Kawasaki showed its 2014 KLX 110, a simple, accessible and agile off roader designed for the beginner riders. The motorcycle comes with a handful of nifty features to offer its rider a safe and pleasurable experience.
Featuring a low seat height rated at only 26.8 in. the KLX 110 is a non-intimidating machine that has all it needs to inspire confidence to the young riders being the perfect platform for learning.
As far as power is concerned, the Kawasaki KLX 110 is equipped with a 111cc, four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single engine that breaths through a Mikuni PB18 carburetor. Mated to an easy shifting four-speed transmission with automatic clutch, the power plant offers all the power and torque needed to help you tackle off road trails with ease.
In terms of suspensions the 2014 Kawasaki KLX110 rides on a single shock with 4.3 inches of travel and a beefy, 30mm telescopic fork offering 4.3 inches of wheel.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Kawasaki KLX110.
Simplicity, Reliability and Fun for Kids of All Ages
The Kawasaki KLX110 may be small, but its good-natured, easy-to-ride character and accessible performance are guaranteed to provide maximum fun for off-road enthusiasts from age 8 to adult. With a low 26.8 in. seat height the KLX110 has all the right moves to instill confidence in young or first-time off-roaders. More experienced enthusiasts are sure to be charmed by its capability and versatility, making the KLX110 one off-road motorcycle that will never go out of style.
That’s because the KLX110 is a shining example of performance via simplicity and proven technology. Its push-button electric start epitomizes modern convenience, and with a traditional kick-start lever for backup, letting the good times roll has never been easier! Its 111cc four-stroke delivers smooth, user-friendly torque for exploring the off-road environment, and Kawasaki’s automatic centrifugal clutch system allows for easy gear changes. Its clean throttle response and slick-shifting, four-speed semi-automatic gearbox complement the KLX’s performance character to provide thrills for anyone who refuses to grow up.
Optimum wheel and chassis control is a key factor with any beginner/kids bike, and the KLX110 obliges with quality suspension front and rear. A single shock with 4.3 inches of travel and plenty of bottoming resistance handles things out back, while a beefy, 30mm telescopic fork offering 4.3 inches of wheel travel tames the bumps up front. Tapered roller bearings at the bottom of the steering stem add durability.
And the 2014 KLX110 also carries the bold styling of its championship-winning KX™ cousins. Its 1.0-gallon gas tank, seat, side panels, shrouds and fenders look as if they’re straight off the race-winning KX450F. An MX-style seat enhances the KLX110’s comfort, and its handlebar bend offers a high degree of comfort for a wide variety of riders.
Great looks. Legendary Kawasaki reliability. Push-button starting. And all this in a small, kid- and novice-friendly package. It’s no wonder adults and off-road veterans love riding the little KLX just as much as the kids.
Genuine Kawasaki Accessories to customize the KLX110 can be found at Kawasaki dealers.
At A Glance…
- Push-button electric starting
- Automatic (centrifugal) clutch
- Four-speed semi-automatic transmission
- Super-dependable, torquey 111cc engine
- Low 26.8-inch seat height
Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke 111cc Engine
- Push-button electric starting makes it easy to get rolling, while a kickstarter provides back-up for reliable starting
- Starter button and kill switch are located on the left handlebar for easy access
- KACR (Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release) provides easy starting
- KLX110’s lay-down engine design is perfect for effective engine cooling and helps provide a low center of gravity
- An ignition timing inspection hole allows easy maintenance
- Large choke knob on the 18mm carburetor is easy to operate while wearing gloves
- Four speeds exploit engine power
- A rugged and reliable centrifugal clutch teaches entry-level riders to shift without the distraction of having to operate a clutch lever
- A shift drum cam groove and positioning spring, along with a smooth cam surface, result in superb shift feel and positive gear engagement
Security Features and Parental Controls
- For added security, the KLX110 will only start in neutral
- The engine off switch is within easy reach on the left handlebar
- A screw-type throttle limiter allows adult supervisors to limit kids’ speed while they learn
- 30mm telescopic fork with 4.3 inches of travel offers excellent wheel and chassis control
- Tapered roller bearings at the lower steering stem add durability
- Handlebar design fits a wide variety of riders, as does the MX-style seat
- A single rear shock controls the rear wheel through a swingarm with a lower pivot. Optimal spring and damping rates control the rear wheel through 4.3 inches of travel with excellent resistance to bottoming
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires on strong, steel rims provide great off-road traction and durability, and keep seat height low
- Drum-style rear brake offers smooth braking and plenty of feel
Big KX™ Style, Built to Last
- The high-tensile KLX110 steel backbone frame is strong, lightweight and built to take years of abuse
- Four strategically placed heat shields provide protection from the exhaust pipe
- A low, 26.8-inch seat height accommodates a broad range of riders
- Cool KX450F-style fuel tank, seat, shrouds, side panels and fenders look fast even sitting still
- KX-style half-waffle grips provide excellent control and comfort
- A convenient side stand makes life easier
- A U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrester comes as standard equipment
- The KLX110 meets California “Green Sticker” requirements, for year-round riding fun
|Engine||Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||53.0 x 50.6mm|
|Transmission||Four-speed with automatic clutch|
|Frame Type||Backbone frame, high-tensile steel|
|Rake/Trail||24.8 degrees / 2.0 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.3 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 4.3 in.|
|Front Tire Size||2.50x14|
|Rear Tire Size||3.00x12|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum|
|Overall length||61.4 in.|
|Overall width||25.6 in.|
|Overall height||37.6 in.|
|Ground clearance||8.5 in.|
|Seat height||26.8 in.|
|Curb weight||168 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.0 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24 or 36 months|