The 2014 V Star 1300 is a versatile motorcycle that rewards you with a comfortable and fun riding experience every time you jump on its back.
Designed to turn heads, the Star Motorcycles V Star 1300 is an attractive cruiser wrapped in a modern skin and covered with lots of chrome. You’ll especially like the motorcycle’s 3D tank emblem, the retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation, the bright multireflector headlight and the LED taillight.
The Star Motorcycles V Star 1300 is propelled by an 80 cubic inch (1304 cc), liquid cooled, single overhead cam 60 degree V twin engine with computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection and four valves per cylinder. The engine sends its power to the ground via a 5 speed transmission with multiplate, wet clutch.
The Star Motorcycles V Star 1300 is offered with a base price of $ 11,290.
Hit the jump for more information on the Star Motorcycles V Star 1300.
A Star That’s Just Right.
Not too big and not too small but with a personality all its own. That’s the V Star 1300 with its belt drive, powerful 80-inch V-twin, steel fenders and flangeless fuel tank. Star quality from stem to stern and the looks to turn heads all in a package that is designed to navigate the urban maze in style.
2014 Star Motorcycles V Star 1300 Key Features:
• This midsize Star® brings modern classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
• 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
• Modern-classic design, including a two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 that distinctive Star look.
• Steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
• Authentic cruiser features such as belt drive and steel fenders open up the customization possibilities even further.
• Estimated 42 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding between fill-ups.
• The Star Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
2014 Star Motorcycles V Star 1300 Features and Benefits:
• 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
• Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude.
• Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
• Ceramic composite cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
• 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
• Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
• Smooth-shifting transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
• Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean looks.
• Hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces noise and maintenance.
• Steel cradle frame has four solid engine mounts—including one atop the front cylinder head—for maximum rigidity and excellent handling.
• Stylish, braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are controlled by a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload.
• 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
• The shape of the seat has been designed with a “dish” shape for great comfort, and it allows riders to touch the ground easily.
• Fuel tank carries 4.9 gallons of fuel. Mounting the fuel pump in a separate, tucked-away sub-tank allows the thin tank design.
• Seven-spoke cast wheels and matching rear pulley mount fat, 16-inch tires for a cool period look albeit with big contact patches on the road.
• A pair of 298mm front brake discs provide excellent power and feel.
• Strong, light and low maintenance belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
• Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
• A 3D tank emblem design adorns the V Star 1300 and evokes a modern-classic look.
• The V Star 1300 gets lot of chrome with a chrome headlight housing and chrome belt guard. Plus, there’s a gloss black finish on the frame that adds a high-quality look.
• Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil level, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
• Rider floorboards for comfort and room; heel/toe shifter makes moving through the five-speed gearbox a snap.
• Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• 02 sensor and catalyst reduce emissions.
|Engine Type||80-cubic-inch, Liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 mm x 83.0 mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||41mm Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Tires / Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tires / Rear||170/70B-16M/C 75H|
|Seat Height||27.2 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.9 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||668 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
The V Star 1300 has a lot to love. For the starters it comes with a bullet proof built quality so is reliable to the core.
It also has a pretty flexible character and can be used for both long and short journeys. You also can spicy it up and give it a custom look without any problems thanks to its relatively simple construction.
On the windy roads, the V Star 1300 offers a very enjoyable ride thanks to its smart combination between the double-cradle steel frame, belt drive, and the well-controlled suspension system. You also get first class brakes and a very responsive engine.