The Moto Morini Granpasso 1200 is a sporty looking motorcycle designed with agility and lightness in mind. The motorcycle’s backbone is represented by a strong trellis frame which is combined with a similarly strong 120 hp V twin oversquare engine. Among the features offered by the engine you’ll find the innovative base with one-piece central sump, mixed gear-chain drive, 54 mm double throttle body and dual overhead camshaft.
As far as design goes, the 2013 Moto Morini Granpasso 1200 features a dynamic front cowl and twin front separated headlights. You’ll also like the direction indicator lamps which are incorporated into the bodywork.
The 2013 Moto Morini Granpasso 1200 sits on a front Marzocchi Upside Down fork and a rear Öhlins shock absorber which is fully adjustable in all its functions. The bike is kept in check by a set of capable Brembo brakes.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Moto Morini Granpasso 1200.
The Granpasso shows a very determined look, where the trellis frame stands out to highlight the Italian character and the sport nature of this Morini proposal. The bike aesthetics conveys agility and lightness straightaway and it seems to pledge great personality and excellent performance at first sight.
Paraphrasing a concept dear to the past and recent Moto Morini history, we can summarize the style of this bike in the definition of Enduro Veloce. The front view with front cowl, twin front separated headlight and fender, sends out determination and sportiness; similar sensations are conveyed by other stylistic choices, as the one to incorporate direction indicator lamps into the bodywork.
The Granpasso is a versatile and multifunctional motorbike, suitable for cruising, yet with that unmistakable sport imprint that is in the DNA of all Morini bikes.
We go our own way by creating day after day motorbikes that have an engine, heart and passion.
The historical Moto Morini 120 hp V twin oversquare engine, characterised by the innovative base with one-piece central sump, mixed gear-chain drive and dual overhead camshaft. 54 mm double throttle body.
A great engine that makes the Granpasso a highly performing motorbike.
The Granpasso confirms with facts how Moto Morini has succeeded in proposing an extremely easy and intuitive bike, yet incredibly performant. It is now possible to enjoy yourself on any surface.
The frame work is supported by excellent suspensions. They draw advantage from a Marzocchi Upside Down Ø50 stalk for the front section and an Öhlins shock absorber for the rear, fully adjustable in all its functions.
BRAKES are Brembo: Front brake: a Ø18 master cylinder is used in combination with 2 piston floating callipers Ø30/32, which work together with 2 Ø298 Brembo discs . Rear brake: Ø13 brake master cylinder together with a Ø26 2 piston floating calliper and a Ø255 disc.
Electronic management presents a high degree of integration between engine control, by Magneti Marelli, and all the electronic components via CAN bus, allowing the control of all main operating parameters.
- Our oversize windshield assures better protection during long journeys even with bad weather conditions. Its design improves the aerodynamic protection and reduces the effects of turbulence assuring a high level comfort especially in long journeys.
- Our new ATPC technology slipper clutch assures extraordinary performances and a lever 50% load reduction, giving the biker more riding pleasure and more feeling with his motorcycle. It improves the power management system’s efficiency in every situation.
- Designed to give a better look, elegant and practical.
- A racing technical intervention for the maximum reliability in extreme usage that gives the motorcycle a unique racing effect.
- New all black rubber cable ties with Moto Morini logo, practical and exclusive.
- It improves the system’s reliability and the durability by working at lower temperatures.
- Our new spoked rims give the motorcycle a dynamic and elegant look; the most up-to-date technologies have been used to combine glamour and tradition.
- Our new ergonomic and charming designed seats are made of innovative materials that assure both maximum control in strong drives and great comfort in long distances.
|Layout||Longitudinal V 87°|
|Line of combustion||0° Front - 270° Rear|
|Drive||Mixed: gear – silent chain|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Bore x stroke (mm)||107X66|
|Revolutions (relating to power)||8400|
|Revolutions (relating to torque)||7000|
|Injection||Magneti Marelli electronic injection|
|Throttle body diameter (mm)||54|
|Engine revolutions min.||1400|
|Lubrification||Forced, with trochoidal pump and oil radiator|
|Gearbox||Constant grip spoke gear|
|Primary drive||Spoke gear|
|Primary drive||ratio 31/55|
|Clutch||Multi-disc wet slipper clutch (APTC)|
|Exhaust system||Single muffler, 3-way catalyst, lambda probe|
|Overall length (mm)||2200|
|Max width (mm)||930|
|Seat height (mm)||875/830|
|Ground clearance (mm)||200|
|Handlebar height (mm)||1180|
|Front footrest height (mm)||360|
|Rear footrest height (mm)||540|
|Steering angle||32° right/left|
|Weight in running order without fuel (kg)||210|
|Frame||High tensile tubular steel trellis frame|
|Fork offset (mm)||135|
|Fork||Marzocchi UPSIDE DOWN|
|Stalk diameter||50 mm|
|Front wheel travel (mm)||175|
|Rear suspension||Ohlins mono-shock-absorber on the side|
|Rear Wheel Travel (mm)||200|
|Front brake||description 298 mm double-disc, radial mounted mono-bloc callipers, 2 pistons|
|Rear brake description||255 mm mono-disc, 2 pistons floating calliper|
|Front tyre||110/80 R 19 Tubeless|
|Rear tyre||180/55 R 17 Tubeless|
|Rims||By rays with channel in aluminium alloy|
|Front rim size||MT 2,50x19” DOT|
|Rear rim size||MT 5,50x17” DOT|
|Final Drive||Chain, 525 (137ZRP) type|
|Dashboard||Electronic tachometer and multifunction LCD display|