- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor
- 1854 cc
The segment of custom cruisers is now booming and one of the major players in this class is the Star Motorcycle Raider S. The bike comes with a long list of customizable features which give it pretty versatile character.
With its stretched out fork, fat rear tire, low seat and the slammed riding position, the Star Motorcycle Raider S is clearly and eye catcher.
When designing the Raider S, Yamaha’s engineers wanted to create a bike that looks like a regular chopper, but offers superior handling.
To achieve this result, Yamaha forged a unique all aluminium cast frame which is both lightweight and rigid. There is also a Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm and a comfortable low, sculpted seat.
One of the most important features of the bike is its 6-degree yoke angle which plays a major role in giving it a custom look without affecting the handling and straight-line cruisability.
Power comes from an 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin which delivers its max torque at 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Star Motorcycle Raider S
- “S” model gets even more chrome: chrome triple clamps, fork sliders, air box cover, engine covers, headlight housing, handlebar risers, etc.
- A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a Star® Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom raked-out look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
- 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
- Estimated 42 mpg* means this cruiser can go the distance between fill-ups.
- Clutch has light, easy-pull operation — 20% less effort at the lever than before.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life. 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area below the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling.
- Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts torque in the 2500 3500-rpm range.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
Chassis and Suspension
- All-aluminum cast frame is lightweight, rigid and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style. Low, sculpted seat holds the rider in place, and pullback bars reach back to enforce a casual, urban cruising style.
- A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
- Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
- 46mm fork tubes serve a sweet appearance and an excellent ride through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- Flangeless fuel tank carries a full 4.2 gallons of fuel.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
- Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
- Wiring harness uses super-slim wires for compactness, are lighter weight and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider S.
- Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight, and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- 02 sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
|Engine Type||113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 x 118.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Swingarm; 3.5-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 310mm|
|Tires / Front||120/70-21M/C 62H|
|Tires / Rear||210/40-18M/C 73H|
|Seat Height||27.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||730 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|MSRP*||$15,690 (Candy Red) 49 state model September 2012 / CA model October 2012 / $15,690 (Pearl White) 49 state model September 2012 / CA model October 2012|
Totalmotorcycle ---- "Some would like to build their own; some would rather ride. Either way we’ve got you covered. The 113 cubic inch fuel injected V-Twin engine that powers it takes a back seat to no V-Twin when it comes to power and reliability. And the rest of the chopper inspired 2013 Yamaha Raider S is pure Star, designed and engineered by the world’s best bike builders. The "S" model gets even more chrome: chrome triple clamps, fork sliders, air box cover, engine covers, headlight housing, handlebar risers, and more."
Ultimatemotorcycling ---- "This cruising ability is due to a 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle, which gives the Raider S a total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail. This neutral chassis rolls on five-spoke wheels with a 120mm tire up front, and a massive 210mm tire out back."