Meet the 2014 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner S, an imposing tourer built using the latest technologies developed by the company.
At the heart of this stylish tourer lies an air-cooled 48° V-Twin; Pushrod OHV, 4 Valves/Cylinder engine with a displacement of 1854cc. It is linked to a 5-Speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch that delivers an average fuel consumption of 43 mpg.
The engine is mounted on an aluminum frame that offers a perfect compromise between light weight and rigidity. You also get a light, Controlled-Fill die-cast swingarm that was carefully forged to keep the motorcycle’s handling performances at a high level without affecting the rider’s comfort.
Other features that are worthy of being mentioned include a sculpted seat, a high tech headlight, classic clock-style instrumentation, leather-covered locking hard sidebags and a quick-removable windshield.
The motorcycle is offered with a base price of $16,990.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner S.
Don’t just ride the road - own it.
WHen you’re ready to travel in big-time style and performance, the alumunium-framed 113-cubic-inch, fuel-injected Stratoliner S is ready to roll. Big time.
2014 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner S Key Features:
- The Stratoliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels.
- A pair of large, leather-covered, locking hard sidebags make the Stratoliner S excellent for long hauls and short trips.
- and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
- -bore downdraft electronic fuel injection provides optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design gives the Stratoliner S a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser.
- A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides.
- Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provides optimum combustion efficiency.
- Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill die-cast swingarm complements the bike’s streamline style and reduces unsprung weight for great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in chrome clamps carries the Stratoliner S’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- Polished 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60- 17 rear for excellent grip.
- Chrome front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power, feel, and great style.
- Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides. Improves long range comfort.
- Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- clock-style instrumentation complement Stratoliner S’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters and odometer.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Leather-covered locking hard sidebags, a quick-removable windshield that locks into place, and a locking, quick-detachable passenger backrest are standard on the Stratoliner S.
- detach easily for cleaning.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100mm x 118mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||46mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||130/70-18M/C 63H|
|Tires / Rear||190/60-17M/C 78H|
|Seat Height||27.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||813 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
The 2014 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner S is without a doubt a pretty desirable tourer. It comes with the company’s famous reliability and bullet proof built quality and it also uses only high end components.
Like any respectable tourer, the Stratoliner S was developed with comfort and versatility in mind, so you won’t have any complains as far as ergonomics are concerned.
The on road performances are at par with the best competitors in this class and chapters like power, ride or handling are pretty well represented in the Stratoliner S.