The Star Motorcycle Road Star Silverado S is packed with a 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48-degree V-twin which cranks out enough torque to keep your adrenaline level high. A computer-controlled fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters and calculates which is the best mix to keep the bike’s performances high at any time.
Power is sent to the rear wheel by means of a smooth-shifting transmission which delivers adequate cruising performance with low rpm at highway speeds. The engine can be started by means of an electric starting system which features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor.
The long 66.5-inch wheelbase not only creates a long and low retro profile, but also gives the bike a better balanced while riding.
The telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless-steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps. Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Star Motorcycle Road Star Silverado S
- The Road Star Silverado S gets a chromed out front end including chrome forks, fork covers, fork clamp, switch housings, and brake/clutch levers as well as stainless steel braided throttle and clutch cables.
- Electronic fuel injection provides easy cold starting and flawless fuel delivery at nearly all altitudes and in nearly any conditions.
- A medium-size adjustable windshield enhances riding experience by keeping wind and weather off the rider.
- Color-matched locking hard sidebags look great and provide ample storage for traveling.
- Touring rider seat and passenger seat with backrest is shaped for roominess and extended long-range comfort.
- Power is not a problem for the long-legged 102-cubic-inch V-twin, and belt final drive passes it to the rear wheel with maximum efficiency.
- Estimated 36 mpg* means this cruiser is in for a long haul between fill-ups.
- The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
- 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48-degree V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
- Computer-controlled fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under nearly all conditions.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance. Ceramic composite cylinder bore plating ensures greater durability and optimal heat dissipation.
- Smooth-shifting transmission delivers outstanding cruising performance with low rpm at highway speeds.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and helps centralize mass by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
- Two-into-two exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
Chassis and Suspension
- Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32-degree rake.
- Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless-steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
- Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
- The Road Star Silverado S comes equipped with 16-inch cast wheels. Tubeless tires are used for a classic, yet sporty look while providing confidence-inspired handling and excellent grip.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
- Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish feature rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- LED taillight and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs for a custom look, great visibility and reduced current draw.
- Full-size floating-type rider and passenger floorboards are roomy and comfortable.
- A two-piece adjustable heel/toe shifter, and braided stainless clutch and throttle cables add even more comfort and style.
- 4.8-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
- Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy underseat helmet holder.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- 12V 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery provides fuss-free, dependable starting. Stainless steel braided throttle and clutch cables.
|Engine Type||102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||97mm x 113mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Ignition TCI:||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, wide-ratio; multiplate wet clutch|
|Frame||Steel; hidden shock|
|Suspension / Front||43mm fork; 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tires / Rear||150/80B16M/C 71H|
|Seat Height||27.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||36 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||773 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|MSRP*||$15,890 (Impact Blue) Available from September 2012|