With its classy appearance, low slung stature and the imposing personality, the 2014 Star Motorcycles Road Star S is a fairly unique cruiser that has a lot to love. You also get a 32 degree rake that gives the entire motorcycle a relaxed stance.
The motorcycle is built on a double-cradle frame that is rigid yet stiff assuring a high level of agility. The frame houses a 102 cubic inch (1670 cc), air cooled 48° V twin, pushrod OHV engine with 4 valves per cylinder. The engine’s power is kept in leash by a 5-Speed, wide-ratio transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
Once on board you are welcomed by a comfy seat, an ergonomically designed handlebar and a ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer.
The 2014 Star Motorcycles Road Star S is offered with a base price of $ 12,990.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Star Motorcycles Road Star S.
Perfect platform for customization
The Road Star S is one of the most customized air-cooled V-twins in the business ... and with good reason, too. It simply looks good, due mostly to the classic appeal of that hardtail-looking steel frame and a II the classic-looking hardware that goes with it. The Road Star S gets even more chrome accents to the front and including chrome switchgear, front brake master cylinder, front fork and levers.
2014 Star Motorcycles 2014 Road Star S Key Features:
• The Road Star S gets a chromed out front end including chrome forks, fork covers, fork clamp, switch housings, and brake/clutch levers as well as stainless steel braided throttle and clutch cables.
• Electronic fuel injection provides easy cold starting and flawless fuel delivery at nearly all altitudes and in nearly any conditions.
• 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) V-twin powered beauty in a long and low hardtail-look frame, with plenty of customization potential built in. Modern engineering and materials, including ceramic-composite cylinder liners for superior heat dissipation.
• Air cooling, hydraulic valve lifters, and belt final drive reduce maintenance requirements to a minimum.
• Estimated 36 mpg* means this cruiser is in for a long haul between fill-ups.
• The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
• 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48-degree V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
• Computer-controlled fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under nearly all conditions.
• Air cooling, hydraulic valve lifters and belt final drive. Reduces maintenance requirements to a minimum.
• Smooth-shifting transmission delivers outstanding cruising performance with low rpm at highway speeds.
• Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and helps centralize mass by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
• Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
• Two-into-two exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
• Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32-degree rake.
• Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort for a great ride.
• Telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless-steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
• Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
• 16-inch cast wheels shod with tubeless tires for a classic look while providing confidence-inspiring handling and excellent grip.
• Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
• Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish mean lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• LED taillight and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs for a custom look, great visibility and reduced current draw.
• Full-size floating-type rider floorboards with replaceable wear pad are roomy and comfortable.
• A two-piece adjustable heel/toe shifter and braided stainless clutch and throttle cables add even more comfort and style.
• 4.8-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
• Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy underseat helmet holder.
• Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
• 12V 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery provides fuss-free, dependable starting.
• Stainless steel braided throttle and clutch cables.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||97mm x 113mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, wide-ratio; multiplate wet clutch|
|Frame||Steel; hidden shock|
|Suspension / Front||43mm fork; 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tires / Rear||150/80B16M/C 71H|
|Seat Height||27.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||36 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||743 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.