There is no secret that many of today’s customers’ demand value when it comes to purchasing a new motorcycle. Star Motorcycles is aware of this fact and every product that bears the company’s logo is reliable and well built.
Perhaps it goes without saying that the 2014 Star Motorcycles Raider SCL makes no exception. This tasty motorcycle blends the rugged character of an old school cruiser with today’s design trends forming a juicy mix of styles.
Thanks to its custom features, this limited production Raider comes with a pretty unique personality which is betrayed by the hand painted elements, stainless steel braided lines, blacked-out hardware, genuine leather seat and the unique metal SCL hologram badge which is mounted directly on the fuel tank.
Star’s 1854cc, air-cooled, V-Twin OHV unit powers this custom-looking cruiser and delivers more than enough power to help you deal effortless with the open road.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Star Motorcycles Raider SCL.
Star Custom Line
The Star Motorcycles Custom Line (SCL) is an exclusive, totally custom, limited production Raider for those wanting a truly unique chopper-inspired performance cruiser. Each bike has hand painted elements and Features stainless steel braided lines, custom blacked-out hardware, genuine leather seat and a special metal SCL hologram badge on the top of the fuel tank. Plus all the addictive power and performance of the 113-cubic inch V-twin engine that is second to none in its class.
2014 Star Motorcycles Raider SCL Key Features:
• The limited production Raider SCL is loaded with premium cruiser features. Crafted for riders who value exclusivity, only 500 of these exceptional machines will be built.
• The Raider SCL features newly developed, aggressive, robust, dark Matte Iron paint accented with a Matte Raven color including unique pin striping on the front/rear fenders and headlight. The bike delivers premium quality the discerning rider is looking for. A new blacked-out theme embodies the Raider SCL with black components throughout: oxidized titanium coated fork tubes, push-rod tubes, forks, exhaust, air cleaner box, wheels, meter panel, switch gear, and master cylinders, just to name a few. The 2014 Raider SCL simply stands out from the crowd.
• Great attention to detail was taken into consideration when designing the genuine leather two-tone seat with embroidered SCL logo, and matching beige and red stitching – keeping the discerning cruiser customer in mind. Over time, the seat will develop a character of its own and will be unlike any other. The top panels of the seat have leather grain for 2014.
• An exclusive metal SCL badge with hologram is placed on top of the fuel tank as a constant reminder to its owner that only 500 of these unique machines exist.
2014 Star Motorcycles Raider SCL Features and Benefits:
• 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
• Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
• Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
• Clutch has light, easy-pull operation.
• 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
• Computer-controlled, twin-bore fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
• A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area below the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling.
• Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts
torque in the 2500 3500-rpm range.
• Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
• All-aluminum cast frame is light, rigid, and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style.
• Low, sculpted rider and passenger seat of exclusive, two-toned beige and red stitching set this bike apart while maintaining the Raider’s casual, urban cruising style ergonomics.
• A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
• There’s 120/70-21-inch tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
• 46mm fork tubes serve a sweet appearance and an excellent ride through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
• A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
• The flangeless fuel tank gets two-tone Matte Iron/Matte Raven paint for a rich, high quality look. It carries a full 4.2 gallons of fuel for an excellent cruising range.
• Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
• Stainless steel mesh throttle cables as well as clutch and brake lines give this bike a premium look.
• Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
• Wiring harness uses super-slim wires for compactness and lighter weight, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.
• Left-finger, trigger switch for select odometer, trip meters, operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
• Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider SCL.
• Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
• Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight, and custom amber LED turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• 02 sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 x 118.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Swingarm; 3.5-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 310mm|
|Tires / Front||120/70-21M/C 62H|
|Tires / Rear||210/40-18M/C 73H|
|Seat Height||27.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||750 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.