The Kawasaki KFX 90 is a compact ATV designed for the beginner riders. It features an ergonomic construction, compact dimensions, and a set of grippy Maxxis, tubeless tires which help it deal well with difficult terrains.
As far as power is concerned, the Kawasaki KFX 90 is equipped with an air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder engine with a displacement of 89cc. The ATV also features electric push-button starting with kick-start backup and a USFS-approved spark arrestor.
The Kawasaki KFX 90’s speed is kept under control by two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake which are activated by handlebar-mounted brake levers.
The ATV has a ground clearance of 3.9 inches and the ride quality is assured by an A-arm front suspension with dual shocks and a swingarm rear suspension.
As far as prices are concerned, the Kawasaki KFX 90 can be yours for no less than $2,749.
Hit the jump for more information on the Kawasaki KFX 90.
Compact Sport ATV Matches Growing Riders of all Skill Levels
For riders age 12 and over who have outgrown their 50cc ATV or are just beginning to enjoy the trails with mom and dad, the 2014 KFX®90 offers the perfect mix of strength and safety. With a fully automatic transmission that is easy to operate and start via an electronic push-button ignition, full suspension and styling inspired by its race-oriented big brother, the KFX90 is the ideal machine to nurture riders’ abilities on the track or in the woods. Family-friendly features including full floorboards to protect riders’ feet and parental controls to limit top speed will keep parents smiling almost as much as their kids.
The amount of power put out by the KFX90’s environmentally friendly four-stroke 89cc engine is optimal for riders’ growing size and skill set. With a wide mid-range powerband delivering plenty of usable torque, dual front shocks and a single-shock rear suspension to make the handling more enjoyable, young riders will find it easier to ride along with the adults. Thanks to the durable continuously variable transmission, the need to shift gears is eliminated for new riders, allowing them more time to focus on honing their riding technique.
Parents can relax in knowing that the KFX90’s ignition switch prevents unauthorized use without the key. Even after parents hand over the key once the homework is done, they can still exercise control over the KFX90’s available performance via the throttle limiting screw and removable CVT speed-limiting collar. Such intelligent features allow the ATV’s maximum speed to be tuned to match a rider’s ability. Perhaps this safety focus is unsurprising, as many Kawasaki engineers are also parents themselves.
2014 Kawasaki KFX 90 Features and Benefits:
A a glance
• User-friendly power for riders with limited experience
• Convenient push-button electric starting with a kick-start backup
• Keyed ignition switch prevents ATV operation without the proper key
• Throttle-limiting screw and removable transmission collar allow parents to help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
• Continuously variable automatic transmission lets new riders focus on learning, not on a shift or clutch lever
• Brakes are activated by handlebar-mounted levers to simplify operation
89cc Air-cooled, SOHC, Four-stroke Single
• Reliable 89cc air-cooled overhead-cam four-stroke engine
• Produces user-friendly power that’s easily managed by entry-level riders
• Electric push-button starting with kick-start backup
• Electrically operated enrichening circuit automatically opens an extra fuel passage during cranking for easy starting
• Equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor
• Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
• Chain drive
• Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger KFX models
• Wide stance for stable handling
• Steel chassis for durability
• Full floorboards help protect feet
• A-arm front suspension with dual shocks
• Swingarm rear suspension
• 3.9 in. ground clearance at the rear axle
• Maxxis tires – 18 x 7-8 front, 18 x 9-8 rear
• Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake for excellent stopping power
• All three brakes are activated by the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation
• Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without a key
• Throttle-limiting screw allows parents to limit throttle opening to help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
• Collar in CVT can easily be removed for increased speed as experience is gained
|Engine Type||Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||47.0 x 51.8mm|
|Carburetion||Mikuni PTE 16|
|Ignition||Solid state CDI|
|Transmission||Continuously Variable Automatic|
|Frame Type||Double cradle, steel|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Swingarm with single shock absorber / 2.9 in.|
|Front Tire Size||AT18x7-8 tubeless|
|Rear Tire Size||AT18x9-8 tubeless|
|Front Brakes||Dual mechanical drums|
|Rear Brakes||Hydraulic disc|
|Overall Length||56.1 in.|
|Overall Width||35.6 in.|
|Ground Clearance||At rear axle – 4.0 in.|
|Track Front/Rear||26.8 / 26.0 in.|
|Curb Weight||262 lbs.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.5 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24, 36 or 48 months|
|Overall Height||36.4 in.|
|Seat Height||25.6 in.|