- Single cylinder, two-stroke
- 6 gear, claw shifted
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 58 @ 7842
- Torque @ RPM:
- 42 @ 6842
- Carburettor. Keihin PWK 36 S AG
- 293 L
The KTM 300 EXC Six Days was especially designed to compete in the "International Six Days Enduro". This competition is a tough test as it means that the bike needs to withstand the punishment of off-road track for six days in a raw covering over a thousand kilometers. A whole package of high-quality special options makes the 300 EXC fit for this ruthless contest, in which more than half the starters bank on KTM every year.
One of the most important features of the 300 EXC is the latest WP upside-down fork which comes with wider adjustment ranges and a new setting. The sensitive responsiveness and outstanding damping of the open-cartridge fork with 48 mm (1.89 in) outer tubes are a perfect complement for the 300 EXC’s playful handling and precision.
Other modifications include the new wheels with CNC-machined hubs, new black-anodised rims from Giant, black zinc/nickel-coated spokes and ultra-light aluminum nipples.
Hit the jump for more information on the KTM 300 EXC Six Days.
- The understandable technology of the two-stroke engine has indisputable advantages, including a high power/displacement ratio and low weight. In terms of power-to-weight ratio, the 300 EXC is practically unbeatable thanks to the latest facelift. Unrivalled performance and playful handling are the results.
- The responsiveness of the high-torque two-stroke machine can be varied in three stages by replacing springs in the TVC exhaust controller. The rider of the 300 EXC can also choose between two different ignition curves by means of a plug or a handlebar switch fitted as standard.
- Together with the redesigned airbox and flow-optimised intake flange between airbox and carburettor, the new cylinder with low valve timing ensures even better charging with fresh gas. This results in even freer revving and even more power in all rev ranges for the liquid-cooled, two-stroke machine.
New Frame and Suspension
- The completely revamped frame made from high-quality chrome-molybdenum steel is characterised by even greater lateral stiffness. It is also even better at absorbing jolts introduced by the suspension system, whereby the playful handling and comfort of the 300 EXC have been further optimised.
- The 300 EXC’s new, lighter, cast aluminium swingarm accommodates the shock absorber more centrally, in order to load the swing arms more evenly. The new, 7 mm (0.28 in) longer PDS shock absorber with adjustable rebound and high/low-speed compression damping, and a new setting is installed more flatly, so providing even more progression.
The 300 EXC’s new bodywork with the very slim seat and spoiler lines, plus excellent contact points, perfects the bike’s ergonomics, making handling even simpler and more precise. The longer rear fender protects the rider even more effectively from swirled up stones.
Six Days Equipment
- Map select switch on the handlebars for selecting different engine management mappings
- Camel SXS seat for improved long-distance comfort
- Engine guard made of high-strength plastic for protecting engine case and frame down tubes
- Carbon exhaust protector for protecting the exhaust expansion chamber
- CNC-machined, orange-anodised triple clamps for high-precision clamping of the fork tubes in favour of optimum sliding of the telescopic fork
- Knock-out wheel spindle for easier removal of the front wheel
- Full brake disc at the rear for improved heat resistance and therefore reduced pad wear
- Rear brake disc protector for protecting the brake disc from mechanical damage
- Quick-change brake pad securing bolts at the rear for quicker changing of brake pads without tools
- Aluminium rear sprocket with riveted-on steel ring gear for a combination of reduced weight and increased durability
- Wheels with black-anodised, extremely robust Giant rims and spokes with a high-quality, black tin-nickel coating
- The same design as the KTM factory bikes thanks to Six Days graphics, orange powder-coated frame, orange anodised triple clamps, orange anodised handlebars and anthracite anodised silencer
|Design||1-cylinder 2-stroke engine, water-cooled, with reed intake and exhaust control|
|Displacement||293 cm³ (17.88 cu in)|
|Bore||72 mm (2.83 in)|
|Stroke||72 mm (2.83 in)|
|Starting aid||Kickstarter and electric starter|
|Transmission||6 gear, claw shifted|
|Final drive||14:50 (13:50)|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc clutch / hydraulically operated|
|Ignition system||Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment, type Kokusan|
|Frame||Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing|
|Forks||WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA PA|
|Shock absorber||WP Suspension PDS 5018 DCC|
|Suspension travel Front||300 mm (11.81 in)|
|Suspension travel Rear||335 mm (13.19 in)|
|Brake system||Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings|
|Brake discs - diameter Front||260 mm (10.24 in)|
|Brake discs - diameter Rear||220 mm (8.66 in)|
|Chain||5/8 x 1/4"|
|Steering head angle||63.5°|
|Wheel base||1,482±10 mm (58.35±0.39 in)|
|Ground clearance (unloaded)||355 mm (13.98 in)|
|Seat height (unloaded)||960 mm (37.8 in)|
|Total fuel tank capacity approx.||9.5 l (2.51 US gal)|
Unleaded premium fuel, mixed with 2-stroke engine oil (1:60)
|Weight without fuel approx.||104 kg (229 lb.)|
Total Motorcycle----"Sometimes nothing can take the place of engine capacity. Whenever it comes to brutal thrust, then it’s time for the 300 EXC Six Days. Your two-stroke machine is a real torque-wonder with unbelievable power that makes light of the bike’s low weight. Now with even more power and a completely revamped chassis, the 300 EXC Six Days is the ideal partner for the next cross-country or hardcore enduro race."