Having got things right with the Boulevard M109R and M90 models, Suzuki now concentrates on making their middleweight performance cruiser look like it’s ready to tear apart the tarmac and it is precisely the bike’s bigger siblings that stand as inspiration sources for designers. The first things that strike you are the all new headlight cowl and redesigned seat, but it is more about the 2010 Suzuki Boulevard M50 than what meets the eye. For instance, the riding position is now more comfortable as a result of improved ergonomics, while new engine tuning improves low rpm torque. Please read more after the jump.
When Suzuki launched its Boulevard line of cruisers back in 2005, we made a commitment to providing the category with the most complete line up of cruisers in the industry. From 250c all the way up to 1,800cc, Suzuki has product representation across the board with a wide variety of both single cylinder and V-Twin engine models to appeal to the Canadian riding public.
The flagship of our Boulevard line up is the all powerful M109R. A power Cruiser with an aggressive look and engine performance derived directly from our dominant GSX-R line of sportbikes. Based on the incredible success of this bike, Suzuki is pleased to announce the all new 2010 Boulevard M50. A middleweight that shares both the look and heritage of its larger sibling in a more compact and lighter package.
The SUZUKI BOULEVARD M50, sharing the exciting styling and high technology of both the M109R and M90 models in the Suzuki performance cruiser lineup, it’s the perfect choice for riders who demand an uncompromising combination of the right look, the right feel and the right performance.
56-hp fuel injected V-twin engine
Featuring cutting-edge performance along with a distinctive cruiser look featuring sleek, flowing lines and gleaming chromed details. The advanced fuel-injected 805cc V-Twin engine delivers responsive power and torque especially in the low to mid RPM range.
Sporting a completely new look for 2010, the M50 also has extensive updates including handlebars that are closer to the rider for a more user-friendly riding position. The wide, comfortable seat has been reshaped for a smooth visual harmony with the new, sporty rear fender and the new, optional tail section cover. The steel double-cradle frame is now mated to a new chromed steel tail section. The cast-aluminum 16-inch front/15-inch rear wheels now have a gleaming silver finish. Chassis highlights carried over unchanged include 41mm inverted front forks that add sporty looks and performance.
Engine and Transmission
- Displacement: 805 cc (49.1 cu. in.)
- Type: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, OHC, 45-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke: 83.0 mm (3.268 in) x 74.4 mm (2.929 in)
- Compression Ratio: 9.4 : 1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Shaft Drive
Chassis and Dimensions
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Tires Front: 130/90-16M/C 67H, tubeless
- Tires Rear: 170/80-15M/C 77H, tubeless
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Drum brake
- Wheelbase: 1655 mm (65.2 in)
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in)
- Overall Length: 2395 mm (94.3 in)
- Overall Width: 890 mm (35.0 in)
- Seat Height: 700 mm (27.6 in)
- Fuel Tank: Capacity 15.5 L (4.1/3.4 US/Imp gal)
- Curb Weight: 269 kg (593 lbs)
- Colors: Black, Orange
- Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Features & Benefits
- 805cc (50 cubic inch) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-Twin powerplant is built to deliver exciting torque from down low in the rpm range.
- The fuel injection system with Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) delivers smooth low-to-mid-rpm throttle response and high torque output.
- Multi-hole-type fuel injectors deliver a fine spray for a powerful yet fuel-efficient operation.
- An automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system eliminates the choke and shortens the engine’s warm-up time.
- Powerful 32-bit-prosessor Engine Control Module (ECM) helps ensure precise control.
- A Pulsed AIR (PAIR) injection system introduces air into the exhaust ports to ignite unburned hydrocarbons and cut down on emissions.
- The engine has a shiny, visually pleasing chrome-plated overall finish.
- Sleek, flowing Suzuki performance-cruiser styling throughout, from the distinctive headlight cowl to the purposeful tail section.
- The shapely instrument cluster, neatly integrated with the headlight cowl, includes a fuel gauge and a clock.
- Cast-aluminum 16-inch front/15-inch rear wheels, with a gleaming silver finish.
- 41mm inverted front forks add sporty looks and performance.
- Wide, comfortable seat, shaped for a smooth visual harmony with the sporty rear fender and the optional tail section cover
- The LED tail light is shaped for a neat match with the tail section design.
- 32-bit ECM provides precise control of ignition timing and multi-hole-type injectors ensuring quick startup and excellent drivability under all conditions
- Crankshaft designed with 45-degree offset crank pins to reduce engine vibration without a counterbalancer for a more comfortable ride
- Custom-styled exhaust designed for a deep rumbling sound and tuned low rpm power
- Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) - maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output - includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS)
- Five-speed transmission features a high fifth gear ratio for relaxed highway cruising
- Fuel-injected, 50 cubic inch, eight-valve, liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin engine tuned for exceptional low rpm power and torque
- Low-maintenance shaft final-drive system is clean-running with low torque reaction
- Pulsed-secondary air-injection system introduces air into the exhaust ports to ignite unburned hydrocarbons and reduce emissions - CA. spec. model is equipped with a catalyst for further emission reduction
- Cast aluminum rims carry a wide 130/90-16 front tire and 170/80-15 rear tire
- Bright bullet-style turn signals designed for high visibility and attractive appearance
- Handlebar-mounted speedometer styled for a clean appearance and positioned for good visibility
- Inverted, 41mm front fork for a performance look and comfortable ride - the only model in the class with an inverted fork
- Large LED-type taillight with a clear lens provides a modern custom look
- Link-type rear suspension connects to a truss-style swingarm and a single shock absorber with 7-way spring preload adjustment
- Long, wide 15.5 L (3.4 Imp gal) fuel tank flows smoothly back to the seat -attractive raised fuel filler includes indicator lights for turn signals, high beam and low fuel
- Low-rise handlebars mounted on pull-back risers provide a comfortable reach for the rider and increased comfort around town or on the highway
- Powerful multi-reflector headlight housed in an attractive case with stylish headlight rim - headlight switches off during startup to reduce load on battery
- Sharp-edged-styled front fender adds to the clean look of the front end, while the tapered rear fender adds to the flowing lines at the rear
- Single front disc brake with large 300mm rotor for strong braking performance
- Soft-tail-style frame creates a continuous flowing line from the headlight, through the fuel tank, seat and rear fender
- Standard 4-way emergency flasher and high-beam passing switch
- Wide, comfortable seat with low seat height - passenger seat can be removed for a bobbed rear fender appearance