If you love cruisers and you want to start your journey into their world with a middleweight model, then you should take a closer look at the 2014 Star Motorcycles V Star Custom.
This stylish motorcycle features an old school look with spoked wheels, a fat rear tyre and a classic teardrop fuel tank. You also get dual exhausts, a tank-mounted speedometer, custom-looking clear turn signals and lots of chrome.
At the heart of the 2014 Star Motorcycles V Star Custom lies a chromed and polished 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin which can reach the maximum torque at only 3000 rpm. It is paired with a wide-ratio five-speed transmission which is carefully tuned for cruising.
The engine is mounted on a stout, large-diameter steel frame. Needles to say that the frame’s shape was especially chosen to maximize the rider’s comfort.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Star Motorcycles V Star Custom.
The V Star Custom comes with a very manageable seat height, light handling, a 650 V-Twin engine and chrome in all the right places. Looking to get started living the cruiser lifestyle, then hop aboard a V Star.
2014 Star Motorcycles V Star Custom Key Features:
• The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
• Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
• Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
• 27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
• Estimated 49 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
2014 Star Motorcycles V Star Custom Features and Benefits:
• Beautifully chromed and polished 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin cranks out torquey low and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm—maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm—for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
• Forged, lightweight pistons. Greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
• Efficient and quiet shaft drive. Requires almost no maintenance.
• Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation. Offers better cooling and longer engine life.
• Thick, cylinder cooling fins. Enhances the stylish look while increasing efficiency.
• Dual, heated Mikuni® 28mm carburetors with a throttle position sensor (TPS) features a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter. Provides a consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev-range.
• Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
• Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
• Stout, large-diameter steel frame is designed to provide low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• The bobbed fender evoke’s a look that’s both sporty and stylish.
• Extra long, 63.4-inch wheelbase adds to rider comfort, handling, and creates a long and low retro look.
• Large, low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort while low, 27.4-inch seat height allows rider to put feet down for extra confidence at stoplights.
• 41mm aluminum telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel and tube protectors ensures a smooth ride with stylishly sporty durability.
• Link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 3.4 inches of travel provides excellent handling and plusher ride quality.
• Rear shock is tucked out of sight under sporty bobtail fender for that classic, hardtail look.
• Single front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Narrow front tire on wire-spoked wheel completes the Custom’s design and delivers quick steering for sporty handling.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
• Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra-long-distance cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• Chrome, bullet-style 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
• Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
• Under seat helmet holder increases convenience for the rider.
• Locking compartment under side cover. Secure storage for small items.
|Engine Type||40-cubic-inch Air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||81 x 63mm|
|Fuel Delivery||28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Frame||Steel; hidden shock|
|Suspension / Front||41mm telescopic fork; 5.5" travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||200mm drum|
|Tires / Front||100/90-19|
|Tires / Rear||170/80-15|
|Seat Height||27.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||49 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||514 lb / California model: 518 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.