- This fully loaded luxury touring machine comes with everything serious riders need, including a four-speaker sound system with a Star-branded iPod touch®, a CB radio, intercom system, and AM/FM radio combined with a powerful and smooth V-four engine and front end chrome accents.
- There’s plenty of lockable storage in the form of a 15-gallon trunk and a pair of color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags; that’s 33.6 gallons total.
- Ergonomically designed bucket-type seats with plush, wraparound passenger backrest for unbeatable long-range comfort.
- Industry’s premier rider support package includes a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty and 24-hour roadside assistance program.
- The Royal Star Venture S gets chrome accents to the front end.
- 79 cubic-inch liquid-cooled, V-four tuned to put out class-leading power — 97hp @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque at 89 ft.-lb. @ 4750 rpm — for incomparable touring performance.
- Four heated 32mm Mikuni carburetors with TPS deliver seamless throttle response and greater power across the entire rev range.
- Compact design, dual-intake system enhances performance without sacrificing fuel tank capacity.
- Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for maximum efficiency.
- Single-axis internal counterbalancer reduces engine vibration.
- Wide-ratio, five-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive geared for both highway passing power and lower-rev cruising speeds.
- Low-maintenance hydraulic clutch actuation and strong, low-maintenance shaft drive for touring convenience.
- Four-into-two exhaust system puts out a throaty exhaust note and creates a long, low profile that’s easily customizable.
Chassis and Suspension
- High-integrity, single-backbone frame with solid engine mounting and 29-degree caster angle delivers quick, responsive steering and excellent handling.
- Class-leading long wheelbase (67.1-inches) provides exceptional roomy ergonomics for great rider control and comfort.
- Air-adjustable telescopic front fork designed with 29-degree caster angle and 5.5 inches of travel smoothes out the bumps and adjusts for varying load capacities.
- Air-adjustable link-type rear suspension features a vertically mounted single shock with 4.1 inches of travel for outstanding long-distance ride quality.
- Large-diameter front and rear disc brakes with sintered pads provide strong, linear stopping power.
- Wide, fork-mounted fairing, windshield, wind deflectors and frame-mounted lower cowlings offer outstanding weather protection.
- Full-sized floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce vibration and are positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
- Incomparable fit and finish includes flawless paint with extensive chrome and brushed stainless steel accents as well as deep, valanced steel fenders.
- 6.1-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light ensures outstanding long-distance touring range.
- Large, powerful 12V 60/55-watt remote-adjustable halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and cuts a stylish profile.
- Cigarette type DC accessory connector in fairing plus 2-pin DC accessory connector under the seat.
- Ignition switch with integrated steering lock mounted to front of fuel tank for extra convenience.
- Vintage-style console and instrument panel features: digital speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel tripmeter, clock, fuel gauge, cruise control, TPS self-diagnosis, speed sensor, and neutral, high beam, turn signals and low oil-level indicator lights.
- Electronic cruise control switch located on right handlebar controls for ease of use.
- Handlebar-mounted 40-channel CB radio with dual antenna for CB and AM/FM radio.
- Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette, and intercom is MP3-compatible and headset-ready. The system also includes a Star-branded iPod touch (8GB) with an iSimple SolutionsTM audio interface by AAMP of America.
- Four-speaker (14 watts per channel) system with automatic, speed-regulated volume control to help hear over wind noise.
- Two-way rider/passenger intercom system.
- Huge, 15-gallon rear trunk with easy, one-touch opener can hold two full-faced helmets and includes a lined interior storage pouch.
- Color-matched hard-shell saddlebags each feature handy, one-touch openers and spacious 9.3-gallon storage with interior pouch.
- 12V 18AH maintenance-free battery ensures easy, reliable starting.
|Engine Type||79-cubic-inch (1294cc) liquid-cooled 70° V-four; DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||79mm x 66mm|
|Fuel Delivery||4) 32mm Mikuni® CV carburetors|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, wide-ratio w/5th-gear overdrive; hydraulic clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; air-assist, 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; air-assist, 4.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||150/80-16 71H|
|Tires / Rear||150/90B15M/C 74H|
|Seat Height||29.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||6.1 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||39 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||869 lb|
|Warranty||5 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|MSRP*||$20,590 (Charcoal Silver/Raven) Available from September 2012|
Totalmotorcycle ---- "We’ve added plenty of chrome to create the Royal Star Venture S. It’s got the eye-popping style and the smooth performance of a luxury touring bike, with two very appealing added features: a surprisingly low price tag and a 5-year, unlimited mileage warranty."
Autoevolution ---- "The 2013 Royal Star Venture S is equipped with all the nifty accessories: star-branded iPod Touch linked to a 4-speaker audio system, CB and AM/FM radio and intercom, a 12V DC socket and dual additional 2-pin DC connectors. The lockable storage space is huge, as it should be, so you can fit anything you might need for a long bike vacation."
Ultimatemotorcycling ---- "First the space - the Royal Star Venture S features 33.6 gallons of lockable storage: color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags, and a 15-gallon trunk. These keep everything safe and dry as the riders relax on ergonomically-designed bucket-type seats, the passenger seat featuring a wraparound backrest."