- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 1783 L
- Top Speed:
- 138 mph
2006 Boulevard M109R
Call it the best of all worlds. Introducing the all-new Suzuki Boulevard M109R - an incredible combination of cruiser styling and renowned Suzuki power and handling. By injecting the Boulevard M109R with a potent shot of race-proven technology developed for the championship-winning GSX-R sport bikes, Suzuki has literally redefined the concept of a cruiser.
The Boulevard M109R’s ....
...exhilarating performance begins with its all-new 109-cubic-inch, fuel injected V-twin engine. It’s tuned to produce massive torque all the way from idle to redline, which translates into acceleration that you have to feel to believe - and makes this the most powerful cruiser Suzuki has ever produced. To reward every one of your senses, the big V-twin also produces a throaty, aggressive exhaust note designed to let the world know they’re looking at - and listing to - the hottest cruiser on the road.
Like Suzuki’s sport bikes, the Boulevard M109R balances extraordinary performance with crisp handling, thanks to a technically advanced chassis and suspension, matched by world-class brakes. And when it comes to wrapping that performance package in cruiser styling, a picture is worth a thousand words. Check out its sleek, flowing lines and GSX-R inspired styling touches, and you’ll realize that the Boulevard M109R is in a class of its own.
The all-new Suzuki Boulevard M109R - chrome-plated proof that cruising can be incredibly exciting.
- New 1783cc, 4-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration
- Massive 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke utilizing huge 112mm forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods
- Unique new two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design and reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity
- Each bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight
- A compact dry sump lubrication system SASS (Suzuki Advanced Sump System) provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and lower center of gravity
- Five speed transmission features carefully selected gear ratios for comfortable cruising in a variety of riding situations
- Three piece airbox uses dual intakes with 9.5 liters of internal volume working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element
- The 2-into1-into2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and powerful v-twin sound
- Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies - maintains optium air velocity for smooth low-to-mid range throttle response
- A new Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle speed in various conditions
- Dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the powerful 32 bit ECM for improved combustion effeciency and reduced exhaust emissions
- Race proven front brake system includes radial mounted four piston front calipers and 310mm front brake rotors. Rear brake system includes a dual piston caliper and 275mm rear disc
- High-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride
- Spiral spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels measure a 3.50 x 18 inch up front and a massive 8.50 x 18 inch rear tire wearing a huge 240mm rear Dunlop radial tire
- The M109R features a muscular, innovative and stylish new look of high performance with long sleek flowing lines and a powerful V-twin engine
- A sleek wide fuel tank with 5.1 gallon fuel capacity that flows into integrated side covers, a comfortable low seat and stylish radiator cowl.
- A streamlined headlight cover carrying a unique trapezoidal shaped multi reflector H4 halogen headlight and a maintanance free LED tail light built into the tailsection
- A handlebar mounted digital tachometer and LED indicator lights flow nicely with the tank mounted analog speedometer and LCD odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge and clock
Inverted cartridge forks with 46mm stanchion tubes proved an aggressive front end look with 5.12 inches of wheel travel
- A cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload adjustable single rear shock delivering 4.66 inches of wheel travel working through a shaft drive system
- Engine: 1783cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, V-twin, DOHC, 4-valves
- Bore Stroke: 112.0mm x 90.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Lubrication: Semi-Dry Sump
- Ignition: Digital/transistorized
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Overall Length: 2450mm (96.5 in.)
- Overall Width: 875mm (34.4 in.)
- Overall Height: 1,185mm (46.7 in.)
- Seat Height: 705mm (27.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1710mm (67.3 in.)
- Dry Weight: 315kg* (694 lbs.)
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, 7 way adjustable spring pre-load
- Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
- Tires Front: 130/70R18 M/C 63V
- Tires Rear: 240/40R18 M/C 79V
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.5 liter (4.9 gal.)
- Color: Black, Silver, Violet Blue
Boulevard M109R: First impression
The R suffix in the biggest Boulevard’s designation, that little headlight fairing, and the seat cowl all hint at sportbike thinking, but the engine is where the advanced sportbike technology actually shows up.
Most impressive is the power on tap with the slightest twist of the right wrist ... Perhaps the next most impressive feature of the 109 is the absence of vibration.
The injection system has an idle speed control feature that allows it to warm up smoothly and idle smoothly under varying conditions.
The pistons are a 4.4 inches (112mm) across, which, according to Suzuki, makes them "the largest reciprocating engine pistons being used in any production passenger car or motorcycle on earth."
The Boulevard M109R’s chassis reflects a sportbike’s influence as well and what sets the M109R apart, though, is its headlight nacelle, a feature of the bike since early design sketches.
Suzuki has definitely target the performance big-twin segment and its claims are true, it should have no trouble laying claim to that title.