Compact and efficient but agile and classy, the 2014 Star Motorcycles V Star 250 is a good choice for those who want to begin their journey in the world of two wheels on a less intimidating bike.
The motorcycle weighs 326 lb and is propelled by an air-cooled, 249cc, 60-degree, V-twin engine that delivers a healthy amount of torque. The engine is fed by a 2.5 gallons fuel tank and delivers a fuel consumption of 78 mpg.
In terms of style, the Star Motorcycles V Star 250 comes with a custom style handlebar, extensive chrome details, a sculpted teardrop fuel tank with a capacity of 2.5-gallon and a fat rear fender. You also get a pair of wire-spoked wheels wrapped in 3.00-18 front and 130/90-15 rear tires.
As far as prices are concerned, the 2014 Star Motorcycles V Star 250 can be yours for no less than $4,340.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Star Motorcycles V Star 250.
The Road to Stardom.
Plenty of torque, smooth roll-on power, lightweight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250 super-nimble and manuverable, and the perfect Star to get started on.
2014 Star Motorcycles V Star 250 Key Features:
• Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250 a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
• Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to detail; this is one sharp little cruiser.
• Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
• The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
• Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
2014 Star Motorcycles V Star 250 Features and Benefits:
• Air-cooled, 249cc, 60-degree V-twin engine with a long, 66mm stroke produces plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power. The only V-twin engine in its class.
• Single 26mm Mikuni® downdraft carburetor ensures optimal fuel/air mixing and delivery with superb throttle response.
• Widely geared five-speed transmission makes the most of V Star 250’s powerband.
• Easy, dependable electric starting.
• Beautiful dual chrome exhaust pipes let the engine breathe and put out that classic V-twin rumble.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance and helps extend engine life.
• 58.7-inch wheelbase creates a long, low package with great handling and maneuverability.
• 282mm single front disc brake and a rear drum brake provide plenty of stopping power.
• Plush and low-stepped saddle keeps the center of gravity low and lets almost everybody flatfoot the pavement.
• Telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel provides a nice, smooth ride.
• Twin rear shocks feature 3.9 inches of travel and adjustable spring preload for versatility under various loads.
• A custom style handlebar gives the V Star 250 a modern look and comfortable riding position.
• Extensive chrome details accent engine and side covers for incomparable “big bike” fit and finish.
• Stylishly sculpted teardrop fuel tank features 2.5-gallon capacity for excellent cruising range.
• Forward-set footpegs enhance rider comfort by creating added legroom.
• Wide rear fender and front and rear wire-spoked wheels add the perfect classic, retro touch to this stylish package.
|Engine Type||15-cubic-inch air-cooled, SOHC 60-degree V-twin, 2 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||49 x 66mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 26mm|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||33mm fork; 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Dual shocks; adjustable preload, 3.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 282mm|
|Brakes / Rear||130mm drum|
|Tires / Front||3.00-18|
|Tires / Rear||130/90-15|
|Seat Height||27.0 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.5 gal / California model 2.4 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||78 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||326 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.