- Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, three-cylinder, overhead valve diesel
- Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), with reverse, dual range, 2WD/4WD
- 953 L
- Top Speed:
- 25 mph
The Kawasaki Mule 4010 received a series of upgrades for 2013. The most important upgrade is represented by the new strong tubular steel front brush guard designed to the nose from various impacts.
The Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel also comes with a new dash-mounted button that eliminates unintended honking while turning, a new steering wheel and a new 2” hitch receiver hitch allows towing of up to 1,200 lbs.
Power comes from a 953 cc three-cylinder engine mated on an automatic transmission and electric power steering. The vehicle also comes with a selectable four-wheel drive, electric power steering and a locking rear differential.
The chassis includes a ladder-type frame combined with DeDion-type rear leaf-spring suspension and front MacPherson struts.
The vehicle sits on 23 inch low pressure tires which are combined with four hydraulically operated, self-adjusting, sealed drum brakes.
Hit the jump for more information on the Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel.
Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel
Dependable Strength You Can Count On
If you need straightforward reliability in a vehicle that was designed by some of the finest heavy-duty engineers in the world, then you need a Diesel Mule side x side! In its purest form, that means a 2013 Kawasaki Mule™ 4010 4x4 Diesel. No other utility vehicle on this planet can match a Mule’s combination of strong Kawasaki engineering, ease of use and long term dependability.
For 2013, a new strong tubular steel front brush guard improves durability and helps protect the nose from trail debris and minor impacts. Other new features include a new easy to read digital fuel gauge and hour meter, a new dash-mounted horn button that eliminates unintended honking while turning, a new sport-style steering wheel that’s 33% thicker and covered in softer material for enhanced comfort, and a new 2” hitch receiver hitch allows towing of up to 1,200 lbs.
With its torquey three-cylinder engine that offers excellent fuel economy, easy-to-use automatic transmission and electric power steering, the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel is bound to boost your productivity. Plus, the selectable four-wheel drive and a locking rear differential help maximize traction in mud, gravel and hilly environs, while a tilting cargo bed makes unloading a simple affair.
Producing substantial torque at low engine rpm, the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel’s liquid-cooled, 953cc three-cylinder diesel engine is matched to a Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that features a high and low range, reverse, and helps maintain engine rpm in its most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load or terrain. It also yields a wide drive ratio spread for ample pulling power and quick acceleration.
Large torque converters maximize belt engagement area for optimal heat dissipation, strength and durability. Wear is reduced by the use of a strong and beefy drive belt and sheaves with high silicon-type material. Durability is further aided by cooling the torque converter with filtered air via a special air cleaner that uses an easily replaceable filter element and an efficient intake cooling fan to draw sufficient air into the CVT. A high-flow cover also helps cool the CVT while providing superb splash protection and waterproofing.
This highly reliable drive system uses a dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive to transmit power to a dual-mode rear differential that can be locked to maximize traction, or unlocked to minimize ground disturbance when making tight turns. The operator can also engage four-wheel drive for added traction and pulling power in difficult conditions.
A cyclone-type Donaldson® air filter system with a replaceable paper element supplies the engine with clean air. This efficient design needs less frequent cleaning, even with repeated use in extremely dusty off-road conditions. To help the filter stay clean and last longer, especially in the rugged conditions for which this Kawasaki was built, engine air and converter cooling air are both drawn from the top of the cab frame, where there is less dust.
The electric power steering (EPS) system offers a more controlled ride by reducing steering effort at low speeds and harnessing its electric motor’s inertia to dampen much of the bump steer and kickback associated with front wheel impacts. Offering a significant boost at low speeds and in four-wheel drive, the EPS system uses input from vehicle speed and torque sensors to determine how much assistance is needed from the system’s electric motor.
With the new sport-style steering wheel, the forward/reverse, high/low-range gear lever and the four-wheel drive selector all within easy reach, drivers can focus more attention on negotiating rough or fragile terrain. The operator-friendly Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel’s dashboard also features a new digital fuel gauge and hour meter, new dash-mounted horn button, headlight switch, speedometer, and a 12-volt/10-amp DC outlet. A parking brake and coolant temperature warning light are located in plain view, and dual sealed glove boxes provide maximum convenience.
Maintenance chores are simplified with an air restrictor gauge in the cab to indicate when the air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced, and the fuse box and oil dipstick are conveniently located underneath the seat for quick access.
The Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel features a roomy cab surrounded by an extremely strong large-diameter steel tube Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) that meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5 requirements for wheeled tractors, and also meets the FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement.
With its modern rugged bodywork, this four-wheel drive utility vehicle is completely at home in tough work environments. Its durable, color-molded plastic body panels are manufactured help hide minor scuffs and scratches. The front hood can be opened with the pull of a dash-mounted knob and allows access to a deep storage space equipped with convenient D-rings to help secure cargo. Additionally, two levers make opening and closing the tailgate a secure and easy process.
The Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel’s list of owner-friendly features also includes winch-ready tabs located under the front grille, which greatly simplifies the winch-mounting process.
The Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel chassis includes a ladder-type frame riding on a DeDion-type rear leaf-spring suspension. It is designed to carry heavy loads yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo bed is empty. MacPherson struts handle front suspension duties and provide a good balance of comfort and load capacity. Effective stopping power is provided by four hydraulically operated, self-adjusting, sealed drum brakes designed to resist contamination from water, mud and other debris. Large 23-inch low-pressure tires provide a comfortable ride, great traction and help minimize impact over a variety of terrain.
