches higher than that of the standard KLX110. Naturally, the suspension comes with optimal spring and damping settings, giving those slightly larger riders the ability to push the KLX110L as hard as they choose.
More experienced riders often demand the superior control of a manual clutch, so the KLX110L gets one to complement its four-speed gearbox. This combination lets more aggressive riders wring every drop of performance from the 111cc four-stroke engine. Convenient push-button electric starting helps make the KLX110L easily accessible to a wide range of riders.
The Kawasaki design team outfitted the KLX110L with a fuel tank, seat, side panels, shrouds and fenders that mimic the race winning KX™450F’s. An MX-style seat is part of the package, along with a handlebar shape optimized to provide excellent comfort and control to a wide variety of riders. In other words, this one’s for kids of all ages.
The KLX110L can be customized with Authentic Kawasaki Accessories available at Kawasaki dealers.
At A Glance
- Push-button electric starting
- Manual clutch
- Four-speed manual transmission
- Longer suspension than a standard KLX110
- 28.7” seat height is 1.9” taller than a standard KLX110
- Powerful 111cc engine
- KX-inspired styling
- Roomy ergonomics
Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke 111cc Engine
- All 2013 KLX 110 and 110Ls feature valve timing, free-flowing muffler and ignition system for up to 15 percent more power and torque than pre-2010 KLX110 models
- Push-button electric starting makes it easier than ever to get rolling, while a reshaped kickstarter is included as a back-up
- Starter button and kill switch are located on the left handlebar for easy access
- KACR (Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release) keeps one exhaust valve open for easy starting
- KLX 110L’s compact, lay-down engine design is ideal for engine cooling and a low center of gravity
- An ignition timing inspection hole allows easy maintenance
- Choke knob on the 18mm carburetor is easy to operate with gloves on
Four-speed Manual Transmission
- Four ratios are spaced to help exploit engine power: While the overall top-gear ratio is nearly the same as pre-2010 KLX110s, that extra gear is combined with a short final drive ratio to effectively tighten the gaps between each gear, while also widening the available range of operating speeds
- A manual clutch makes it easier to squeeze maximum performance out of the powerful little engine
- Shift drum cam groove and positioning spring result in optimal shift feel and positive gear engagement under all conditions
Security Features and Parental Controls
- For added security, the KLX110L will only start in neutral
- The engine-off switch is within easy reach on the left handlebar
- A screw-type throttle limiter allows adult supervisors to control kids’ speed while they learn
- 30mm telescopic fork with 5.5 inches of travel is tuned for optimal wheel and chassis control
- Tapered roller bearings in the lower steering stem add durability
- The 110L’s handlebar shape suits a wide variety of rider sizes
- Stiffer spring and damping rates on the longer rear shock help control the rear wheel through 5.2 inches of more firmly damped travel, with greater resistance to bottoming
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires on strong, steel rims provide great off-road traction and durability, and keep seat height low
- Rigid rear brake rod allows excellent braking and pedal feel
Big KX™ Style, Built to Last
- The high-tensile steel backbone frame is strong, lightweight and built to take years of abuse
- Four strategically placed heat shields provide protection from the exhaust pipe
- A 28.7-inch seat height accommodates a broad range of riders
- KX450F-style fuel tank, seat, shrouds, side panels and fenders look fast even sitting still
- KX-style half-waffle grips provide better control and comfort
- A convenient side stand makes life easier
- A USFS-approved spark arrester comes as standard equipment
- The KLX110L meets California “Green Sticker” requirements for year-round riding fun
|Engine||Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||53.0 x 50.6mm|
|Frame Type||Backbone frame, high-tensile steel|
|Rake/Trail||24.2 degrees / 1.9 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.5 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 5.2 in.|
|Front Tire Size||2.50x14|
|Rear Tire Size||3.00x12|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum|
|Overall length||61.4 in.|
|Overall width||25.6 in.|
|Ground clearance||10.4 in.|
|Seat height||28.7 in.|
|Curb weight||168 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.0 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24 or 36 months|