The 2013 Kawasaki KX100 is a compact motocross motorcycle developed for those who are leaving the mini categories for a more advanced segment. The bike was designed to help the riders improve their skills before jumping on a large 250 motorcycle.
At the heart of the Kawasaki KX100 sits a 99cc, two-stroke, liquid cooled engine mated on a six speed transmission.
This compact engine is mounted on a high-tensile, steel perimeter frame that offers a perfect mix between rigidity and lightness. To keep the center of gravity to as low as possible, the motorcycle’s fuel tank is located inside the frame.
The ride quality is kept in leash by front and rear adjustable long-travel suspensions which include a front 36 mm inverted cartridge fork with compression damping adjustment capability and a rear Uni-Trak system with a fully adjustable shock absorber.
Hit the jump for more information on the Kawasaki KX100.
As motocross racers begin to transition from the mini categories into full-sized competition, the KX™100 provides the ride that will both enhance and simplify this often-times difficult move. Engineered to help riders transition as they see both their skills and their physical presence changing, the KX100 lets them focus all of their attention on refining their own capabilities, not the constant need to manhandle an excessively large and powerful 250.
The KX100’s 99cc liquid-cooled two-stroke engine offers both more power and a broader spread of it than the KX85. The 28mm Keihin carburetor and carbon-fiber reed valve assembly help provide a crisp throttle response while the Kawasaki Integrated Power-valve System (KIPS®) helps produce a powerband with good low-end torque and a strong top-end rush. The power then passes onto a smooth-shifting six-speed transmission, giving the KX a gear for every situation on the race track.
The engine is bolted to a black high-tensile steel perimeter frame with a specially designed fuel tank located inside the frame to lower the fuel load and center of gravity for optimal handling. Adjustable long-travel suspension at both ends helps smooth even the roughest motocross circuits. The 36mm inverted cartridge fork has compression damping adjustment capability, while the Uni-Trak® rear suspension system comes equipped with a shock that’s fully adjustable for spring preload, compression and rebound damping. In the braking department, both front and rear discs are mounted with shoulder bolts for easier maintenance.
The KX100 also features aggressive Kawasaki graphics to match its black frame and wheels, just like its larger KX siblings.
Those who race their KX100 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. For over 30 years, Team Green has provided regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 yearly events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place well at designated events.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
- 99cc two-stroke engine is liquid cooled to help assure even running temperatures, consistent power output and greater reliability
- Kawasaki Integrated Power-valve System varies exhaust port height, helping to produce a broad powerband with more low-end torque while retaining excellent top-end power
- Six-speed transmission offers positive shifting action and rugged durability; hard chrome-finished shift forks resist wear and seizure
- Clutch uses 119mm-diameter plates for good feel and durability
- Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for more rigidity
- Uni-Trak® rear suspension features a shock with adjustable compression, rebound damping and spring preload, while the 36mm inverted cartridge fork has 18-way adjustable compression damping
- Industry-leading amateur racer support through Team Green™
- Liquid-cooled, 99cc, Two-stroke Engine
- Clutch cover is separate from the water pump cover for quick servicing
- Liquid-cooling helps to maintain reliability, even-running temperatures and consistent power output
- Bridges between intake and exhaust ports are machine-finished for increased durability
- Rotor utilizes rare-earth magnets – the unitized piece is small, light and more efficient; low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
- Connecting rod big-end bearing has a more rigid cage for improved durability
- Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into the crankcase chamber
- Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
- Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve sealing
- Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®)
- KIPS system varies exhaust port height for increased horsepower and torque at all rpm
- Produces a broad powerband with more low-end torque while retaining excellent top-end power
- Breather in KIPS cover improves high-rpm and overrun performance
- 28mm Keihin Carburetor
- Crescent slide carburetor puts the needle closer to the intake ports for optimum throttle response
- Adjustable for various conditions
- Clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
- Large clutch plates measure 119mm in diameter for added durability and control
- Clutch-release lever ratio provides light clutch lever action
- Thick clutch basket housing improves durability
- Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes a metal-carbon composite gasket
- Fifth and sixth gears ride on bushings for added reliability
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability
- Allows the engine’s full potential to be realized
- Oil level window allows easy level check
- Hard chrome-finished shift forks resist wear and seizure
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
- Wide, steel footpegs for better control and added strength
- Thick footpeg brackets withstand today’s rigorous tracks
- Engine and chassis bolts feature rust-resistant coating
- Positioned low in the frame to lower center of gravity and improve handling
- Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
- Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for more rigidity and control
- Swingarm incorporates cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections for easy chain adjustments
- Flanged collars at the bearings to protect seals from mud
- Fully adjustable shock with compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload adjustability
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
- Aluminum upper tubes are 49.5mm in diameter for excellent control and steering response
- Compression damping is 18-way adjustable
- Disc Brakes
- Front brake lever shape offers better feel
- Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation
Lightweight Aluminum Rims
- Rear hub features two wheel bearings on the drive side for durability
- Thick spokes are used in the front and rear for strength, and require less adjustment
- Lightweight aluminum rims
- Aggressive Kawasaki graphics compliment its black frame and wheels, just like the larger KX models
- Silver clutch and ignition covers resist the signs of boot rub to help keep the KX looking fresh, longer
|Engine||Two-stroke single with KIPS®|
|Bore x Stroke||52.5 x 45.8mm|
|Induction||Two-petal reed valve|
|Compression ratio||9.6:1 (low speed) - 8.8:1 (high speed)|
|Frame Type||High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member|
|Rake/Trail||27 degrees / 4.1 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Uni-Trak® single shock system with 4-way compression and 18-way rebound damping plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in.|
|Front Tire Size||70/100x19|
|Rear Tire Size||90/100x16|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Hydraulic disc / Disc|
|Overall length||75.2 in.|
|Overall width||28.9 in.|
|Overall height||43.5 in.|
|Ground clearance||15.0 in.|
|Seat height||34.3 in.|
|Curb weight||156.5 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.5 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|