At a glance
- New strong tubular steel front brush guard improves durability and helps protect the nose from trail debris and minor impacts
- New easy to read digital fuel gauge and hour meter
- New dash-mounted horn button eliminates unintended honking
- New sport-style steering wheel is covered in softer material and 33% thicker than last year’s model for enhanced comfort
- New 2” hitch receiver hitch allows towing of up to 1,200 lbs
- Renowned diesel strength, performance, reliability and economy
- Fully automatic transmission with selectable two
- or four-wheel drive
- Electric power steering system (EPS) provides light response with minimum kickback
- Modern styling with user friendly dashboard and controls
- Extremely strong large-diameter steel Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5 requirements for wheeled tractors, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Liquid-cooled, three-cylinder diesel engine produces incredible torque: 38.3 lb-ft @ 2,800 rpm coupled with exceptional fuel economy
- Perfect for commercial job sites where diesel fuel is readily available
- Exhaust pipe routing allows easy hydraulic lift kit installation
- Overhead valve design maximizes efficiency
- Cast iron block and head provide extreme durability
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
- Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Cyclone-Type Engine Air Cleaner
- Cyclone design is effective and needs less frequent cleaning even in extremely dusty conditions
- Restriction gauge tells when to change the filter
- Donaldson® air cleaner has a replaceable paper element
Cab Frame Air Intake
- Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where there is less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Heavy-Duty Battery and Alternator
- 52 amp-hour battery ensures positive starts, while the high-output, 40-amp alternator keeps the battery charged
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high/low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads or terrain
- The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
- Large drive and driven torque converters maximize engagement area of the unit’s strong drive belt for improved heat dissipation and added durability
- High-flow cover helps cool the CVT while providing superb splash protection and waterproofing
- Sheaves with high silicon type material for increased durability
Torque Converter Air Filter
- Efficient intake cooling fan draws plenty of air into the CVT
- Special air cleaner with easily replaceable filter element cuts torque converter wear by cooling it with filtered air
- Strong bevel gear set and rear axle for increased durability
- Locked mode for maximum traction, unlocked mode to minimize ground disturbance
Limited-Slip Front Differential
- Allows great traction with low steering effort
Four-Wheel Drive with Two-Speed Transfer Case
- Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
- Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions, or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
- The electric motor’s inertia significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels for a more comfortable and controlled ride
- Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s motor
- No power steering pump means no power loss from the engine
- EPS only operates when the engine is running to keep from draining the battery
Independent Strut-Type Front Suspension
- MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provides a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
DeDion Rear Suspension
- Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
- Semi-independent action
Self-Adjusting, Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
- Four wheel drum brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
Front Hood with Storage Tub
- Large underhood storage tub holds cargo out of sight
- Quick and easy access with a push-button latch
- Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
- Steel cargo bed can carry up to 1,100 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
- Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and add durability
Rugged and Capable
- New 2” receiver hitch allows towing of up to 1,200 pounds with optional Kawasaki draw bar
- Durable bodywork features modern styling inspired by heavy-duty trucks
- New strong tubular steel front guard improves durability and helps protect the nose from brush, trail debris and minor impacts
- Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5 requirements for wheeled tractors, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Bench seat can carry up to three people
- Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
- Crankcase oil level dipstick under the seat
- Automotive-type, spin-on oil filter
- Coolant, battery electrolyte level sight gauges
- New digital fuel gauge and hour meter makes it easier to see how much fuel is in the tank
- New dash-mounted horn eliminates unintended honking while turning
- New sport-style steering wheel is 33% thicker than last year’s model
- 12V DC outlet with 10-amp capacity
- The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
- Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
- Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
- Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
Popular Accessory Items
- Soft or Hard Top
- Enclosed Cab
- Cab Heater
- Snow Plow
|Engine|Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, three-cylinder, overhead valve diesel|
|Bore x Stroke|72 x 78mm|
|Air filter|Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element|
|Oil filter|Automotive-type spin-on canister|
|Ignition|Compression with glow plugs for starting|
|Electrical|12V DC, 52 amp-hour battery, 40 amp alternator|
|Transmission|Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), with reverse, dual range, 2WD/4WD|
|Final drive|Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential|
|Exhaust|Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor|
|Front suspension / wheel travel|Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel|Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.|
|Steering|Electric power steering assisted rack-and-pinion|
|Brakes|Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed|
|Fuel capacity|6.4 gal.|
|Curb weight|1,598 lbs.|
|Overall length|118.3 in.|
|Overall width|62.0 in.|
|Overall height|75.8 in.|
|Ground clearance|6.9 in.|
|Roll over protective structure (ROPS)|This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement|
|Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH)|46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft.|
|Load capacity|1,632 lbs.|
|Cargo Bed Capacity|1,100 lbs.|
|Towing capacity|1,200 lbs.|
|Turning radius|11.2 ft.|
|Top speed|25 mph, governed|
|Instruments|Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/brake light, (2) 35-watt sealed-beam headlight, speedometer|
|Color Choices|Dark Royal Red, Scout Green|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan|12, 24, 36 or 48 months|Cyclone-Type Engine Air Cleaner
- Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
- Semi-independent action